PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts, Warhammer 8e Newbie

Method
11-11-2010, 20:01
He guy's.

After playing 40K mainly i'm gonna give it a go at Fantasy :)

So I choose Vampire, mainly because of the models and the "Immune to Psychs" rule...

So I got myself a lot of models and the army book and this is what I came up with.

Please keep in mind, I'm kinda new to Fantasy and I really want to go for a Hordes, raise a milion zombies army :D

Heroes
Vampire Sceptre de Noirot, Raise Dead, Master of the Black Arts,
Cadaverous Cuirass, Sword of Battle 195
Vampire Sceptre de Noirot, Raise Dead, Master of the Black Arts,
Cadaverous Cuirass, Sword of Battle 195

Core
Crypt Ghouls Undead, Poisoned Attacks 240
Crypt Ghouls Undead, Poisoned Attacks 240

Special
Grave Guard Heavy Armour, Shield, Wight Blade, Undead, Musician,
Standard Bearer 306
Grave Guard Heavy Armour, Shield, Wight Blade, Undead, Musician, Standard Bearer 306

Black Knights Heavy Armour, Lance, Shield, Wight Blade, Undead,
Musician, Standard Bearer 168
Hell Knight Heavy Armour, Lance, Shield, Wight Blade, Undead 40
Skeletal Steed Insubstantial

Rare
Varghulf 175

Plan is to put each of the Vamp in a unit of Grave Guards, raising zombies along the way. Ghouls on one site with the Varghulf and the knight on the other side.

I really like the idea of overwhelming the enemy with zombies, thats why I choose the Sceptre and the 2 extra power Dice.

What do you think? Is it worth trying?

Wyrmnax
11-11-2010, 20:29
You cannot have 2 of the same magic items on the same list, so your vampires are illegal.

How many points is this army? you might have too few points on Core.

Also, please list how many units there is on each unit. There is no point on listing the standard gear of each one ( like heavy armour, shield and wight blade on the grave guard ), but it is farily good to actually say how many of the grave guards are on each unit.

One more thing - zombies will not overwhelm your enemy. You use them to deny rank bonuses or to tie up a unit, but they are one of the worst combat units in Fantasy, and you hardly ever have enough of them to overrun a enemy n sheer weight of numbers.

Welcome to the hobby.

Method
11-11-2010, 20:59
Ok thats the feedback I need :D

Heroes
1 Vampire, Sceptre de Noirot, Master of the Black arts
1 Vampire, Ghoulkin, Master of the Black arts

Core
30 Crypt Ghouls
30 Crypt Ghouls

Special
24 Grave Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer
24 Grave Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer

8 Black Knights, Musician, Standard Bearer, Hell Knight

Rare
1 Varghulf

That would be around 1825 points

So you say I should take the points for hard hitting units and only summon the zombies for flanking and raising behind enemy units?