PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation vs Ragnarok

Ifurita
13-03-2006, 15:14
This looks interesting, but I have no idea what the difference is between the two systems or how much portability minis have between the two. Can anyone give me a quick synopsis.

Also, Devourers or Wolfen look most interesting, though the Alahan figures are really nice too. How many/what kind of figures and at what cost would be needed to get started at the intro skirmish level?

Crube
13-03-2006, 15:19
This (http://infinityanalog.com/confrontationinvasion/ragnarok/) FAQ might be of use...

Keravin
13-03-2006, 15:32
For Wolfen there is actually a force in the starter boxes that is eminently useable for Confrontation.

Ifurita
13-03-2006, 16:36
Thanks, that helps. At this moment, I'm more interested in painting up some of the minis, but would like to be able to have something playable if I decide to go that route.

Keravin
13-03-2006, 17:47
I completely understand that. It's how I started with Rackham stuff too.

Evilmerlin
13-03-2006, 20:33
Start with Confrontation first and if you really hanker for some battalion on battalion action, then get more minis for Ragnarok.

ashc
22-03-2006, 22:27
seeing as people are already using this topic title (and i was going to pretty much ask the same thing) i was wondering if i could ask a question?

is it possible to play the smaller skirmish games from confrontation just by buying ragnorok? or to play the small games do you need the confrontation rulebook? how small is a ragnorok battle?

thanks,

Ash

Ifurita
22-03-2006, 23:02
Well, I'm painting up a Wolfen w/ crossbow (I'll get WIP pictures up soon). Any suggestions on what characters/figures/boxed sets to get next. Not necessarily looking for a tourney winning army, just something that would be cool to paint up and play with.

A neutral shade of black.
23-03-2006, 09:33
is it possible to play the smaller skirmish games from confrontation just by buying ragnorok? or to play the small games do you need the confrontation rulebook? how small is a ragnorok battle?

You need the C3 rulebook. The "minimum" points cost (below which you're better off playing Conf') for Rag' is 1k.

Ifurita: bought a prowler yet? It isn't a character model, but I'll be damned if it isn't worth buying.

ashc
23-03-2006, 15:08
thanks aneutralshadeofblack; confrontation it is for now!

Ash

Ifurita
23-03-2006, 15:46
You need the C3 rulebook. The "minimum" points cost (below which you're better off playing Conf') for Rag' is 1k.

Ifurita: bought a prowler yet? It isn't a character model, but I'll be damned if it isn't worth buying.

Nice. Maybe I'll pick up one of those and the boxed set with the 3 other Wolfen