PDA

View Full Version : Another quick Night Lords fluff question

rob1992
12-11-2010, 10:17
My old thread got a bit buried so I thought I'd better make a new one.

Very simple couple of questions: should Night Lords have Chaos symbols on their shoulder pads? My guys are assembled but I should be able to file them smooth easily enough. I've also got one with the Khorne shoulder pad as he's supposed to be falling to Khorne. Should I get rid of that?

Other question: Which shoulder pad should I put the NLs symbol on?

Thanks

DantesInferno
12-11-2010, 10:34
Very simple couple of questions: should Night Lords have Chaos symbols on their shoulder pads? My guys are assembled but I should be able to file them smooth easily enough. I've also got one with the Khorne shoulder pad as he's supposed to be falling to Khorne. Should I get rid of that?

Depends on the outlook of your particular Night Lords, but if you want your Night Lords to have Chaos symbols such as the eight-pointed star or icon of Khorne, that's perfectly acceptable. There are plenty of in-Codex illustrations of Night Lords bearing such symbols (I'm looking at some Night Lords with eight-pointed stars in the 2nd ed Chaos Codex now).

While, generally speaking, the Night Lords look with contempt upon those who dedicate themselves to deities, they are still happy to use Chaos to achieve their goals.

Moreover, it's entirely possible that rogue Night Lords warbands (or Night Lords attached to other warbands) have fallen to the worship of Chaos proper.

Other question: Which shoulder pad should I put the NLs symbol on?

Thanks

Left is traditional, but uniformity of armour decoration isn't exactly a Night Lord priority.

jlmb_123
12-11-2010, 11:53
I think that, although it's unfluffy and I wouldn't include anything distinctly Chaotic in a Night Lords warband such as Daemon Princes or Daemons, that the more detail on the models the better, to show off the gold trim. A good way to do Night Lords that I've seen is to use lots of Imperial parts too, just no eagles. Dan the Daemon on the B&C and Throat on the Night Lords forums have very good armies which incorporate Chaos symbols but are very distinctly Night Lords.

DarthMcBob
12-11-2010, 13:56
It's perfectly OK to have Chaos symbols on your Night Lords. If you read Lord of the Night, you will know that there is at least one NL Daemon Prince, named Krieg Acerbus. Soul Hunter reveals that he actually leads the single largest Night Lords warband. So Chaos stuff would be perfectly fluffy.

Night Bearer
12-11-2010, 15:05
on the Night Lords forums
The what now on the what what?

As for Night Lords, I think it's been more or less retconned, but the Realm of Chaos books depicted Night Lords as being a Khorne-worshipping legion.