PDA

View Full Version : can Dwarves use the common magic items in the rulebook

Waagh Rider
13-11-2010, 19:34
I'm only asking because it says in the rulebook 'all' armies can use them, but it strikes me that in the armylistentries for Dwarf characters allowances it says ' may take 'runic'items, up to a value of', which clearly the common items are not.
Is this a case where armybook takes precedence?

Lord_Elric
13-11-2010, 19:46
No i would say they cant tbh as there is clearly a piont of stating "runic" items instead of magic items as though they have classed them diferantly to magic items

AMWOOD co
13-11-2010, 19:49
I agree. Dwarfs, by the book, are not allowed to use the new common magic item list. Neither are Daemons, but nobody want to give them any edge.

BigRob
13-11-2010, 21:10
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Don't even think about it, your beard would wither from all that nasty magic rubbish, very bad for you beardling, stick to the good dwarven runes, they will be all you ever need.

Dwarves used to have thier own magic items and access to some of the others (and some, like GavT believed they should be the only non runic items they used!). Luckily Dwarves have seen more sense and now just have thier runes, which, TBH is all they need.

If you want magic items, play someone else :)

Lord_Elric
13-11-2010, 22:40
I agree. Dwarfs, by the book, are not allowed to use the new common magic item list. Neither are Daemons, but nobody want to give them any edge.

didnt know demons couldnt have common magic items how come???

theunwantedbeing
13-11-2010, 22:52
didnt know demons couldnt have common magic items how come???

Presumably because in the daemons character section there are no options for spending their daemonic gift allowance on common magical items.

Bit like how Treeman ancients can't take common item's either.
Or Bretonnian damsels can't take virtues.

Dwarves have not been allowed common items since their 6th ed book, only runic items, as their book clearly states.

This question comes up rather a lot too often it seems, isnt it stickied somewhere?

Lord_Elric
13-11-2010, 23:03
Presumably because in the daemons character section there are no options for spending their daemonic gift allowance on common magical items.

ahhh ok havent given the DoC book a proper read didnt know they didnt have any magic items atall hehe

DaemonReign
14-11-2010, 14:16
ahhh ok havent given the DoC book a proper read didnt know they didnt have any magic items atall hehe

They've got their Gifts instead. Which they can take in duplicates. So they DoC are fine with respect to "magic items". I think it's brilliant that Daemons don't use common magic items. Less so with Dwarves perhaps. Some of their units or characters should perhaps be able to at least mix it up a little - especially in bigger games those rune-combos tend to get a bit a stretched.

arthurfallz
14-11-2010, 15:03
I honestly overlooked this in my creation of Dwarf army lists, but then didn't take any anyways :D