PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Point Skaven using 2 IoB sets

Torpedo Vegas
14-11-2010, 02:19
Lords:
- Warlord, heavy armor, enchanted, weeping blade, dawnstone, obsidian trinket, bonebreaker .................................. 230pts

Heroes:
-Chieftan, BSB, Armor of Fortune, Banner of Eternal Flame 100pts
- Warlock Engineer lvl 1 65pts
- Warlock Engineer lvl, warplock Pistol 73 points

Core:
- Clanrats 40, Full Command, Poisoned Wind Mortar - 265pts
- Clanrats 40, Full Command, Poisoned Wind Mortar - 265pts

A friend o mine made this list using two IoB sets, is it any good at all? Comment and criticize please.

Torpedo Vegas
14-11-2010, 16:53
Bump, any help here guys?

vorthain
14-11-2010, 21:33
This seems fine - though kicking an engineer up to level 2 may be worth it in exchange for dropping some of the warlord's kit.

kiickman
14-11-2010, 22:33
i like soo someone More then me using Warlord at bonebreaker <3
But i think you should Get him some other gear Like

Sheild
Warstone armor (it is awesome when you got +2 save)
Dawnstone (Reroll armor save)
The other Trickster shards (they need too Reroll ward saves)
Tail Weapon
Posioned attacks

then you got 7 pts Left, He is Now costing 251 pts. but still

4+1 attack at S4 is nice and Posioned attack and then
5 attacks at S5 that is Posioned from bonebreaker

Killingspree
14-11-2010, 23:02
The warlord has me worried, to be quite honest. If anyone takes a cannon or bolt thrower, he is done no questions asked. If you wanted to keep the warlord on a bonebreaker yet still keep him effectice the best solution is most likely the charmed shield (shown to me by TheDrugLordX, not going to steal credit). This way, if your warlord takes a cannon to the face, he can shrug the first one off without taking so much as a scratch. And for 5 points, why the hell not.

As for the rest of the list, it has no heavy hitters. The warlord might be able to put some wounds on the enemy (if he is alive to make it to combat) but most likely not enough. I would say to drop some stuff but I don't know what other models you (or your friend) has available.

K/S

Torpedo Vegas
14-11-2010, 23:52
What he has available:
40 Clannrats with spears
40 Clannrats with Swords
2 Warlords/Chieftans
2 Warlock Engineers
4 Rat Oggres
2 Packmasters
2 Waprfire throwers
2 Poisoned Wind Mortars

Svarten
15-11-2010, 08:00
i like soo someone More then me using Warlord at bonebreaker <3
But i think you should Get him some other gear Like

Sheild
Warstone armor (it is awesome when you got +2 save)
Dawnstone (Reroll armor save)
The other Trickster shards (they need too Reroll ward saves)
Tail Weapon
Posioned attacks

then you got 7 pts Left, He is Now costing 251 pts. but still

4+1 attack at S4 is nice and Posioned attack and then
5 attacks at S5 that is Posioned from bonebreaker

How do you plan to get him in to a 1K list if hes 251pts? xD

The Marshel
15-11-2010, 12:53
play 1004 points games obviously :P

sssk
15-11-2010, 13:09
I'm no skaven general, but get a warpfire thrower or two in there. In one shot they can make their points back, and at 1000 points, the chance of making a unit leg it for a turn or two is great (especially as some people won't be able to afford BSBs).

I'd get rid of expensive characters and keep them cheap and cheerful. Then you could probably fit a couple of rat ogres in with no loss of models. By Cheap and cheerful I mean give them nothing, my Goblin big boss (not even warboss) general has light armour and a shield, fair enough he'll get flattened if anyone attacks him, but he can always run away, and if he does die, he doesn't even cost 40 points (also he still has a 5+ save and 6+ ward in combat....which isn't that bad.....kind of). Save the expensive characters for 2000 points. Indeed why not downgrade the warlord to a chieftain. Fair enough there's a bit less leadership, but then with a BSB you aren't going to run that much, and you could fit a mortar in too.

As you can no doubt see, my view tends to be the more the merrier. Keep things cheap and just take lots of them (especially with the likes of skaven....and goblins).

vorthain
15-11-2010, 13:48
I tend to agree with sssk. There are a lot of points in characters in that list. I would make one warlock engineer a level 2 wizard, remove the BSB's magic wargear (he can't have magic items AND a magic banner, remember, so choose one or the other), and take out the warlock engineer with the pistol - I can't see him doing anything of use. Then, you can spend a few points on the warlord - the Bonebreaker seems like overkill in 1k pts, but if you really want him on the Bonebreaker, I wouldn't give him too much else than a Charmed Shield. That will free up points for the rank and file and weapon teams. If you expand above 1k, then you can spend more freely on sexy wargear for characters.