Dryads x 8 96
Dryads x 8 96
Dryads x 8 96
Eternal Guard x14 186
[with standard bearer and musician]
Treeman 285
Alter Highborn 261
[with Shield, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, and Briarsheath]

This is a theoretical list, I haven't tried it out. It's very much based on my belief that wood elf heroes are mostly useless and definitely over-priced [points-wise] compared to pretty much every other army. As a result, it's very core-heavy with no Spellsingers [because they're useless] nor Spellweavers [because I really like the Alter]. Comes to precisely 1500 points. I was wondering; what problems would you think I'm likely to encounter if I used this?

thesheriff
14-11-2010, 18:12
Glade guard x 10 120
Glade guard x 10 120
Glade guard x 10 120
Glade guard x 10 120

Make sure you have musicians
Dryads x 8 96
Dryads x 8 96
Dryads x 8 96

rather have 5 treekin
Eternal Guard x14 186
[with standard bearer and musician]

Nice idea, but will get eaten up sharpish by bowfire. consider more GG or treekin

Treeman 285
F-T-W

Alter Highborn 261
[with Shield, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, and Briarsheath]
Would swap for either a treeman ancient w. cluster and annoyance, or a spellweaver w. lv.4, wand of wych elm, talismain of preservation.

And, your hypothosis on charecters is wrong. HEROES are crap. The alter lord, along with the two I just mentioned are amazingly good and sometimes comical.

thesheriff

Artemis150
14-11-2010, 18:22
I said that Heroes are useless and overpriced, not characters. I'm in agreement, I love the lords. Although, I must say I'm not a fan of the Treeman Ancient. 40 points extra [I think] just to be able to give him spites? Not worth it in my opinion, he tends to do well enough as just a rare. Unless I've misinterpreted the rules, I know that they used to take up a lord and rare slot, so I thought that any points spent on him goes towards both Lord and Rare? Or is it just Lord now? [In which case, I'm all up for two treemen in 1500 points :D]
However, I'm very tempted by the Spellweaver. I'll probably end up swapping between the two pretty often

thesheriff
14-11-2010, 18:38
I said that Heroes are useless and overpriced, not characters. I'm in agreement, I love the lords. Although, I must say I'm not a fan of the Treeman Ancient. 40 points extra [I think] just to be able to give him spites? Not worth it in my opinion, he tends to do well enough as just a rare. Unless I've misinterpreted the rules, I know that they used to take up a lord and rare slot, so I thought that any points spent on him goes towards both Lord and Rare? Or is it just Lord now? [In which case, I'm all up for two treemen in 1500 points :D]
However, I'm very tempted by the Spellweaver. I'll probably end up swapping between the two pretty often

He's just a lord now. And he's got some redeeming features. Firstly, it means you can have an extra treeman for the points. Also, 18" Ld9 bubble is quite handy. And, those spites means hes pretty nails in challenges, and gives you an extra dispel dice, which can really be usful against fire magic :cries: