PDA

View Full Version : Sliscus?

Ba'al Starslayer
14-11-2010, 19:50
Just a quick question.... I know Sliscus is a corsair-esque captain (He doesn't own a Kabal etc...) but what is the colour scheme for his force? Is the snake's head on the transfer sheet his heraldry? Is there anything else known about this guy other than he seems obsessive and compulsive? (Even for a Dark Eldar!)

Drasanil
14-11-2010, 21:44
If Bakka's fleet colours are mentioned or depicted in the BRB, they're likely to be similar given that he took that adminiral's colours as his own after he destroyed the fleet.

Otherwise go with what ever looks good.

KharnTheBetrayer01
15-11-2010, 12:50
There didn't seem to be an official look. Personally, I'd recommend playing Fable 2 and 3, and basing his paint scheme off of Reavers attire. Every sentence I read made me think more and more of that dashing, albeit totally morally reprehensible, rogue.

Crazy Ivan
15-11-2010, 17:08
If Bakka's fleet colours are mentioned or depicted in the BRB, they're likely to be similar given that he took that adminiral's colours as his own after he destroyed the fleet.

Otherwise go with what ever looks good.
I don't think it's mentioned in the current BRB, but Segmentum Tempestus' (of which Bakka is the HQ) Imperial Navy uniforms used to be blue.

By the way, I don't have the DE codex, but did Sliscus destroy the entire Segmentum Tempestus' fleet? :eek: Or was it just a smaller detachment?

Drasanil
15-11-2010, 17:23
The Bakka fleet massacre by the dark eldar in current BRB was attributed to Sliscus in the DE Codex. IIRC which means he basicy crippled naval operations for a whole bunch of sectors in one fell swoop.

Crazy Ivan
15-11-2010, 17:27
Ah, I forgot about that bit in the BRB, thanks!

SgtTaters
15-11-2010, 18:16
There was an image posted that said it was Phil Kelly's Duke Sliscus

he painted him in yellow/black alternating bands, like a wasp.

Ba'al Starslayer
15-11-2010, 18:51
Thanks to everyone! :)

There was an image posted that said it was Phil Kelly's Duke Sliscus

he painted him in yellow/black alternating bands, like a wasp.

Where is this? :eek:

SgtTaters
16-11-2010, 00:08
Thanks to everyone! :)
Where is this? :eek:

From http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5103146

I don't know where the orignal info is from though

Idaan
16-11-2010, 09:14
It's worth noticing that his nickname is pretty much the only fluff screw-up in the codex. To the Eldar, the serpent (Saim) represents knowledge, not treachery and cunning.

Ba'al Starslayer
16-11-2010, 09:37
I always saw his "Title" as a sinister twist to Saim; he is knowledgeable, that's why he's so damn good at what he does! It's just he's knowledgeable in his own evil way :p
So Bakka's fleet colours were Orange and Black?

Jerrus
16-11-2010, 10:14
It's worth noticing that his nickname is pretty much the only fluff screw-up in the codex. To the Eldar, the serpent (Saim) represents knowledge, not treachery and cunning.

The Elven Language in Warhammer has often been discribed as so complex that the same word has different, often opposing, meanings. So serpent could well represent knowledge in one sentance and treachary in another.

Decius
16-11-2010, 13:35
To stay true to the background, you should really paint a new Sliscus each game in whatever colours are in vogue at the time.

Ba'al Starslayer
16-11-2010, 19:45
Just a few questions...
What is his army's colour scheme?
What is the NAME of his Kabal/Fleet?
Is their symbol on the transfer sheet? I was thinking of using the Poisoned Tongue's symbol, but with the venom "Drop" cut off.

SgtTaters
17-11-2010, 05:20

The Dark Eldar codex mentions another Serpent god, the evil twin of Saim who represents Treachery, Cunning, and Poison. Think his name is Shaimesh

Shards of Basalt
17-11-2010, 22:45
What is the NAME of his Kabal/Fleet?
The Sky Serpents, their symbol and colour scheme doesn't appear in the Dark Eldar Codex that I can see.

Ba'al Starslayer
17-11-2010, 23:24
Do you know what it is? Is it ACTUALLY Orange/Black (I guess it is, considering Phil kelly WROTE the Codex haha)

Decius
18-11-2010, 04:48
Would one of such consummate arrogance demean himself by wearing the same colours twice in a row?

Maybe this is just me, but perhaps Duke Sliscus wore orange and black simply to set a fashion trend, only to abandon it once it became popular.

Could Duke Sliscus be one of the few special characters in 40k that has no set colour scheme?