PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts of WoC, Khorne/Tzeentch

Mozzamanx
14-11-2010, 23:52
Ello,

I haven't played a game since 8th was released, leaving the game with my Tomb Kings. I'm now looking to get back into the scene, and Warriors are looking like a good pick in terms of gameplay and modelling. Here is the first try for a list.

Sorcerer Lord- Mark of Tzeentch, Level 4, Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye, Book of Secrets, Spell Familiar

Sorcerer- Level 2, Lore of Shadow, Infernal Puppet
Exalted Hero- Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Great Weapon, Helm of many eyes, Battle Standard Bearer

Marauders- 40, Mark of Khorne, Great Weapons, Full Command

Chosen- 18, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Favour of the Gods
Dragon Ogres- 3, 2 Hand Weapons

Warshrine- Mark of Tzeentch
Hellcannon

2249pts

There isn't much of a plan to speak of, more of a running headbutt into the enemy. 2 huge blobs of very angry Marauders work around a buffed block of Chosen to provide a combat bulldozer, while the Dragon Ogres take the flanks. Hellcannon covers the other, with the Sorcerer Lord causing mischief and being a flying machine gun.

In retrospect, there doesn't seem to be a great need for the second cheap Sorcerer, and I could very easily dump him and move the puppet onto my Lord. This could give me a few more points to put elsewhere, but I don't really know what to get. I'm stumped apart from more firepower in Sorcerers or a second Hellcannon.

Anyway, any advice is very welcome. As I said, I don't really have many tactics beyond a swift punch to the jugular, so anything to spice that up while remaining effective would be grand.

immortal git
15-11-2010, 08:03
your short 125 points of core mate.

the DO...maybe GWs because theyre only I 2

Im unsure on the book of secrets, but i dont think its the best choice for a level 4 because of the new miscate table...

Marauders are great.

Chosen...I thought about sheilds on them myself and my main thought was they cant put out enough damage for my liking.

Eta
15-11-2010, 08:19
The Book of Secrets is a big no-no item on your lord as it makes him a lvl 1 sorcerer!

Drop the second sorcerer, use the points to bump up your core units and get some Chaos Hounds. Very useful to catch arrows and bullets, to redirect or even to attack warmachines when your opponent does ignore them.

I'd dismount your BSB, one cannon shot or a stonethrower hit with low scatter is all it takes to kill him.

thesheriff
15-11-2010, 19:19
Suggest;

*Making the chosen normal warriors (will sort out your 25% core problem)
*Drop the Warshrine
*Add more Drogres (extra 3), and give them GW
*Drop the book of secrets
*Give the jugger guy a halberd instead of a great weapon (keeps asf, usual re-rolls, and still wounds most stuff on 2's)
*Give your lord a 4+ward common magic item (for a 3+ward when combined with MOT) instead of the book

thesheriff

Big TM
15-11-2010, 19:58
Suggest;
*Give the jugger guy a halberd instead of a great weapon (keeps asf, usual re-rolls, and still wounds most stuff on 2's)
thesheriff

Won't he still get always strike first even with the great weapon, or have they changed the way that works?

thesheriff
15-11-2010, 20:04
Always strikes last (great weapon) and always strikes first (helm) cancel out to his base iniative. But, for one strength less, you usually get re-rolls.

Big TM
15-11-2010, 20:32
Always strikes last (great weapon) and always strikes first (helm) cancel out to his base iniative. But, for one strength less, you usually get re-rolls.

Ah, Ok. I guess the halberd's a better choice then.

Dreadgrass
15-11-2010, 21:58
Hi,

Just a few suggestions/ comments (my points are in orange):

Sorcerer Lord- Mark of Tzeentch, Level 4, Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye, Book of Secrets, Spell Familiar
The errata kills this setup as the book turns you into a lvl 1 sorcerer, meaning you'll no longer get your lvl 4 and all the bonuses that go with it. I'd suggest Blood of Tzeentch instead

Sorcerer- Level 2, Lore of Shadow, Infernal Puppet
Unfortunately, only sorcerer lords or a character with book of secrets can take shadow. Maybe try Death? Or even make this guy Tzeentch and your Lord Undivided with Shadow?

Exalted Hero- Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Great Weapon, Helm of many eyes, Battle Standard Bearer
Agree with above, Halberd will serve you best here. and if you can scrape up the points, a wardsave would help as he's a bit of a target atm.

Fine, maybe consider dropping the champs?

Chosen- 18, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Favour of the Gods
The unit itself is fine, but as stated above, you need some more core, so downgrading them to standard warriors will solve this problem and give you some more points to play with.

Dragon Ogres- 3, 2 Hand Weapons
I'd either cheap out with no weapon upgrades or go for broke with GW's... I love dragon ogres!

Warshrine- Mark of Tzeentch
If you agree to drop the chosen to warriors, maybe re-consider this. Still a fine option though.

Hellcannon
Almost mandatory, no qualms here.

2249pts