PDA

View Full Version : A couple of my wife's sketches

Morathi's Darkest Sin
13-03-2006, 22:31
I've mentioned in another thread that my wife is an artist, so i thought I'd show you a piece of her work. It's for a 40K RPG character she was using a year or so back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/MorgthNthrog/karsa2.jpg

and this is supposed to be Yuan Tan for the Dynasty warriors game, I did suggest she send this to Koei with some coloured pics but she is still unsure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/MorgthNthrog/yuantan.jpg

They are the only two pics of hers I have online at the moment, but I'd hope to get some more up at some point.

tzeentchgiant
13-03-2006, 23:17
Very cool, I love the tattoo, most impressive :).

I may have to steal the idea for some chaos beasties :p.

TG

Anvils Hammer
15-03-2006, 11:28
awesome work, I love the hyper detailed areas on the cloaks/tatoos etc.

Verm1s
15-03-2006, 13:59
Nice rendering, especially the workings of the bionic arm.

Gae'Mot
15-03-2006, 15:02
Great to see women drawing without feeling forced to copy anime/manga.
She's got skills^^

Cyberjankie
15-03-2006, 18:41
Wow, shes realy good! Like the style of this works. This Bionics are impressive and the asian-guy fits also perfect into 40k. More of this stuff yould be nice ;)

Verm1s
15-03-2006, 23:53
Great to see women drawing without feeling forced to copy anime/manga.
Sorry for derailing, but that surprised me. I've never noticed anything about it. :confused:

Gae'Mot
16-03-2006, 10:05
Sorry for derailing, but that surprised me. I've never noticed anything about it. :confused:I've studied Illustrative design, 90% of my female co-students (wich'd be 80% of the class ^^) had a very hard time breaking with 'cute' anime drawings. I've also given small (groups of 4 to 8 each time) drawing courses after my studies (again, most of the 'students' were girls/women) and almost all of them were especially inspired by anime. The typical faces kept coming back. Or the cat-people thing that seems to be very popular.

If you visit deviantart for an example, look for traditional drawing or comics and only pay attention to the female artists you're going to have a hard job finding non-anime.

Flame of Udun
16-03-2006, 19:38
That's some cool artwork, I especially like the asian looking chapwith the pistol grip swords, very cool! Wish I had a lady who could draw like that :(

Also I agree with Gae'mot, manga style is very popular amongst many female illustration students I've met.

juddski
19-03-2006, 00:25
hi Morathi's Darkest Sin ,i've already seen the bottom one on the Cathay site, and you know what i thought about it then ,the top one is the same ,simply beautiful ,love the style ,tell her to keep up the great work (can't wait to see anymore?)

Morathi's Darkest Sin
19-03-2006, 10:49
Hi Juddski nice to see you again.

As to everyone comments, many thanks, she is most pleased that people like them.
If I can get my photoshop working. (it died last week for no apparent reason.. won't load even after re-installing ???) I'll try and get a few more pics up onto my Photobucket account and link them here. I'd really like to show a couple of her werewolves.

Anyways, thanks once again. :D

Finnblood
19-03-2006, 11:30
I'd really like to show a couple of her werewolves.
I'd really like to see them.
I like her style, very energic (especially the small creature in the first pic) and very high details (especially on the oriental lad - amazing). I'd only wish stronger use of shading, maybe...

But yes, good work, I hope we'll see more soon.