PDA

View Full Version : GW website fantasy theeme

Fredox
15-11-2010, 14:12
Just visited the GW site and it's got a fancy pants fantasy theme. Anyone got a clue what's going on? Would have been nice if they coded the page to fill my wide screen monitor but it is GW and the web.;)

Hermanesq
15-11-2010, 14:21
I think it'll just be the 'christmas colours' to match up with the new red shelf strips in stores that appeared over the weekend.

Abit of GW festivity to go with the season

Wintermute
15-11-2010, 18:03
I'm moving this thread to GW General Discussion

Wintermute

loveless
15-11-2010, 18:36
Just visited the GW site and it's got a fancy pants fantasy theme. Anyone got a clue what's going on? Would have been nice if they coded the page to fill my wide screen monitor but it is GW and the web.;)

Funny, it fills my wide screen monitor just fine :p

I really like it - it's a pretty set-up and is noteworthy (for me) because this is the first time it didn't have white strips of nothing on either side.

The Ginger Ninja
15-11-2010, 20:47
I like new colour, I hope the keep it that way. Its softer on the eyes as well.

blongbling
16-11-2010, 08:06
just tying in their Xmas promo stuff

RevEv
16-11-2010, 08:14
Looks great to me - except it's not even bloomin' Advent yet, so all this Christmas stuff is all too early.

Why can't they all wait (not just GW but all retailers) until Advent Sunday at the end of November?:mad:

Grump over!

Wil Grand
16-11-2010, 21:08
Looks great to me - except it's not even bloomin' Advent yet, so all this Christmas stuff is all too early.

Why can't they all wait (not just GW but all retailers) until Advent Sunday at the end of November?:mad:

Grump over!

Because it's a vacuous pressure based consumer event?

BobtheInquisitor
17-11-2010, 02:59

Grump over!

I don't know about where you live, but in US shopping centers, the Christmas season begins approximately a week before Halloween. You can tell by the decorations in all the store windows.

Right now, half of all seasonal shelf space in the local grocery store is dedicated to Christmas and only half for Thanksgiving, which is pretty crazy considering that Thanksgiving is THE day for grocery stores.

Because it's a vacuous pressure based consumer event?

:sniff: I love the Holidays.

It's the one time of year that we're all encouraged to look deep inside and ask ourselves "What would Jesus buy?"

Wil Grand
17-11-2010, 05:58
When I go christmas shopping I always keep getting that Steven Wright joke stuck in my head -

"What did Jesus ever do for Santa on his birthday?"

Wintermute
17-11-2010, 06:51
This thread has gone off-topic so...

...Thread Closed

Wintermute