PDA

View Full Version : Help renewing my old WoC list

Alex Under
16-11-2010, 06:57
Hi! I posted this in the tactic forum and got pushed to the second page without any comments. Hope I have a bit more of luck here!

I'm Hoping chaos players could help me out. I haven’t played with WoC since the times when they could field demons. I have plenty of units but I’m really not sure if I can build a competitive army list with what I have:

• 12 WoC with hand weapon and “mutations” painted nurgle. (old plastics that had the mutation sprues). I have plenty of halberds in my bit box, so my idea was to swap the hand weapons for halberds, repaint the Chaos Warriors in Khorne red, add a Khorne champion on foot miniature as the unit’s champion, stick the nurgle sorcerer on foot in the unit (this makes 14 models) and add a unit filler with a converted chaos spawn guided to battle chained to a couple of handlers, to beef up the unit to 17 + sorcerer: 18 in 3 rows of 6. Alternatively, I could swap the unit filler for a BSB with MoK on a jugger but not sure if it's wise to put a juggernaut in an infantry block.

• 30 Marauders with GW

• 10 Hounds

• 10 mounted marauders (5 with throwing spears, others still in the box).

• 2 chariots (painted and converted nurgle)

• 1 nurgle sorcerer (fly-faced old miniature)

• 1 sorcerer on disc.

• 1 nurgle chosen with 2 hand weapons.

• 1 spawn (painted nurgle).

• 1 Chaos Lord of Nurgle on daemonic mount. (could use as a standard unit champion for the knights by simply changing the base).

• 5 Chaos knights.

Enough bits to build:

• A 3rd chariot.

• Nurgle War Shrine.

My question is, is there a way to make all the above units work in one list? I’m having a lot of trouble fitting in the characters for 2.500 games and can’t find a cool combo. I’d really wouldn’t like to drop any of the 2 (tzeentch on disc, nurgle sorcerer on foot) as they are miniatures I really like. Still, I’m aware I need a BSB (perhaps add this to one of the chariots?).

Any suggestions as what to drop or what to buy to have a fairly competitive army with the above units would be extremely helpful.

Please HELP!

PS: I normally play in a relaxed, non-tournament environment, so unit fillers are welcome and I don't need a cheesey army; I can risk being a bit "fluffy".

NixonAsADaemonPrince
16-11-2010, 09:31
I came up with this from the models you have available, its pretty solid competitively IMO, see what you think:

2500pt WoC List

Lords: 380pts

Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord with Mark of Tzeentch, Biting Blade, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Spell Familiar (More chance of getting Gateway) and Disc of Tzeentch: 380pts

Heroes: 365pts

Lv2 Sorcerer with Mark of Nurgle and Infernal Puppet (Always fun and handy): 155pts (Goes in the Marauders, if he blows up in the Chaos Warriors unit it will be far more painful)

Exalted Hero with Mark of Tzeentch, Halberd or Flail, Dragon Helm, Talisman of Endurance, Potion of Recklessness, Barded Chaos Steed and Battle Standard: 210pts (Obviously you will have to buy this model, but if you put him in the Knights, you end up with WS7 S6/S7 A6 on the charge with a 1+AS and 4+Ward. Obviously you can put him on foot in the Chaos Warriors, but them he loses an attack and goes down to 3+AS)

Core: 799pts

18 Chaos Warriors with Mark of Khorne, Halberds, Full Command and Banner of the Eternal Flame: 324pts

39 (Using Hounds as unit fillers, that’s what I did in the transition to 8th, hounds just don’t really cut it in my book when you can get another 2 Attack S5 guy for a point less) Chaos Marauders with Mark of Khorne, Great Weapons and Full Command: 245pts

10 Marauder Horsemen with Flails, Light Armour, Throwing Spears, Mark of Khorne and Full Command: 230pts

Special: 805pts

Chaos Chariot with Mark of Nurgle: 150pts

6 Chaos Knights with Mark of Nurgle, Full Command and Banner of Rage: 355pts

Rare: 150pts

Chaos Warshrine with Mark of Nurgle: 150pts

Total: 2499pts

Hope this helps.

Alex Under
16-11-2010, 13:02
Nixon, huge thanks for your effort! I would’ve been happy with some suggestions, but taking your time to post with a complete list is highly appreciated. Cheers!

The list you suggest seems very solid. I can bring the unit up to 40 marauders and it’s not a huge problem to get hold of a couple of miniatures; I simply didn't want to trash half of my army and buy tons of new stuff. Plus, you haven’t invested many points in rare units, so I can easily bring the numbers up to 3.000 points with a hellcannon (thinking of buying one soon) and some other stuff.

The only thing I’m not sure about are the marauder horsemen. I was thinking of having 2 units of 5 with MoS just for harassing, the classic light cavalry use. A killy unit is not exactly what I had in mind, but perhaps it works better. Still, whatever choice I go for it doesn’t affect the total points all that much.

Thanks again for your time, mate. I really like the character set up you propose. Can’t wait to try them out! (Probably against demons or High Elves).

NixonAsADaemonPrince
16-11-2010, 14:00
Nixon, huge thanks for your effort! I would’ve been happy with some suggestions, but taking your time to post with a complete list is highly appreciated. Cheers!

The list you suggest seems very solid. I can bring the unit up to 40 marauders and it’s not a huge problem to get hold of a couple of miniatures; I simply didn't want to trash half of my army and buy tons of new stuff. Plus, you haven’t invested many points in rare units, so I can easily bring the numbers up to 3.000 points with a hellcannon (thinking of buying one soon) and some other stuff.

The only thing I’m not sure about are the marauder horsemen. I was thinking of having 2 units of 5 with MoS just for harassing, the classic light cavalry use. A killy unit is not exactly what I had in mind, but perhaps it works better. Still, whatever choice I go for it doesn’t affect the total points all that much.

Thanks again for your time, mate. I really like the character set up you propose. Can’t wait to try them out! (Probably against demons or High Elves).

No probs at all, in my sadness I like writing an army list before breakfast :shifty: :D.

Cheers, fair enough, I can sympathise with that. A Hellcannon or two is always a good idea, you can't go wrong with them really, and there are plenty of other good options in the list.

I know what you mean there, its just that I've never been one for subtlety with my WoC, prefering rather to simply steam-roller my enemy :evilgrin:. A couple of Slaanesh units would be good though and definitely no worse, I just never use them right.

That's alright, thanks as well, good luck with your games :).