PDA

View Full Version : Dark eldar colours across the army

world in grey
16-11-2010, 10:12
Ok heres my question a dark eldar kabal will have a set uniform colour scheme but wyches, reavers, hellions and incubi etc are not actually part of the kabal they are "allies" of the kabal so would they have the same uniform colours or would they have their own colours for their cult?

This would make a Dark eldar look alot more like a craftworld eldar army with a mix of colours across the army

Hendarion
16-11-2010, 10:59
They'd probably have their own and I might imagine that hellions sometimes don't even have a uniform look either.

Iracundus
16-11-2010, 11:29
Ok heres my question a dark eldar kabal will have a set uniform colour scheme but wyches, reavers, hellions and incubi etc are not actually part of the kabal they are "allies" of the kabal so would they have the same uniform colours or would they have their own colours for their cult?

This would make a Dark eldar look alot more like a craftworld eldar army with a mix of colours across the army

It says Wych Cults are often sponsored by one or more Kabals. If there is a long term relationship with a Kabal, then it could be supposed they might take on their sponsor's colors.

One can see potentially such an association in the colored section of the Dark Eldar Codex between the Cult of Strife and the Kabal of the Black Heart, the Cult of the Seventh Woe and the Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue, and 1 unnamed Cult with the Kabal of the Obsidian Rose.

SolkaTruesilver
16-11-2010, 11:44
Pink Dark Eldars might be interesting.

Or Turquoise. :D

Kellindel
16-11-2010, 14:35
I painted each of my Wych squads different colors way back when. It helped keep them organized in the Melee messes I used to get them in. When I was asked what my fluff reason for it was, and said they all belonged to different Gladiator houses, and they were all banded together under my Archonite which ended up being rather unique.

His bodyguard unit was all modified to have a unique look from the rest of the army. The Agonisor was a Warp Spider Exarch gauntlet since back then it was either a whip or a spiked gauntlet.

The Archonite was/is a wych with a executioner and sculpted Tormentor Helm.

Granted there is no more tormentor helms now ... :cries:

A lot of work went into that unit and now it's all illegal.

I based the army on Spartacus and his gladiator army.

Only my warriors were the same color. Anything that was a wych squad got painted what ever color I felt like painting that day.

ashendant
16-11-2010, 21:51
Isn't there some paintings at GW website of some dark eldar factions

Here it ishttp://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=12400033a

A few kabal and Wych cults