PDA

View Full Version : Slaan and Challenges

Hashulaman
17-11-2010, 01:09
If you make a Challenge to a Temple guard and all other characters have been killed save the Slaan, how does that work? He is not exempt from challenges since you no longer have to be in Bas to Base contact but he must be in the second rank. If he can accept a challenge but refuses can he move the rear of has to stay in the second rank.

Chris_
17-11-2010, 01:34
The way I see it he can refuse and stay where he is (as a character does not have to move to the rear rank, just one that is not in b2b with an enemy). But this means he would not confer his Ld to the unit.

T10
17-11-2010, 13:37
I seem to recall that the challenge must be met (by someone) if the character selected to be retired cannot be placed in a position where he cannot fight.

Assuming a front-on-front combat, the Slann will be in a "fighting position" if he remains in the second rank (or even third rank in case of a horde of temple guard...).

-T10

PaintByNumbers
17-11-2010, 14:10
I seem to recall that the challenge must be met (by someone) if the character selected to be retired cannot be placed in a position where he cannot fight.

Assuming a front-on-front combat, the Slann will be in a "fighting position" if he remains in the second rank (or even third rank in case of a horde of temple guard...).

-T10

The rules say place the model in a rank where its not in base contact with an enemy.

My question is, did they intentionally want to remove the challenge protection afforded to the Slann by a temple guard unit with the new challenge rules?

T10
17-11-2010, 14:17
I don't think they've specifically targeted Slann. Overall, it's easier for characters to get into combat with one another these days, with the new challenge rules and the Make Way rules.

-T10