PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt ESHIN Skaven

Time of Madness
17-11-2010, 17:01
Goal: To create a fun yet competitive Eshin list.

***NOTE*** The list has been edited.

CHARACTERS

Eshin Warlord (General)
- Fencer's Blades (Paired Weapons with WS10)
- Glittering Scales (-1 to hit)
- Talisman of Endurance (5+ dodge ward save)
- Potion of Speed (+3 I once per game)
= 185pts

Eshin Sorcerer
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
- Ruby Ring
= 150pts

Assassin
- Weeping Blade
- Potion of Strength
= 170pts

Assassin
- Rival Hide Talisman
- Tail Weapon
= 143pts

CORE

29 Night Runners (deployed 6X5)
***Warlord Here***
- Night Leader
- Slings
= 240pts

29 Night Runners (deployed 6X5)
***Engineer Here***
- Slings
= 232pts

30 Night Runners (Deployed 6X5)
- Warp Grinder
- Slings
= 284pts

40 Slaves
- Champ and Musician
- Slings
= 106pts

40 Slaves
- Champ and Musician
- Slings
= 106pts

SPECIAL

10 Gutter Runners
***Hidden Assassin***
- Deathrunner
- Poison Attacks
- Slings
= 192pts

10 Gutter Runners
***Hidden Assassin***
- Deathrunner
- Poison Attacks
- Slings
= 192pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2000pts

Models in List - 192

An interesting list here, but I'm not sure it is going to be very competitive in 8th edition.

The plan is to deploy the 2 larger night runner blocks side by side. Those will be the only 2 units I will be deploying. The gutter runners will scout and the 3rd unit of runners with the grinder will tunnel.

For the engineer I will be using the Mordheim eshin engineer model so I felt I should take him for the bit of extra magic protection he gives.

I really like the set up on the warlord and the first assassin. However the second assassin is not very fluffy. The Armour of Silvered Steel does give him a nice 2+ save followed by the 4+ ward. I've been debating changing up the second assassin for a more conventional/fluffy approach.

I've also thought about dropping the runners down to 30 strong and moving the gutter runners down a bit in size. This would allow me to pick up a 3rd unit of gutters. Not sure if this is the best route to go.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Time of Madness

Zaszz
17-11-2010, 20:06
I think your going to be trying to win in combat with some units that have sub par damage output and can't really take a punch. To win you will probably need to out deploy and move your opponent focusing on 1 flank while most or at least half of his army is too far away to help.

I hope your magic defense holds, and you dont get shelled into oblivion :P

At best i would say deploy your units centrally, then figure out which side he is weaker on, and make all your scouts / tunnelers etc pop up on that side. Then use your slink movement and fairly high march to move to that side with your deployed units.

If they are a smaller elite force tightly packed with strong magic or strong artillery your probably toast.

Kind of seems like a gambit, but it might win some games :P

I would definetly change the armor to another weapon, how about poison weapons from the scavenge pile, tail weapon, and two hand weapons for tons of poison attacks.

Time of Madness
17-11-2010, 20:15
Thanks for the comments.

I changed up the second assassin so he now has the set up you suggested.

I also reduced the size of my night and gutter runner units and used the points for some slaves. The slaves will be Eshin rats in training (thus the slings). They give me a couple of standards as well which helps out for the blood and glory scenario.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
19-11-2010, 00:44
Anyone like the list? Will it win some games?
Time of Madness

htmlord
23-11-2010, 00:50
None of your units can take standards, so if you draw the Fortitude mission you lose at the beginning of turn 1 (General for 2 and that's it). You may want to swap some units out for Clanrats or at least work a BSB in there to get your standard count up.