PDA

View Full Version : O&G First Try-Help Needed

Not a word to the elf.
17-11-2010, 20:35
Giving O&G a try and came up with this night golin list on the fly.

Night Goblin Warboss-55pts

Night goblin Big Boss-30pts

Night Goblin Shaman level two dipel scroll-110pts

36 Night Goblins fc 1 fanatic-273pts

40 Night Goblins fc 2 fanatics-310pts

1 spear chukka-35pts

1 spear chukka-35pts

10 squig hoppers-150pts

998pts

Warboss Beady Eyes glared at his followers. There eyes shined back at him through the darkness. His army might just be Goblins, and scardies at that but they could rule the world.

Hope I did no mess up to badly:angel:

Kauzu
17-11-2010, 21:00
Hoppers die rather easily. Maybe drop them for some trolls and some gear for the other 2 heros? Upping the warboss to a goblin will also give you better ld.

Depending on what you are playing a lobba might be more useful than the chukkas.

pluch87
18-11-2010, 06:03
You can fit a lot more in this list!!!!! Check your points total in your core...

-40 Night Goblins with full command and 2 fanatics only costs 190, not 310.
-36 Night Goblins with full command and 1 fanatic only costs 153, not 273.

There's an extra 240 points you can play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the above, drop the squig hoppers for the reason mentioned. So that would give you 390 points to add to your list above! Here are some suggestions.

-Re-write your core and run two units of 40 Night goblins, arm them with spears, and throw some fanatics in.
-You also need a heavy hitter unit. I'd suggest 3 Trolls perhaps?!
-Make your Big Boss a battle standard bearer... the re-roll REALLY comes in handy with Goblins, trust me!
-See if you can fit a Rock Lobba in the list for some more range.

Hope this helps!

Not a word to the elf.
18-11-2010, 18:21
Yep it helps. I did get confused with goblins thought them to be 6 pts Post a new list soon

Kauzu
18-11-2010, 21:52
I didn't even check the points, I thought they looked high though. Adding nets to the units will be a big help especially for your characters.

I'm not sold on spears, but that is mostly because my ng don't seem to hit anything anyway. Using a couple of bosses with great weapons in the front rank can really pump your hits up though.

You might also consider dropping the dispel scroll for a staff of sneaky stealin. It doesn't have the same ability to shut down a single spell, but it is pretty much a 2 die swing every magic phase. If your opponent doesn't have a way to generate more dice it can be really potent.

friendsofrhomb
19-11-2010, 05:44
get rid of the hoppers, they suck in 8th, due to not attacking first on the charge.
Put a squig herd in instead maybe? They add some heavy hitting power, that goblin usually lack, plus they are great looking models