PDA

View Full Version : Crusade of Nuln 3K

phoenixcrh
18-11-2010, 06:59
Edited until further notice.

Torpedo Vegas
18-11-2010, 15:44
I don't have my book with me but I am fairly certain that the Ring of Volans gives you a random spell, you cannot choose. also, Great Weapons on Knights aren't that great, they will always strike last, and they only get the +2 Armor save, which will probably go down to a 3+ against several diffrent units, give them Lances. They will get a +1save and still have a +2 on charges.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
18-11-2010, 16:05
Nuln is hardly known for its wizards or devout warrior priests. Its very much a renaissance city ruled by men of learning and depraved nobles. So you should cut down on sigmarites and consider whether your wizard lord wouldn't rather be in Altdorf, where all the cool wizards hang :)

And where are all the fancy artillery that the city of guns produce? Rocket batteries and volley guns, or even that fancy little tank? :)

Fox Of 9
18-11-2010, 20:55
Nuln is hardly known for its wizards or devout warrior priests. Its very much a renaissance city ruled by men of learning and depraved nobles. So you should cut down on sigmarites and consider whether your wizard lord wouldn't rather be in Altdorf, where all the cool wizards hang :)

And where are all the fancy artillery that the city of guns produce? Rocket batteries and volley guns, or even that fancy little tank? :)

to true in fluff terms

phoenixcrh
19-11-2010, 01:29
I have edited the list slightly.

I agree with your comments about the corrupt nobles and free thinking but it also has the second largest sigmarite presence in the empire as well as an arch lector. Militarily its has a link to nuln and a common empire theme. I kind of wanted my army in the timeline of just after the great war against chaos with magnus the pious being a strong influence. The wizard is only ever going to use light magic which I would hope ties in with sigmar and the war altar.

I didnt realise about the ring of volans so ive changed it for some fire usage :D

Thanks for the replies :)

Killingspree
19-11-2010, 22:33
The list is good but it feels way more like a Sigmarite Force than A Grand Army of Nuln. Honestly, when I clicked this thread I was hoping to get a chuckle by seeing a million warmachines but you have 4. At the 3k points that doesn't really represent the "Grand Battery of Nuln" at all. The army is also led by an arch lector? Don't you think some puissant noble on his valiant steed would lead this force?

It just seems like every other 3k empire army I see. New shiny paint job and that's about it.

Even if it seems 'cheesy' why not get a ridiculous amount of cannons in there. A hellblaster, rockets, stank, anything that makes a boom and kills things! And personally I don't really think an army like that is cheesy at all. (Albeit the list you have right now is hard as nails though)

K/S

DivineVisitor
19-11-2010, 23:21
Isn't the 'Luckstone' an Arcane item and therefore uneligible for use on an Arch Lector?

Classical Mushroom
19-11-2010, 23:43
Isn't the 'Luckstone' an Arcane item and therefore uneligible for use on an Arch Lector?

Indeed it is however the arch Lector is equipped with the Luckstone from the rule book. It's a tailsman which allows you to re-roll a single failed armour save.:cool:

SilasOfTheLambs
19-11-2010, 23:53
I think you should ditch the knights. They need to go get the bad guys, and the rest of your army needs the bad guys to come to them. Also, knights are still t3 guys, albeit in a tin can. They don't have the kind of survivability this metagame likes. I'd drop them to 5 (to deal with warmachine harassers and so on) and then cram in a 30-pack of swordsmen to tarpit things and generally cause havoc.

DivineVisitor
20-11-2010, 00:08
Indeed it is however the arch Lector is equipped with the Luckstone from the rule book. It's a tailsman which allows you to re-roll a single failed armour save.:cool:

Ah yes i think i remember seeing that in the rulebook at some point damned Games Workshop they couldn't have called it something else :p

Torpedo Vegas
20-11-2010, 03:46
Ah yes i think i remember seeing that in the rulebook at some point damned Games Workshop they couldn't have called it something else :p
I faintly recall something exactly like this popping up a few days ago on another empire list thread.

Fox Of 9
20-11-2010, 17:25
nuln list shoul equal 3 cannons, mortars, helstorms & hellblasters. all other points filled with mass ranks of state troops one ubergeneral 2 underling generals 1 bsb 3 captains and about 4 engineers. :D