PDA

View Full Version : Book of Secrets

Deacon Bane
18-11-2010, 15:13
Did a quick search and couldn't find this. Sorry if i didn't look hard enough. The FAQ says treat the character as a Lv1 wizard that knows a spell from the lores listed. Now if my character also has a Mark, does he get a spell from that also, as the WOC book states that sorcerers with a Mark generate spells from the Lore appropriate to that Mark.

decker_cky
18-11-2010, 16:19
He still generates from the basic lore you took, meaning with tzeentch you can get a shadow spell (not available to normal hero wizards) and cast at +2. I recommend miasma.

Jericho
18-11-2010, 21:23
The FAQ document clearly states that the character with the Book loses any other spells/levels that he would have had innately. He would only know the spell from Shadow/Fire/Death, and not have one from his mark's Lore.

He can however take a Spell Familiar to roll a second spell the BoS Lore, and if you're putting this combo on a Sorceror (and willingly sacrificing his innate spellcasting ability in order to get "Sorceror only" gifts) then you can take Third Eye to steal spells from enemy wizards as well.

Terrain effects like the Wizard's Tower and Nehekarian Sphynx logically would be able to grant some bonus spells as well, as he's still a Wizard.

There, I think I covered all my bases :p

Deacon Bane
25-11-2010, 18:24
So is a Chaos Lord, with BOS, treated as a Lv1 wizard for stat line as well? Or a Chaos Lord that knows a spell? The way it is written seems unclear.

theunwantedbeing
25-11-2010, 18:41
He is a level 1 mage, who knows one spell from those lores listed in the books description.

As he is a mage he can be affected by mage items, and is free to buy arcane or mage-only items. So the spell familier will grant him an additional spell, this additional spell will be from same lore as the one he already knows.

If he is marked of tzeentch for example, he still get's +1 to cast but doesn't know the lore of tzeentch.

Lord_Elric
25-11-2010, 20:19
(and willingly sacrificing his innate spellcasting ability in order to get "Sorceror only" gifts) There, I think I covered all my bases :p

are you sure this is right sacrificing his innate wizard level in order to take sorcerer only gifts??? could he not already take said gifts being a sorcerer and all

Deacon Bane
25-11-2010, 22:23
But, does his statline stay as a Chaos Lord or Lv1 wizard?

Lord_Elric
25-11-2010, 22:52

????

its stays as a chaos lord......

not sure why you have to ask as the BRB uses the term wizard as a general term for any magic user and only the empire uses the term wizard for their models...

though it would be funny for a chaos lord to put a hat on and suddenly find hes shrunk can't swing his sword right, and moves like an OAP :):)

EDIT Sorry i got a little mixed up with this and the wizarding hat thread...still the same tho it doesnt make him a sorcerer it gives him a magic lvl of 1 and the abiltity to take arcane items

Deacon Bane
25-11-2010, 23:44
That's what I thought made sense. Thanks for the confirmation.:)

Eta
26-11-2010, 05:46

There isn't a general statline for a lvl1 wizard, how could the Chaos Lord get one then? :)

Deacon Bane
26-11-2010, 11:56
:D That's what I was thinking. But there are some lawyers that may want my Big Chaos Lord to have lesser stats, because of the way they read the ruling. Just wanted another opinion.

decker_cky
26-11-2010, 17:48
I say we give the chaos lord the stats of an empire battle wizard. ;)

jthdotcom
27-11-2010, 22:12
:D That's what I was thinking. But there are some lawyers that may want my Big Chaos Lord to have lesser stats, because of the way they read the ruling. Just wanted another opinion.
You've still paid for your chaos lord, he stays a chaos lord, just a chaos lord that can cast a spell instead having a massive magic weapon

Lord_Elric
27-11-2010, 22:26
You've still paid for your chaos lord, he stays a chaos lord, just a chaos lord that can cast a spell instead having a massive magic weapon

"instead of" ?????