PDA

View Full Version : Nid Hunting Guard

Inquisitor Konig
14-03-2006, 09:32
This is a long Ordo Xenos army in the works. These are just a few of the first models I have painted. The Inquisitor is obviously radical and likes his xenos artifacts! :)
Let me know what you think. I hope to paint and post more soon.

AventineCrusader
14-03-2006, 10:16
Nice looking guard you have there, the =I= is lookin sweet, get him painted. They looked even better under my ordanance template...;) :D

Crusader

Dawn of the Dogs
14-03-2006, 10:21
Nice looking guard you have there, the =I= is lookin sweet, get him painted. They looked even better under my ordanance template...;) :D

Crusader

play nice now :p

very nice to look at i must say, like what youve done with the =][=

firestorm40k
14-03-2006, 14:06
Like the Inquisitor! You haven't read Xenology by any chance, have you? ;)

The guard are nicely painted - you wouldn't happen to like Kubrick films now, would you? :D

ArtificerArmour
14-03-2006, 17:36
to risk retribution from a tarted up irish man - I'm loving it.

Like the mortar loader, pulling the mask back...like it!

The ]I[ has to be radical - with a necron staff and shruiken pistol - gonna use the green stick thing (tm) as well?

KayvaanShrike
14-03-2006, 18:08
Wow, those are cool, I like the colour scheme, and the damaged armour, maybe you could paint metal chips in the gouges in the armour, to show that its scratched the paint away??

And what sort of bases are you goin to do for them?

Inquisitor Konig
14-03-2006, 21:48
Unfortunetly I have not read xeno-ology (or whatever it's called) yet, it is kind of pricy however it is number one of my wish list. If anyone has read it please tell me if it is worth the investment. The =][= is very radical, well if you call openly trading with eldar pirates for technology to better help him kill nids "radical" then yes... heh heh. Anyway, I havn't quite profected the armor damnage yet. I got quite a bit of practice modeling it from my Death Guard army but I'm just now getting back into the swing of painting after a two year coversion with green stuff frenzy. I'm thinking black ink and dark angel's green would give the effect of damnage, but I really should experiment with bolt gun as KayvaanShrike noted. The bases will probebly be dessolet (dark grey rocks) with a little bit of static grass to reprosent the fact that they are fighting nids on planets that have already been ravaged by an infestasion so most of the vegitasion has already been devouered.
Please keep the posts coming and I hope to supplement you guys with more battle weary guard.
oh, and before i forget "mr. crusader" just waite... :skull:

AventineCrusader
28-03-2006, 11:04
I thought I would post some pics Konig left on my computer, as I don't know when he'll post again...

The first few are just some guardsmen, a little more Kubrik refs...

A couple WIP medics...
Some converted hardened vets..

A little breath of life...

Crusader:D

Yorkiebar
28-03-2006, 11:20
Awesome models there, especially the hardened veterans.

ArtificerArmour
28-03-2006, 12:06
lol@raid on the guards helmet. :D

Ray K.
28-03-2006, 12:28
lol@raid on the guards helmet. :D

Seconded. Great looking guard :)

cerealkiller195
28-03-2006, 12:45
great stuff dunno if its just me but once i saw them in my mind for just a second i didn't even consider them cadians.

Inquisitor Konig
03-04-2006, 06:45
i hope you arent the only one with that opinion. between the re-breathers and the nid-trophies my goal is for the guard to look as different as posible with my limited resorces. not to mention i dont take any cadian doctrins. they are essentialy just cadians in the plastic. i just wish there was more to be done with puty on these models...
does anyone have any comments about the fatigues? i feel they just aren't bold enough, as in, their highlights hardly stand out.

Inquisitor Konig
03-04-2006, 07:10
2000pts
Doctrines: xenos-nids, chem.-inhalers, close order drill, veterans, and storm troopers

HQ
Death Watch Kill Team
(Librarian; force sword, bolter, furry of the ancients, familiar)
(Marines*5; vet. power fist and bolter, heavy bolter, flamer, and 2 with bolters and CCW)

COMMAND HQ
Command Squad
(power fist, carapace armor, bionic arm, standard bearer, and medic)
Anti-Tank Squad
(las-cannons*2 and missile launcher)

ELITES
Hardened Veterans
(vet. power sword, plasma pistol, carapace armor, mela guns*2, flamer, and shotguns*6)

Hardened Veterans
(vet. storm bolter, plasma guns*2, grenade launcher, missile launcher, and autoguns*5)

Storm Troopers
(deep strike vet. power weapon and bolter, plasma gun and grenade launcher)

TROOPS
Infantry Platoon
Command Squad
(power fist and melta gun)
Infantry Squad 1
(vet. missile launcher and plasma gun)
Infantry Squad 2
(vet. missile launcher and grenade launcher)

Infantry Platoon
Command Squad
(power weapon, heavy bolter)
Infantry Squad 1
(vet. bolter, auto cannon and grenade launcher)
Infantry Squad 2
(vet. heavy bolter and flamer)

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
(vet; plasma pistol and bolter, plasma gun, melta gun)
Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT
Demolisher Tank
(heavy flamer sponsons, las-cannon, ex armor, dozer blades)

Basilisk Tank
(indirect fire)

Griffon Tank

Cadian 21st
03-04-2006, 07:14
- I can't see anything...none of your pictures are showing up on my computer for some reason :'(

- The Inquisitor should definately take some wierd weapons. Rather then the Necron Staff someone was suggesting, why not generate a flail (Carnifex tail would work well) or some sort of scary-spikey weapon from the 'Nidsy parts.

<rant>

- Aren't the Shuriken Pistols and Catapults connected into the Eldar's arms? The models and diagrams portray them as having some kind of connecting cord similar to the Power Sword. On page 47, it talks about the Eldar Power Sword using a "genetic detector in the grip prevents use when captured".

--Before any of you suggest that the Inquisitor could possibly have "learned the language", the "Report" on page 48 explains how difficult it is as "many of its references draw directly upon the Eldar psyche, mythical peoples and places, and long-lost times and events. For example, rhiantha means, at the fundemental level, "starlight". However, a full translation would read more like "the starlight which shines upon the waters of Rhidhol during the winter." How could you understand much of the Eldar language without prior knowledge or psychic abiliites?

--Can you possibly imagine an Inquisitor befriending the Eldar enough for them to give the Inquisitor access to a "Sting of the wasp"? Not to mention that they are a Xenos and it would be terribly frowned upon.

--No, all the weapons should be either Imperial, or roughly constructed from the Tyranid's natural weapons. Anything else is either too heretical (Chaos, Orks), impossible to use (Necrons, Eldar), impossible to gain privlages to (Tau, Eldar), or simply too alien and thus too heretical to the Imperium's fanatics.

<rant>

(edit: - How many points is this army? Oh, and you're lacking in AT weaponry IMO)

Inquisitor Konig
03-04-2006, 07:24
so there you have it. sorry it took so long but that is my 2000pt army list. ive played with it for a while now and as you could imagion my biggest problems are termis and well tanks with armor. i pride myself on lack of las-cannons but im seeing a tactical disadvantage in doing so... im still not quite ready to give in...
Aventine Crusader will note that i took the inquisitor out of the list to free up the elite slot to upgrade my storm troopers to have deep strike. although this deals a great blow to the idea of it being an ordo:xenos army i felt that an inquisitor as radical as mine probebly wouldn't be tolerated by the deathwatch who are also present. a single inquisitor without a retinue is not only a waste of points but also a waste of an elite's slot.

Inquisitor Konig
03-04-2006, 11:07
<rant>
- Aren't the Shuriken Pistols and Catapults connected into the Eldar's arms? it talks about the Eldar Power Sword using a "genetic detector in the grip prevents use when captured".

--Can you possibly imagine an Inquisitor befriending the Eldar enough for them to give the Inquisitor access to a "Sting of the wasp"? Not to mention that they are a Xenos and it would be terribly frowned upon.

--all the weapons should be either Imperial, or roughly constructed from the Tyranid's natural weapons. Anything else is too heretical to the Imperium's fanatics.
<rant>

point 1) sometimes they are connected and sometimes they are not. point in case; warlocks, banshees, and rangers all have weapons detached from their arms. not to mention it would be somewhat impractical for the eldar to forge their weapons in the craftworld with the future owner standing right there so that the weapon could be attached to their armor forever... i mean, those guardians have to write songs and paint pictures when they arent being pressed into service. as for the genetic grip... im not saying that my inquisitor stole his weapons (in which case the genetic grip would cause problems), rather, they might have been gifts for whatever reason, maybe not even from an eldar directly. dont forget the presence of rogue traders in the universe...

point 2) personally i think it is entirely possible for an inquisitor to befriend an eldar. especially with the back ground written by gavin thorpe about including eldar in games of inquisitor. one reasonable explanation would be an eldar repaying a debt, or an eldar with some farseer ability playing the "influencing the future card". either way inquisitors and eldar pirates, exodites, rangers, or even those directly connected to craftworlds will inevitably cross paths, especially when they have, at least momentarily, common objectives in the universe.

point 3) i have my inquisitor currently modeled, and as you said you cannot see my pictures, with a Shuriken Pistol in one hand and an a necron arm holding an alien staff and blade in the other (off the necron lord model). these are, above all, to show his position as a radical inquisitor. just as a radical order: malius inquisitor would sport a daemon weapon, my order: xenos inquisitor utilized alien tech. against other aliens. as far as this being frowned upon, you be it is. to justify this my inquisitor generally takes the fight to the great devourer its self and operates at the very far edge of the eastern fringe, and sometimes even further than that.

lastly you make reference to the eldar language from the eldar codex. however all the information on the matter is in the form of an inquisitorial report, obtained by a human. obviously the alaitoc did not let in on all their secrets but did let this human into their craftworld which, to me at least, opens the door, to some stretch of the imagination, for human-eldar relations.

p.s. what does "lacking in AT weaponry IMO" mean? im new to the posting lingo oh, and sorry for my equaly long defensive rant... please keep it up. questioning my motives helps shape the fluff of my army!
:D !!!

Cadian 21st
03-04-2006, 11:36
- Lacking in Anti-Tank weaponry, in my opinion. I'm nowhere near up on the posting lingo, lol.

- Yes, yes, there are many different ways in which the Inquisitor could have obtained the Pistol and the Necron Staff, but I wont be totting any on mine.

- Interjections about your rant against my rant:

-- The "genetic grip" could indeed code itself when given to the user, in which case it is possible for the Inquisitor to have one. Otherwise, the Pistol could be handcrafted by the Eldar in question (I believe the DA's handcraft their own Bolters, but then again, they're creepy).

--The Inquisitor's report was a culmination of 162 predecesors over a "very long time".

(I think I'll conceed the disagreement to you - there's not enough evidence to support or deny either case because of so many prior faults in the background).

- Anyways, can you explain why there's a Demolisher, Basilisk and Griffon? I don't quite understand how the three could, historically or practically, work well together.

- How many points is this army, btw?????

(Apparantly I don't have cookies enabled - how can I enable them?)

Inquisitor Konig
03-04-2006, 11:57
Im going to start at the bottom and work my way upwards.
The army is approximately 2000pts.
As for the three tanks im glad you commented on that. I can give no justification for it besides the fact that they work well together, they aren’t over powered, and it is kind of what I own.
Some time ago I acquired a chimera hull (i.e. tracks and base with no top) which meant I could do only a couple of things with it. The most obvious was to buy an ordinance cannon to put on it from the bitz range. This could take the form of either an earth shaker cannon or a griffon mortar (cost about the same). The other option I saw fit (also far more difficult) would be to scratch build a turret and top to create a hellhound.
None of these options however (besides to some extent the basilisk) would really help out my army as it lakes armor piercing ability.
To fix the “AT” weaponry problem I could put plasma cannons on the demolisher tank and drop the griffon and basilisk for another lemon russ, most likely with heavy flamers. However I am reluctant to do this as I feel it will make my army, at least, appear to be over powered. This is a problem I have been wrestling with ever since I started on the IG army about two years ago. With this army im trying to get as far away from the, “all las cannon, three lemon russ, bitch of an army that we all love to hate” as possible.
Suggestions?

AventineCrusader
03-04-2006, 12:17
You should make it a hellhound like this. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=557760&postcount=52)
I don't think you really have a problem with AT, right now I only spot 1 or 2 units which can't hurt a vehicle, thats pretty good. I think you should add the Basi or the Griffon, not both, maybe another infantry squad instead of the griffon? But maybe thats just due to the fact I think it'll rip my army to pieces now. Also why isn't the melta on the deep striking storm troopers?

Inquisitor Konig
03-04-2006, 15:41
i wouldnt mind taking the demolisher, basilisk and the hellhound all together besides the fact that they couldnt really support eachother in the same way as a basilisk and griffon could. not to mention i think the demolisher and a leamon russ together not only would be cheaper but also far more efficent. money also comes into play here. since i can have a griffon so cheaply (just over $10) it seems like a poor finacial choice not to take it. however i would still need to buy another tank on top of it. the underline issue is that i need either a basilisk or another leamon russ tank (to deal with armor), with the addition of something else, be it either a griffon or a hellhound to support it.

Cadian 21st
03-04-2006, 18:49
- I just brought up the AT problem because, at 2k points, you're liable to see things like Deep Striking Terminators, 3 Wraithlords, Monoliths, AC's with 15+ tanks, Godzilla-'Nid armies, and so forth. There's this facination with "big things" at higher point games, so I just brought up the AT as you *may* run into difficulties. Not necessarily, but it's possible.

- I've never used a Griffon, so I have no advice on it. The Demolisher is quite fun - an effective tank hunter with the "bracketed" setup (Plas-Las). If you're looking to use it on Troops, you may as well take an Exterminator. Basilisks are fun and opponents fail to realise the effectiveness of Direct Shots.

- I'm done for now - gotta go catch a nap.

cthorpe
04-04-2006, 22:29
Hi there,

This modelling project is looking great, love the troopers.. I can see the nids shaking in fear..

I love some of the effects you have managed to model onto the figures,.. as a previous poster has said.. the first impression you get is not that of converted cadians.. but something totally different.. a difficult thing to do when you have limited resources.. so well done..

best wishes,

Carl

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 21:20
Thank you guys very much for all your input. I am not very indecisive when it comes to making army lists and I have taken into account all of your suggestions. My updated list is pretty much just a redo of the tanks involved. Due to the size of the list, I think it is imperative to go the extra mile and take two leman russ tanks. The idea of a possible 5 Giant Hive Creatures is too horrible a prospect for me not to take two thick tanks with a smaller one as support. Iíve never played with such armor before (besides my eldar army, but those donít have the same "stand still and intimidate" factor as the tanks of the emperor) so I think it will be interesting. Again, please keep the comments coming. I wish I could post more pictures but the best camera I can get my hands on is, well, a piece of crap.

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 21:23
2000pt XENO:Nids Inquisitorial Imperial Guard Army: Konigs Krone
Doctrines: xenos-nids, chem.-inhalers, close order drill, and storm troopers

HQ
Death Watch Kill Team
(Librarian; force sword, bolter, furry of the ancients, familiar)
(Marines*5; vet. power fist and bolter, heavy bolter, flamer, and 2 with bolters and CCW)

Command HQ
Command Squad
(power fist, carapace armor, bionic arm, standard bearer, and medic)
Anti-Tank Squad
(las-cannons*2 and missile launcher)

Elites
Hardened Veterans
(vet. plasma pistol, power weapon, carapace armor, aspex, plasma guns*2, grenade launcher, missile launcher, and shotguns*5)

Storm Troopers
(deep strike vet; power weapon and bolter, plasma gun and grenade launcher)

Storm Troopers
(deep strike vet; plasma pistol and bolter, plasma gun, melta gun)

Troops
Infantry Platoon
Command Squad tolerated
Infantry Squad 1
Infantry Squad 2

Infantry Platoon
Command Squad
Infantry Squad 1
Infantry Squad 2

Fast Attack
Hellhound Tank
(track guards, dozer blades, extra armor)

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Demolisher Tank
(sponsons-plasma cannon, hull-las cannon, ex armor)

Leman Russ Battle Tank
(sponsons- heavy flamer, hull-heavy bolter, ex armor, dozer blades)

emperorattack
06-04-2006, 21:48
I see with the figures paint jobs on the helmets you have been watching Full Metal Jacket

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 21:52
possibly... however that one got decapatated by a jack ass friend of mine and now i cannot find the helmet... oh well.

AventineCrusader
06-04-2006, 21:53
I like the new list much better than the last one, although its still a much scarier prospect than your older lists. Could we perhaps see an alternate list with the Deathwatch replaced by an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord and some Kroot mercs, a Radical list if you will?

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 22:16
I like the new list much better than the last one, although its still a much scarier prospect than your older lists. Could we perhaps see an alternate list with the Deathwatch replaced by an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord and some Kroot mercs, a Radical list if you will?

no, it is currently illegal to take both krut mercs and and inquisitor. not to mention i am starting to loose respect for the inquisitor as i never seem to get his points back in a game. however, i think i might beable to pull out a smaller, more inquisitor based list rather than an imperial guard one...

AventineCrusader
06-04-2006, 22:21
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But I guess with your Storm Troopers as troops you can make a pure Inquisitorial list, then you could have the Kroot, maybe even multiple units...

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 22:31
you dont understand. there cannot be inquisitors and kroot in the same list, that is the illegal part, but just for you i made a 1750pt list that sucks...
enjoy

HQ
Death Watch Kill Team
(Librarian; force sword, bolter with special ammo, furry of the ancients, familiar)
(Marines*6; vet. power fist and bolter, vet. lightning claw and bolter, heavy bolter*2, and 2 with bolters with special ammo and CCW)

Inquisitor with Retinue
(Inquisitor Lord; power armor, power weapon, pistol, bionic arm)
(servitor; power fist, servitor; multi-melta, acolyte*2; bolt pistol, familure, mystic)

Elites
Hardened Veterans
(vet. plasma pistol, power weapon, carapace armor, aspex, honorifica imperialis, plasma guns*2, grenade launcher, missile launcher, and shotguns*5)

Vindicare Assassin

Troops
Storm Troopers
(vet; power weapon and bolter, plasma gun and grenade launcher)

Storm Troopers
(vet; plasma pistol and bolter, flamer, melta gun)
Rhino; ex armor and smoke

Infantry Platoon
Command Squad tolerated
Infantry Squad 1
Infantry Squad 2

Infantry Platoon
Command Squad
Infantry Squad 1
Infantry Squad 2

Fast Attack
Hellhound Tank
(track guards, dozer blades, extra armor)

AventineCrusader
07-04-2006, 01:01
I thought they were only precluded from being together because you cannot take allies from multiple sources. So in a pure Inquisitorial force, the inquisitor is not an ally, so you could take Kroot, but then no allied guard. Oh my, this is confusing....

Inquisitor Konig
09-04-2006, 00:05
hmmm... you maybe right. Most likely because you were the one that showed me the article in the first place. However that army might suck with no guard and only Kroot.

AventineCrusader
09-04-2006, 16:44
I want pictures!

Inquisitor Konig
09-04-2006, 21:09
oh shut up. i can give you blury, or really far away pictures if you want...

AventineCrusader
10-04-2006, 02:43
The camera you can get doesn't have a macro function? In case you don't know, its usually a little flower icon... oh well, I'll see more eventually...

Inquisitor Konig
10-04-2006, 03:39
its funny that you said that because someone else asked me the same question today. the camera is german and all hole menu is in german too but i might be able to figure it out...not at that i have really painted all that much but ive done a couple of important models.

Inquisitor Konig
20-04-2006, 09:05
just a shot of a dude.
IMG_0256.JPG (252.1 KB)

Inquisitor Konig
20-04-2006, 09:23
here are a few new pictures for you guys. sorry it has taken so long but cameras are hard to come by these days...
1)back of a guardsman with nid-bone sword.
2) and 3) vet. sargents in my xenos:nid hunting guard units. i havnt quite decided on how to paint the dead nids on my models yet, ideas very welcome (im thinking someting red because it would go well with the green and brown). the skull helmets are going to remain bone except for the ones on the hardened vets...fresh kills.

AventineCrusader
21-04-2006, 05:48
Looking good, I think red skin with black or bone coloured carapace would look good on the Nids. Cool you got some pics done.

Crusader

Inquisitor Konig
20-05-2006, 12:25
A couple pics of the armoured group, more pics soon...

firestorm40k
20-05-2006, 13:33
I love the detail of adding 'Nid trophies to the Tanks - that is such a cool idea! :D

Cadian 21st
20-05-2006, 18:00
- That is quite a bang-up job on the 'Nid trophies - too bad you beat me too it, lol! I really like the Hardened Veterans as well! Just a critique, but your Demolisher turret looks crooked...

- Are you making those chains (if so, what guage wire?), or buying them?

AventineCrusader
20-05-2006, 20:49
Its not my stuff but I know the answer to the ?'s. The Demolisher turret *is* crooked, it got a little warped in the sun and needs some filing to fit properly again. The chains are found, not made or bought...

Crusader

Inquisitor Konig
21-05-2006, 08:58
as crusader said, there was a little sun-ray-warp action on the demolisher but that has been fixed. i just ordered the last of the bitz for my army tonight so once those come in and i get the camera workin ill post some pics of my custom hellhound.

mongoosedog300
21-05-2006, 09:06
love the 'nid hat on the sarge(?) in the 1st lot of pictures:D

Inquisitor Konig
22-05-2006, 16:50
Thanks Goosedog. The models with 'nid skulls for helmets are the vets in the army. The couple I have painted are veteran sargents in the infantry squads while the others are from my hardened veterans squad.

Inquisitor Konig
15-11-2006, 22:15
An over due update on my army.
Here are a few more Nid Hunters of interest...

Inquisitor Konig
15-11-2006, 22:35
A couple of pictures of my Junior Officers... notice the gas masks.

Inquisitor Konig
15-11-2006, 22:51
Here are a couple pictures of some command squad members with gasmasks.

Inquisitor Konig
15-11-2006, 23:00
And a couple more...

konrad
16-11-2006, 13:43
looking good man. Love the gas masks

moredakkadakka
16-11-2006, 17:49
is that guard selfharming lol . relly nice army ill look foward to seeing more

AventineCrusader
17-11-2006, 14:19
I really like the sculpting done on the Last Chancers. I cannot wait to kill them:skull: :evilgrin: :chrome: ...

Crusader

Inquisitor Konig
18-11-2006, 23:56
Here is a pic of some of the battle damage in my demolisher tank...
for some reason there is something wrong with my pictures so this is the only one that would down load...

AventineCrusader
19-11-2006, 02:16
Oh ,so you decided to do it in the green? Very nice. You might have to resize the other pictures, if you have a way to do so...

Crusader

Inquisitor Konig
14-02-2007, 02:56
Here is the first of 15 command squad members. The model is "Hero" from the "Shaeffer's Last Chancers" box with an added gas mask to tie him in with the rest of my army.

Dark Apostle197
14-02-2007, 03:43
Nice work. And was that a bipod on a flamer? because if so, that is awsome!

Inquisitor Konig
14-02-2007, 04:05
Nice work. And was that a bipod on a flamer? because if so, that is awsome!

Thanks for your comment. I'm not exactly sure which flamer you are talking about but I doubt it is a bipod... The flamer on the infantry man has a Nid sything talon attached for close quarter fighting. The flamer on the tank has a genestealer claw in front of it left over from the unfortunet victim as it was torched. :)

AventineCrusader
14-02-2007, 10:26
Very nice, I like how he turned out. I think some of the highlights on the black may need to be little thinner. I really like the colour choices, especially the yellow rope. Cannot wait to see a finished command squad.:D

Crusader

jasevx
14-02-2007, 12:18
great conversions!

Cadian 21st
14-02-2007, 17:19
Heyo!

- It's been a while since I've seen an update here! (I've just recently started trawling the forums again). I like the recent conversions, though I'll have to agree with Aventine that the grey highlights are a little too thick. I liked the bayonets before, but why does that Grenade Launcher have one strapped to it? It would be awfully difficult to manhandle that beast and slash through a 'Nid's touch chitin. Haha, I suddenly have an urge to make a knife out of a Ripper's claw :D

- The Xeno fighters are such inspiring pieces!

Inquisitor Konig
19-02-2007, 22:27
Thanks a lot guys and as promised I have a couple more command squad members to post...

Very nice, I like how he turned out. I think some of the highlights on the black may need to be little thinner. I really like the colour choices, especially the yellow rope. Cannot wait to see a finished command squad.:D
Crusader

I agree about the highlight on the back so I decided to thin it out a...lot as you can see in the new picture. Since you said you liked the yellow on 'Hero' I decided to carry it over to the next model I painted as you can see below.

Heyo!
-I like the recent conversions, though I'll have to agree with Aventine that the grey highlights are a little too thick. I liked the bayonets before, but why does that Grenade Launcher have one strapped to it? It would be awfully difficult to manhandle that beast and slash throguh a 'Nid's touch chitin. Haha, I suddenly have an urge to make a knife out of a Ripper's claw :D

Thanks a lot. These models are very slow going. I hadn't posted in a while because I was hung up on infantry... so I just decided to wait to post again when I had somthing new. The tallon under the grenade launcher is just supposed to look mean... like he might finnish off the Xeno beast by cutting its head off after shooting a krak grenade into its chest... somthing like that.

- Here's my scratch-built Hellhound (mostly done, still IP) based on your theme. Coaxial Storm Bolters in the Carnifex's eyes :chrome: .
- The Xeno fighters are such inspiring pieces!

I really like your hellhound! It made me laugh when I saw its 'bug-eyes'! I scratch built my own Hellhound once but then converted it into a Griffon... why I have no idea... but now I want to add a Hellhound back into my army... I just dont like the GW one... prehaps I'll have to look into Forge World?

Inquisitor Konig
19-02-2007, 22:34
Here is another model I painted... this one is "Brains" but I covered up his bald head with a hat to tie him in with the rest of the unit. Next on the agenda is "Ox". I puttied a gas mask on him an hour ago so if I'm not too drunk tonight I'll paint him up too!

18498!

Inquisitor Konig
20-02-2007, 23:18
Hello Again. I am on some sort of roll here because I have yet one more model to show yall today. This is 'Ox', he acts as the heavy gunner in one of my two platoon command squads. I dont think I did that great of a job on his gas mask but I was out of practice when I sculpted it yesterday.

I am also thinking about painting an =I= on that big blank spot on his gun... any thoughts?
Thanks a lot!

AventineCrusader
21-02-2007, 00:48
Nice work on Ox, I was concerned he wouldn't fit in with the rest of the unit but the paint scheme really goes a long way to unify what is really a quite disparate group of models. I really wish you could find some places for the yellow accents on the brains and Ox models, because I think it further unifies and also makes the unit stand out from the rank and file...

Keep it up!

Crusader

Inquisitor Konig
22-02-2007, 06:16
Here is a slight update. These are my two Junior Officers with some of their base colors. I'll probebly have them done sometime tomorrow before I begin the second Junior Officer's Command Squad.

AventineCrusader
22-02-2007, 10:19
Looking nice, have you figured out the colour-scheme for the Nid trophies yet?

Crusader

Mephistofeles
22-02-2007, 11:51
I must say that I love your ideas and your conversion work on this army, and that I look forward to seeing more painted.

At first I thought that the gas masks which consist of a tube inserted in the mough looked really odd, but the more I look at them I think that it fits with 40k like a glove to a hand, wonderful!

I also love that battle damage to the tank with the tyranid arm stuck to the hull, absolutely fantastic, love it!

Voronwe[MQ]
22-02-2007, 16:59
Very, very good army you've got there.

Voronwe

Inquisitor Konig
22-02-2007, 19:19
Looking nice, have you figured out the colour-scheme for the Nid trophies yet?

Crusader

Unfortunetly no... I'm now thinking about either a blue or a purple skin tone with the bone carapace. Im leaning more towards the purple because it wont be such a big leap from the red that makes its way onto a lot of my models.
Do you have any thoughts?

I must say that I love your ideas and your conversion work on this army, and that I look forward to seeing more painted.

At first I thought that the gas masks which consist of a tube inserted in the mough looked really odd, but the more I look at them I think that it fits with 40k like a glove to a hand, wonderful!

I also love that battle damage to the tank with the tyranid arm stuck to the hull, absolutely fantastic, love it!

Thank you very much! I got the idea for the "claw stuck in the tank" from something I read in one of the older Nid Codex's. It showed a genestealer jawbone recovered from a recked Land Raider. Crazy hu?

scrubout
22-02-2007, 19:38
You added a chain bayonet...good idea. I wish it was beefier though. Have you considered hacking up a plastic chainsword to try and get the same effect?

Purple seems like a good choice for the nid trophies to me.

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

Inquisitor Konig
22-02-2007, 19:52
You added a chain bayonet...good idea. I wish it was beefier though. Have you considered hacking up a plastic chainsword to try and get the same effect?

Purple seems like a good choice for the nid trophies to me.

-peace out

I dont know if this counts as cheating or not but the 'chain bayonet' is made out of an old plastic ELDAR chain sword. That is why it looks a little small.

Yeah, I'm thinkin purple too.
Thanks!

Leminy_Fresch
22-02-2007, 20:28
This is quite the Guard Regiment. I really like how much personalization you put into the army. Great conversion work and a great paint job. You can really see that this force loves to step on bugs.
Keep it up!

Inquisitor Konig
23-02-2007, 03:38
Here are my two Junior Officers painted and ready to "step on bugs" haha.

Here is a picture of the first Command Squad and Junior Officer. Even though they are kind of an assorted group of models the paint job brings them all together.

Next I am going to paint the 'power fist' Junior Officer's Command Squad.

AventineCrusader
24-02-2007, 08:14
Wow, I really like how that unit came together. I'm glad you got some tiny bits of yellow on Brains and Ox. Now get cracking on the next squad!

Crusader

Inquisitor Konig
25-02-2007, 08:05
Thanks a lot Cruader! Last week I painted like a madman trying to finish that unit and now I am a little burnt out and a lot behind in my school work. I'll see what I can do tomorrow about painting up some more models. I have five models I want to paint before I got home for Spring Break. I just hope I can keep up with it.:o

Inquisitor Konig
26-02-2007, 05:43
Not a painting update but a little putty action.
I modeled a hat onto 'Animal's' head tonight. He acts as my melta gun in my second Command Squad. I tried a couple of different ideas...

This first one is like a baseball cap modeled after 'Ox' in the other unit.

This second one, which is what I kept, is modeled affter the Officer hats and is what pretty much everyone else wears in both Command Squads.

Thoughts and Comments Always Welcome:D

Inquisitor Konig
01-03-2007, 00:38
Here is another semi-update.

This is my WIP 'Animal'. I just have a couple more highlights and tuch-ups before he will be done.

This one is a familiar that I made for my DeathWatch Librarian. It is supposed to look "high-tech" and Xenos influenced...

C&C welcome and encouraged.

Cadian 21st
01-03-2007, 00:59
- I like "Animal" - he's done really nicely. The highlights on his pants are a tad extreme, IMO.

- The familiar is cool, but the antenna is a little too large, IMO. Maybe cutting it at that thinner portion of the antenna.

scrubout
01-03-2007, 01:27
That reminds me of something I want to do for my deathwatch killteam when I eventually get around to it...a tau drone with bolters...mmm. An exercise in suitable background, but sounds fun.

Nice job with animal, a very interesting staff sergeant character, running around shirtless and such haha.

-peace out

Inquisitor Konig
02-03-2007, 01:07
- I like "Animal" - he's done really nicely. The highlights on his pants are a tad extreme, IMO.

Thanks a lot! You are right about the highlights. I tried to thin them out a bit. Part of the problem is that I am using Fortress Grey and not Codex Gray. It is just to bright of a color to highlight against the black.

That reminds me of something I want to do for my deathwatch killteam when I eventually get around to it...a tau drone with bolters...mmm. An exercise in suitable background, but sounds fun.

Nice job with animal, a very interesting staff sergeant character, running around shirtless and such haha.

-peace out

'Animal' is probebly not the most appropriate model to use in the Command Squad but he is he best model I have. I am trying to use as many of the 'Last Chancers' in my army as possible. (Gives me a good reason to paint them all. Infact Schaeffer is my Commander...:evilgrin:) I think the hat I gave him ties him into the unit a little better.

After I finish painting the first 1000pts of my army I will work on the Deathwatch Kill Team. They are mostly put together but for some reason the pictures I have of them will not upload...:wtf:

Finished 'Animal'

WIP Demolisher Tank Turret

C&C again very welcome!

Cadian 21st
02-03-2007, 01:27
Haha, why not use Schaeffer? He's a fairly cheap HQ choice.

Inquisitor Konig
02-03-2007, 03:37
Haha, why not use Schaeffer? He's a fairly cheap HQ choice.

haha, no. I just ment I was using the model, not the rules. Personaly I don't like the new rules for the Last Chancers. If anything I would use the old rules.

I modified him a little. Gave him a bionic arm and replaced his plasma pistol for a power fist. He goes pretty hard with 'Preferred Enemy'.

Inquisitor Konig
10-03-2007, 13:31
Up date time. Just a little work on the Demolisher Tank Turret. This is the first time I've had a chance to try out the purple skin on the 'Bug'. What do you guys think?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p6/ChrisCrusader/IMGP0585.jpg

Just a little more progress...
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p6/ChrisCrusader/IMGP0591.jpg

...and again.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p6/ChrisCrusader/IMGP0590.jpg

C&C always welcome.

jasevx
10-03-2007, 13:44
Looking great, this armies coming on leaps and bounds.

The Laughing God
10-03-2007, 13:45
The Demolisher looks really cool.
The whole army looks awesome!

dr.oetk3r
11-03-2007, 07:26
I love the 'fex head, it's oozing with character.

Norsehawk
11-03-2007, 08:11
One thing of note about the inquisitor having an eldar weapon, its not entirely unheard of, as harlequins could have given it to him. The rare Inquisitor does get access to the black library at times. so its not that radical of an idea, I really love the work you have done on the models, very different looking than the standard. I found a great fig that I am going to be using in my IG forces for an imperial commander from the necromunda line, geez, I found him easy as heck when I ordered him but when I went back to find him for this post, it was almost impossible, http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947059914101&orignav=9 you could swap the head he is holding for a nid head and it would look great.

Inquisitor Konig
14-03-2007, 19:33
Just a quick update guys. Have not had a chance to do any painting but I did manage to buy another tank... not really the right order of things but oh well. the game store had just opened for the first time this weekend and didnt have any Hellhounds so I got a Chimera and made my own. Still WIP but what do ya think?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0610.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0609.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
23-03-2007, 04:16
Painted up an objective tonight. Destroy the spore chimney!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0619.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0620.jpg

scrubout
23-03-2007, 04:34
Cool and fitting objective. That hellhound looks the business too, so far. Any more progress on the little beasty?

-peace out

Inquisitor Konig
28-03-2007, 19:12
New Update...Not a very good one...:eyebrows:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0638.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0636.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0629.jpg

More tonight...

Inquisitor Konig
21-04-2007, 21:26
A good hero has to have a Nemisis...
here are a few shots of a Genestealer that my Deathwatch will be looking out for.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0659.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0660.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMGP0663.jpg

AventineCrusader
22-04-2007, 00:02
Nice. Very slimy looking. What conversions have you done on it? I can tell something was done, but I don't know what...

Inquisitor Konig
22-04-2007, 08:21
well... I lost one of the sets of arms to the model so I gave it some new ones.

The left set is the standard one but I repositioned them to be closer together. The other set is a Warrior Rending Claw and a Sything Talon from a Guant.

Simple but different.

Inquisitor Konig
18-05-2007, 00:30
Slow Slow Slow... but 'ere we go!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0683.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0698.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0696.jpg

I swear the Demolisher Tank will be finished soon and I have to take pics of my Hellhound. It isnt painted but it is done converted.

schoolcormorant
18-05-2007, 00:37
ooooh yes, i like the hellhound for the simple reason that the turret cupola is a good few feet away from the gun, the least you would expect when commanding an INFERNO CANNON!!!!! so it's a cool conversion *thumbs up, teeth glint*

the sentinel looks cooool, as per my comment on the tread heads (:p).

no comment on the tyranids, you're a heretic :p

SC

Inquisitor Konig
02-06-2007, 00:49
*wipes off sweat* boy is it hard painting one model a month... but here it is!!!

I think after I get these pics up I am going to go back and paint infantry again.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0765.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0762.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0767.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0766.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
02-06-2007, 00:50
And some group shots.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0778.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN0772.jpg

Lord Cook
02-06-2007, 18:14
You have a great army there, I really like the battle damage on the basic troops. Where does the foliage on the sentinels come from?

Cadian 21st
03-06-2007, 05:51
- Love the colours on the vehicles! Good to see 'em painted ;).

Inquisitor Konig
26-11-2007, 23:13
I really wanted to have more photos when I finaly got around to posting but the rest of my models are in Texas as I am in Arkansas...

anyway here are a few WIP pics of my second tank. The tank still needs some highlights and I think I am going to re-do the tank commander... he is too colorful for my tastes.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN1608.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN1611.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
27-11-2007, 01:18
And a shot from the front...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN1612.jpg

SharpSilver
03-12-2007, 17:32
I love the Tyranid skull and battle damage, makes your army seem so seasoned

Keep up the good work: )

Inquisitor Konig
03-12-2007, 18:14
I love the Tyranid skull and battle damage, makes your army seem so seasoned

Thanks man.
The trophies were the insperation for this army... however I think I went a little too far with the battle damage on the most recent tank. I cannot wait to start painting the Hardened Vets because every model in the unit has a skull for a helmet!

There will be more photos at the end of next week when I am done with finals and go back home.

Bregalad
03-12-2007, 23:00
Nice themed army.
Fits my Guard hunting Nids army ;)

grhino
04-12-2007, 13:28
The trophy from the tank looks like the rabbit-like guy from Donnie Darko.

Inquisitor Konig
04-12-2007, 18:11
The trophy from the tank looks like the rabbit-like guy from Donnie Darko.

Not sure if it is because of the way I painted it or because GW modeled it that way...

I was thinking of painting it with the purple like I did with the Fex head on the Demolisher Tank earlier in the thread. But then I just painted it bone... not sure if I like it because I dont really like that movie...:rolleyes:

SharpSilver
04-12-2007, 18:35
Your army is really inspiring me to something similar to yours, I'm thinking about collecting my first guard army and maybe converting it to something similar, or maybe Chaos hunters? ^^

Inquisitor Konig
04-12-2007, 19:54
Your army is really inspiring me to something similar to yours, I'm thinking about collecting my first guard army and maybe converting it to something similar, or maybe Chaos hunters? ^^

Themeing an IG are is a lot of fun with all the Doctines!

Something I always thought would be cool was a really high tech IG army geared to fight Eldar (a very popular army right now, NTM Dark Eldar will probebly be coming out within a year or two;)).

Doctines could be something like:
Xenos Fighters: Eldar
Carapace
Camelion
Drop Troops
Special Weapon Squads

They would have "high tech" armor with a camo ability built in and instead of Tanks have a whole mess of Sentinels!

Let me know what you decide on. IG are a really fun army to play with if you stick to a theme and go all out.

SharpSilver
04-12-2007, 20:33
I might just go with the idea of a Elder/dark elder hunting army there.

I think I would probably go with these Doctrines;

Looking through the IG reference sheet, I've come up with

Carapace armor
Grenadiers
Xenos fighters: Elder/DE
Storm troopers
Sharpshooters

SharpSilver
05-12-2007, 14:44
I think those Doctrines would prove effective for eliminating Elder/D-elder armies.:D

Although some alternatives would be nice to look at, and maybe compare, must think of some more :rolleyes:

Inquisitor Konig
07-07-2008, 06:56
I know I havnt posted in ages and ages and have really let this thread die but I have been painting, just not taking pictures.

Here is a group shot that was taken about a month ago... dont remember how many points it was but I have even more painted now.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0820.jpg

Here is a pic of one of my dudes that might make it into the campaign book. Anyone know what football team he is a fan of...?
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0514.jpg

I am really excited to say that models I have had for almost 4 years are now getting paint on them. My army has to be finished in time for the BellofLostSouls (http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com)Campaign coming up at the end of the Summer.

These are crap pics but are work in progress photos of a Deathwatch Special Character I am putting together.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0861.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0866.jpg

Fideru
07-07-2008, 10:05
Very nice conversion with the heavy bolter on the terminator. I like that a lot actually...

I'd love to see some close-ups of your guard though, the battle damage on the LMBT looks very good as well.

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2008, 17:16
Another update of models that I painted some time ago...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0871.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0875.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0873.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0879.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2008, 17:18
These are some of my Vet Sargents for the infantry squads...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0881.jpg

Some heavy weapons from my infantry sqauds...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0882.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0884.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0886.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2008, 17:24
Some WIP Hardened Veterans... the gaunt helmets are still fresh :p
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0890.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0891.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2008, 17:25
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0876.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0877.jpg

Fingers...too cool not to use.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0887.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0888.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2008, 17:28
WIP Sentinels... they will be flanking the enemy in 5th opposed to Deep Striking in 4th...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0892.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0893.jpg

a couple more tanks...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0895.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0896.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2008, 17:30
Hellhound with scratch build Inferno Cannon!!!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0897.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0899.jpg

Distraction Project... Nurgle Raptor!!!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0902.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0903.jpg

wilsonian
08-07-2008, 18:29
some great green stuff work there :D

Inquisitor Konig
08-07-2008, 20:06
Updates on the Deathwatch Captain...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0909.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0905.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0912.jpg

Duckdude
08-07-2008, 20:55
Lovely work.

Only got one question, could you post a guide on how youre painting the eyes on these models? looks amazing, so much better eyes then the plain black i use for eyes on my guardsmen.

Inquisitor Konig
09-07-2008, 20:23
@duckdude
sure thing, once this Deathwatch Captain is done I am going to paint up my Veterans but mostly it comes down to the the size of the brush you use... and luck getting it right on the first try...

A little more progress on the Captain... should be done today. Mostly just the highlights and the chapter shoulder pad left to paint.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0914.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0916.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0918.jpg

Hadriel Caine
11-07-2008, 14:46
Incredible log mate!

The Kasrkin are the best i've seen - love the conversion of the leader and the plasma gunner is the coolest IG model I've seen in a VERY long time. I may have to steal that idea! great colour scheme. I really like the heavy bolter on the DW termie. not seen termies with backpacks before but it really fits with the 'mobile' kill team idea of the chapter.

love the nid tanks - the purple is a great contrast to the green of the vehicles. Keep the bone on the commisar's tank - it looks like an old old trophy further showing the commie to be a veteran and a cut above the others - hes been killing 'fex's since before the others were born!

The Gs'd rebreathers are a great touch too!
cheers

Adam.

Inquisitor Konig
14-07-2008, 00:28
@Hadriel Caine

Thank you very much for the kind words. I hope to get back to painting more IG soon but I have been buildings Special Characters for the upcoming BellofLostSouls Macharian Crusaide (http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2008/06/teaser-macharian-heroes-and-villians.html).

Although I finished Deathwatch Captain Pizzaro I left him at the game store with all the other models made by the BoLS team specifically for the campaign.

Here you will see Lord Commander Crasses who will lead the 5th army group deep into Ork and Dark Eldar held space. I know the hands look goofy but he is supposed to be armed with a pair of xenos crafted guantlets with eldar spirit stones on the knuckels... kinda cool.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0929.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0928.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0927.jpg

He is still very much a WIP model. I hope to have him done by Thursday.:(

Inquisitor Konig
14-07-2008, 01:40
Hate to double post but I added a little detail to Crasses.

I cut the fingers on the left hand a little shorter and added the shoulder mounted plasma pistol.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0930.jpg

Here are some pics from the Midnight Release Party Megga Battle Stupidness.
It was my first Apoc game so I took my Legion of the Damned Army. They have a fantastic Apoc Data Sheet... deepstrike in rhinos all with feel no pain.

They didnt do much but on the other side of the battle field I pook my new Deathwatch Special Character out for a spin with a big squad of Deathwatch to back him up.

The Deepstruck in and mowed down a mob of orks leaving the Warboss who charged them but died before he landed a blow. They then moved up and killed a Tyranid Trygon (sp? the giant Ravener thing), a bunch of smaller Raveners and about 20 more gaunts that crawled out of the hole the Trygon burrowed out of!!! Pizzaro was left standing at the end of the game with one wound left

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0923.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0925.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0924.jpg

AventineCrusader
14-07-2008, 10:17
Looking cool Konig. That plasma pistol is quite big, you may need something on the other side of the model to balance it out a bit...

Slaaaaaanesh
14-07-2008, 10:42
Very nice models, especially the nurgle raptor and your Crasses figure.

Inquisitor Konig
14-07-2008, 15:07
@Aventine
thats the plasma pistol you told me I should use....

@Slaaaaaanesh
thank you. When I have time I hope to do more work to the Raptors.

Inquisitor Konig
14-07-2008, 16:19
Not much new but to hummor Aventine I added the new GW lazer pointer to Crasses' left shoulder to "balance it out a bit"...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0931.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0932.jpg

And since I can upload 4 pictures at a time I thought I would post some more Nurgle Raptors just for fun...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0933.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0934.jpg

AventineCrusader
14-07-2008, 21:31
@Aventine
thats the plasma pistol you told me I should use....

@Slaaaaaanesh
thank you. When I have time I hope to do more work to the Raptors.

The scope does a good job of balancing it out. That wasn't the one I meant, I meant a new Chaos plasma pistol which is alot less chunky then that old one you're using...

Lord Zso Sahaal
14-07-2008, 22:08
Some very nice work there. Just got one question was that black dice on the gaming table big enough? lol

Sahaal

Inquisitor Konig
14-07-2008, 22:58
Some very nice work there. Just got one question was that black dice on the gaming table big enough? lol

Sahaal

Haha yeah, those were the losers that didnt want to play in the huge stupid battle that everyone else was playing in. I assume that black dice was the turn counter...

Inquisitor Konig
16-07-2008, 05:56
Not much of an update but you can see that I have changed the plasma pistol on his soulder... this is a very tiny one off of the FW hardened vet sprew. He is also about to get some more putty work on his shoulders to give him those officer rope things... forgot what they are called. :rolleyes:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_0937.jpg

(what this tank commander has on his soulders is what Crasses will have too)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/DSCN1608.jpg

Hadriel Caine
16-07-2008, 18:44
epaulettes (sp?) thats what they are called!

honestly, I post my appreciation of this log and then the next day you post the coolest commander I have seen in a VERY VERY long time, I love the claws, the head, the re-worked armour and the MIU plasma pistol is gorgeous!

Good Bloody work.

Adam.

Inquisitor Konig
17-07-2008, 02:46
@Hadriel Caine
You are too kind. I am never very happy with my models until I am done painting them. Right now I think his hands are ridiculas... He will have a similar uniform to the other officers earlier in this tread... look forward to a lot of Black, Red, and Gold...
Sorry to say however that there wont be any progress on Crasses for a few days.

The first 5th ed tourni in Austin is on Saturday and I have been trying to get the rest of my army mostly painted before all the craziness. I was hoping to get a lot more done last night but it was the American Baseball All Star game and it went for 15 innings and lasted for 4h51m... for all of you that dont know much about baseball that is a long time!

The point is all I did was paint model's bases which is not very interesting... hope to take a finished picture of Pazzaro tomorrow at the LGS.

cheers,
kings

Doublethink
17-07-2008, 18:59
Those claws are amazing, seriously. Keep 'em!
I really, really like that huge skull attached to the tank. Looks awesome.
Keep it coming! :evilgrin:

Inquisitor Konig
19-07-2008, 00:51
Here is the finished Deathwatch Captain Pizzaro!!! his name is pretty stupid but I didnt make it up...

front
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1063.jpg

back
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1066.jpg

deathwatch shoulder pad
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1065.jpg

mentor legion shoulder pad
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1067.jpg

when I took the photos I had just put the static grass on his base and some stuck to his backpack... I wiped it off later

dr.oetk3r
19-07-2008, 04:10
The IG lord commander is strictly "dope ass"

Very nice!

Inquisitor Konig
19-07-2008, 04:47
The IG lord commander is strictly "dope ass"

Very nice!

thank you very much. however I am still not happy with him; looks too much like macharian to me. would not be a problem but they are both going to be in a campaign together later this summer... hmmmm I am going to have to take the hobby knife back to him before I start painting...

Here are a couple of pic of my first attempt at epethets (sp?) or whatever the hell they are called... I only did one side at first for two reasons; 1) i havnt finished the plasma pistol mount & 2) if I do putty work on more than one side of a model at a time I am bound to smush what I have already done, better let it dry first.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1075.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1076.jpg
I noticed after I took the picture I noticed that I did a pretty sloppy job on that putty work. Before it was dry I went back and cleaned it up a lot... looks a lot better. I will post more pictures once I have more progress to show.

Here is another Nurgle Raptor to fill up space...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1078.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
21-07-2008, 20:38
Quick update on Crasses...

He is pretty much finished at this point. There are a few touch ups I need to do to him with putty here and there and I am going to add some cables from the back of his shoulder mounted plasma pistol to the pouch on his belt strait below it. Once that is done I will mount him on a terminator sized base and begin painting.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1086.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1085.jpg

You can Crasses and Pizarro's rules in the Macharian Crusaide Book found on BellofLostSouls (http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2008/07/play-aid-macharian-crusade.html).

Dictator
21-07-2008, 20:45
Looking great. Just curious. Why the terminator sized base, he is just human :]

Inquisitor Konig
21-07-2008, 21:09
Looking great. Just curious. Why the terminator sized base, he is just human :]

Just because he is important. All the other commanders that people have made for the campaign have been on those bigger bases and it will give me the opportunity to add some extra detail... I am thinking a dead Dark Eldar Warrior.

Here are some pictures of my WIP "out flanking" Auto-Cannon Sentinels.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1087.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1093.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1089.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1090.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
22-07-2008, 00:12
I think Crasses is done, just have to touch up the plasma pistol a little bit and rebase him. Still need to think of something for him to stand on so it looks like he takes up more of the base...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1097.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1095.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1098.jpg

C&C please.

Rahveel
22-07-2008, 00:44
Crasses is probably one of the coolest IG charicters Ive seen, very nice (and creative) work. the tubing on the sholder mounted weapon looks ace. only issue I can see with him is that his neck seems to be way to long. not a huge deal though.

for the base, it would be cool to have him standing on something elivated, like a ridge, or bolder. he really seems to be directing the troops, and would want a good position to survey the battle from. or on a torn up nid warrior, with gore extending from his lower claw, to the warrior.

Inquisitor Konig
22-07-2008, 01:57
Thanks for the comments Rahveel. I agree about the neck issue. The head is from the Baneblade tank commander which came with a chin... I cut it down so that it would look like his head was sticking out but I didnt do a very good job and this is the result.

However I took your advice and mounted him on some slate... painting begins tonight!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1100.jpg

AventineCrusader
22-07-2008, 09:18
Nice base.

Anardakil
22-07-2008, 10:48
That's a very cool commander : D

Mutantdale
22-07-2008, 10:55
I like Crasses but iwould never want to have a plasma pistol that close to my face ;)
Some nice guard here keep it up.

MD

bigred
22-07-2008, 21:00
Nice one Konig,

May I recommend a tall collar to deal with the thin neck issue, and a flowing Darth Vader cape might make Crassus look more imposing as well.

Great Gauntlets of Madness!

Inquisitor Konig
22-07-2008, 22:32
@Mutantdale
I agree but lets just say its "master crafted"...

@bigred
ahhh I did my best to make him look less like Lord Solar as possible... seeing as how they might stand side by side on the battle field it might look a little odd if he the both had flowing capes. :o

Thanks for the commments guys. Here are some of the base coats down. Maybe I'll finish him tonight...:angel:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1114.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1112.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
23-07-2008, 04:19
Another quick update on the painting of Crasses.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1118.jpg

Still need to do the dreaded black highlights

Inquisitor Konig
31-07-2008, 22:40
Finished Crasses. He aint great but he is done.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1125.jpg

Inquisitor Konig
01-08-2008, 23:58
I more or less finished my sentinels. I had been running them in three squadrons. 2autocannon sentinels out flanking as a team and 2 single las cannon sentinels deployed individualy in my deployment zone.

As eveyone knows Kill Points is a tough mission for IG and those single Sentinel squads are just adding to my problems. The last three games I have played I have taken two Squadrons of two sentinels. Each with one Autocannon and one Lascannon and they both out flank. In the three games I played they have preformed excelently! In the most recent Secure and Control mission they out flanked killing a Defiler and a rhino which alowed my tanks to knock the guys inside off of the objective!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1127.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1126.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1130.jpg

even the driver has a gasmask.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1131.jpg

Fideru
02-08-2008, 01:40
That's great to hear the sentinels you've painted so excellently have performed so well! Keep it up!

Happy Chappy
20-08-2008, 21:23
This is a great army you have here. Crasses and the Kasrkin look really cool keep up the good work!

Rahveel
20-08-2008, 22:31
I really like the colors you chose for Crasses, very intimidating :)

Inquisitor Konig
20-08-2008, 23:35
I really like the colors you chose for Crasses, very intimidating :)

Thanks! Thats how I paint all my officers... Black with Red trim. I wanted him to look as little like Machaius (the model I based him off of) as I could and I think it was the black that really did it.

He was supposed to be posted here (http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2008/08/voting-macharian-character-challenge.html) but the smart guys at BoLS forgot to add him to the poll.

oh well, making him was what was fun and the campaign should be too.:cool:

Inquisitor Konig
05-02-2009, 03:38
Sorry that this thread has been dead as of late but with the new IG book around the corner I have had little interest in painting any new models until I know what new toys I’ll be able to add.

However, I have not entirely neglected the hobby. I participated in the Bell of Lost Souls Macharian crusade which had its highs and lows. If anyone was keeping up with the Crusade on the Bell of Lost Souls website you might have noticed coverage ended after the 4th week...

But enough about that! We are currently in the play testing phase of this year’s Bell of Lost Souls campaign which will reenact the Badab War. I will be playing the part of one of the traitor Chapters, the Mantis Warriors.

Here are just a few pics of what I am up to...

Captain Grundwald of the 2nd Company
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/captainonabike.jpg

WIP Landraider
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1351.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1350.jpg

Decal... I am new at these.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/InquisitorKonig/IMG_1353.jpg

AventineCrusader
06-02-2009, 05:33
Sweet looking! I think I'll be making a group thread for us all to post our Badab armies on...