PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gork and Mork

mob16151
19-11-2010, 15:59
I have a very specific question for the Ork fluff fans out there. I was wondering what specific iexamples we have of Gork and Mork interacting with the other "gods" of 40K. Also were Gork and Mork around when the orks were the Krork(sp?)

Hendarion
19-11-2010, 17:09
IIRC, then the Snotlings (Brainboys) actually got created by the Old ones and then created the Orks as their protector race later on. Then things went bad and the Orks enslaved the Snots which turned more and more stupid over generations.
Gork and Mork... I actually don't know how they got into play, but from my little knowledge it could be similar to the Eldar assuming to either be ascended Old Ones or ascended Brainboys. Maybe they are just iconic creations though.
I'd be interested to see what others can come up with since I never understood the relation between Gork/Mork and the creation of the Orks.

ryng_sting
19-11-2010, 17:22
There was a story about them in the old epic rulebook. Gork fends off a tendril from Slaanesh, Mork yawns at Khorne's war-cry, and both snigger at a 'baleful warning' from the Emperor.

Clockwork-Knight
19-11-2010, 18:53
Gork and Mork shielded the ork mek who invented gargants from the psionic attack made by the emperor himself.

The emperor's mummified corpse let loose a tear full with pure terror when his near-divine spirit confronted the two mightiests warp gods of the galaxy.

And he fled from them.

The chaos gods might perhaps one day corrupt the entire galaxy and bring forth a neverending age of anarchy and madness.

But Gork and Mork will always be there to make any lesser warp entity sully their metaphorical pants.

DYoung
19-11-2010, 19:55
I assume Gork and Mork have been around as long as the Orks as their culture doesn't really seem to change no matter where they grow or under what conditions. They also all believe in Gork and Mork even though many of their civilisations come into existence without any contact from other Ork society.

Theocracity
19-11-2010, 20:38
The Chaos gods are personified reflections of the dark impulses of most sentient psyches, given power by the dark state of the galaxy.

The Eldar gods are part epic heroes, part reflections of Eldar mythology made manifest by the combined weight of their psychic presence.

In the same way, Ork gods are manifested by the pure weight of their psyches and culture. They are brutal and cunning, not for it's own sake like the Chaos gods, but purely because it is in their nature to be. I'm pretty sure the only reason there are two gods is because if there was only one it'd be boring without someone else to fight :D

As for how the other gods interact with Gork and Mork, I'm pretty sure it's essentially how mortals deal with orks in real life - as a dangerous nuisance that can be mostly ignored because they're always fighting each other :D

Brother Antonios
20-11-2010, 03:37
On the old GW website that is no more, it mentioned Khorne occasionally interacting with them and had some pics of converted Khorne Orcs that appear once every few thousand years or so.

The site also mentioned Tzeentch trying to do something with Gork and Mork but it backfired due to their low cunning.

Basically the interactions are very rare and only Khorne seems to have any luck and those deals are few and far between.

TheLaughingGod
20-11-2010, 05:54
On the old GW website that is no more, it mentioned Khorne occasionally interacting with them and had some pics of converted Khorne Orcs that appear once every few thousand years or so.

The site also mentioned Tzeentch trying to do something with Gork and Mork but it backfired due to their low cunning.

Basically the interactions are very rare and only Khorne seems to have any luck and those deals are few and far between.

Heh. I can see that.

Tzeentch: Gork, Mork, surely you'd rather work with me? See the power I can give you, all you must do is these simple things and our deal will be complete! Just sign here...
Gork: WRITING AND WERDZ IS FER PANZEES!
Mork: LET'S JUST SMASH YER FACE IN!
Gork: I'M DA CHANGER OF FACES! HURR HURR!
Mork: YOU SEE MY FIST COMING YOU GIT? HAW HAW!

That's how that'd go down.

Hive Mind 33
20-11-2010, 07:14
i have heard of Gork and Mork beating up nurgle and throwing him in a pit. i dont know if its true of not though.:(

TheLaughingGod
20-11-2010, 07:50
i have heard of Gork and Mork beating up nurgle and throwing him in a pit. i dont know if its true of not though.:(

That may have been from the joke thread about 40k warp high school. Nurgle was the fat kid.

Leogun_91
20-11-2010, 09:30
That may have been from the joke thread about 40k warp high school. Nurgle was the fat kid.Nope it's from an old rouge trader era ork book, they threw him into a pit and bashed him so throughly that he became a squiggly beast, it is explained not to be taken literally though and to just be seen as a symbolic myth explaining the orks natural resistance to disease.

DantesInferno
21-11-2010, 12:26
I have a very specific question for the Ork fluff fans out there. I was wondering what specific iexamples we have of Gork and Mork interacting with the other "gods" of 40K. Also were Gork and Mork around when the orks were the Krork(sp?)

<This previous thread> (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102332) may be of some assistance.

Grubnar
22-11-2010, 04:10

Generaly speaking, the Ork gods do not "interact" with the other gods. Unless it means shruging of their blows and laughing at them.
And then hitting them! (maybe when they are not looking)

Gork and Mork are just like the race that created them, they are so immensly powerfull that they can not really be hurt by the other gods. For that reason they tend to ignore them. Sometimes they might absentmindly wave their arm at them, much like a human night try to swat a fly. But it works both ways, Gork and Mork reprisent little to no threat to the other gods. They simply lack the nessisary motivation. Actually they spend most of their time sleeping.

mob16151
22-11-2010, 13:20
<This previous thread> (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102332) may be of some assistance.

Appreciate it.