PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 3k all around list

Renigade
19-11-2010, 21:51
Ok so I am creating an all around list for gaming for Vampire Counts and can use some fresh ideas or suggestions to improve my list.
Most Armies

Lord: +1 magic lvl, Forbidden Lore, Master of the Arts, Lord of Dead, Crown of Damned, Helm of Commandment, Cadaverous Cuirass (prevent killing blow, happens a lot), The other trickster shard

Hes a raiser mostly invocation, doing what vampires do best. He rides along with the Graveguard and his trusty BSB.
White King: BSB, Talisman of Preservation

Keeping lost combat not so brutal and allowing rerolls for stupidity tests, riding with his lord in a group of Graveguard.
White King: Staff of Damnation
White King: Sword of Kings

Both of them are placed within the other Graveguard Block. If someone is stupid enough to run out of dispel dice then the staff of damnation will eat their army alive, Everyone in Base contact does 1 attack even support
Necromancer: Van Hells, Power Stone
Necromancer: Van Hells, Dispel Scroll

These are just magic backups and scroll caddies, mostly ride in one of the blocks of skellies behind everyone else keep them out of combat until needed or an even greater opportunity arises.
Skeletons (25) full command, Banner of Hellfire
Skeletons (25) full command, Banner of Eternal Flame
Skeletons (25) full command

Why two flaming standards you ask, simple I have faced Dark Elves with 2-3 Hydras or Ogre Kingdoms need I say more.
Ghouls (30) Ghast

Awesome Hammer of death
Grave Guard (25) full command, Banner of Borrows
Grave Guard (25) full command, Razor Standard

Both of them are my Anvils of Doom, hard to kill.
2x Vargolf

Fast Moving, Quick Flanking, Eat most infantry squads. I always run them together unless strategy suggest otherwise. If my opponent has something that can deal with this menacing duo, I can always enlist Black Knights instead.