PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstomp&Challenge!?

_Ashdil_
20-11-2010, 21:27
I q that came up in my last battle. I had a Deamon Prince DoC version. Well he was in a challenge with a skellie champ, that got killed by the first hit ofcourse. With overkill, can you still use Stomp if the target is dead (deader)? We said no, it just felt wrong, neither did we let him stomp the unit. As he was only in combat with the champ that turn.

The thing is, this makes him a very easy target, as he cant use all his rules to winn vs units. I know units are better now in 8th, but still, with thier improvement, monsters need all they can get.

Still I got a draw that CC and as the champ was back next turn, I had to kill him again... thoose bones just came back together again, annoying as it was.

Kalandros
20-11-2010, 22:35
Due to initiative order and the new rules for Overkill - you may not direct any more attacks at a dead challenger if those attacks don't occur simultaneously with the attacks that caused the kill.

jthdotcom
21-11-2010, 00:11
Due to initiative order and the new rules for Overkill - you may not direct any more attacks at a dead challenger if those attacks don't occur simultaneously with the attacks that caused the kill.

This. Once the model is dead, he's dead

T10
21-11-2010, 01:16
Notice that Stomp attacks have the Always Strike Last special rule. This means that if your character also has this special rule (say, by using a great weapon) he'll make his attacks at the same time as the Stomp attack.

Of course, this mostly apples to characters that have Stomp attacks and that can actually take great weapons. Such as a Empire Captain on a Pegasus, or a Ogre Tyrant. Not so applicable to Greater Daemons.

-T10