PDA

View Full Version : Vampire 2k

Algovil
21-11-2010, 02:03
This is a friendly list meant to battle the Empire, please see my other thread for that army.

LORDS: 420

Vampire Lord lvl4: Extra lvl. Master of Black Arts, Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls, Crown of the Damned, Helm of Commandment, Black Periapt, Sword of Might - Putting my trust in a Puppet Master/ Caster, WS 7 and I 7 would protect him vs RnF and enemy characters even though no Armour Save, Sword of Might might (!) be worth it for inevitabile late game melee. With Skeletons.

HEROES: 470

Wight King: GW, BSB, the Drakenhof Banner: - Goes with GG.
Vampire Thrall: Ghoulkin, Flayed Hauberk : - Goes with ghouls, free ghoulmove, Some Protection. Swaps spell for Raise Dead. Could one dice IoN.
Necromancer: IoN , Staff of Damnation: - With Skeletons - one dice IoN.

CORE: 500 (600)

23 Skeleton: FC, spears, Warbanner: 252 - Bunker.
30 Ghouls: Ghast: 248
Corpse Cart: Unholy Lodestone: 100

SPECIAL: 335

20 Grave Guards: FC, Great Weapons, Banner of the Barrows: 335 - Hammer

RARE: 175

Varghulf

Comments: Plan is to Setup GG in middle with CC and skeletonbunker supporting, Ghouls with Thrall and 8" move flank, Varghulf goes where needed. Few troops, but good protection and strong character support.

EDIT: I guess I need more RnF, I want to use the CC, Should I drop the Vampire Thrall, for 10 extra GG + some?

Renigade
21-11-2010, 05:24
I wouldn’t recommend the Drakenhof Banner, it’s too expensive. If I was playing against you all I see is a giant target that I will killing blow in an instant and poof goes your bsb 220 points of wasted use. Instead I would rely on good old Grave Guard. Sure take a white king and make him a bsb with the Talisman of preservation 4 up ward.

Important facts about Vampires

Best heroes for the points - White kings, killing blow at toughness five not to mention parry save (not magical weapons only have magical attacks)

Have your vampires do what they do best, Raise the dead

No need for two vampires, necromancers are a cheap way to insure van hells and great scroll caddies

van hells, van hells, van hells - most people make tactical moves underestimating a large group of grave guard van hellsing their flanks or them straight on.

Best unit, hands down grave guard and Against Empire, is carin wraiths - still might want maneuverability so vargolf is great.

Nothing wrong with ghouls but still good old skellies are the best for taking a beating and keep on ticking - I might run a good number of two 25 blocks of skellies, ghouls for me only comes in at 2500 or perhaps 3k

Lord needs to have cadaverous cuirass (anti killing blow always) - if he goes your army goes use to happen to me so many times until I learned that valuable lesson.

Corpse carts are a waste - go ahead and bound spell, one dispell die and poof doesnt go off, its better to raise one more die of skellies or grave guard then worry about ASF. Who cares you raise dead

Algovil
21-11-2010, 05:41
No Drakenhof then, I made my math and the banner is two more ranks on the GG, maybe for larger battles.

BSB is a must, if just for Crown of the Damned reroll, give him some magic equipment then, a ward and he is good to go!

So you think sword and board is the way to go for parry save??? I will try GW, need something reliable vs high armour save.

One Vampire Lord, no Thrall then, but I really can not decide between Combat, Caster, Hybrid or Support Lord! The Helm is just too good to pass.

A Necro or two would be useful, one dice IoN won't work vs high lvl wizards, but for caddies, staff or book, great!

I agree, CC is not the best, but I have the model, it is stunning, I need to use it.

Ghouls seems better then skeletons in a straigt up fight, WS2 I2 hurts :p , which..frankly is ... unfortunate, I would like to go all Skeletons, Grave Guards, Wraights, Fell Bats, maybe Batswarms and Spirit Hosts, now thats a vampire army. I do not think it would work though, or could it?

What do you think about the combo I wrote in the tactics forum, I quote:

A unit of say 30 skeletons, a Wight King with the Accursed Armour and Tomb Blade. If supported by a Vamp with Helm of Commandment could make for quite a tarpit/anvil. Is this just stupid or could it work. I like the fact that lowering the Initiative of the WK works well with Tomb Blade, casualties first, then raise, 6 in toughnes! Low WS don't matter with the Helm.

I wouldn’t recommend the Drakenhof Banner, it’s too expensive. If I was playing against you all I see is a giant target that I will killing blow in an instant and poof goes your bsb 220 points of wasted use. Instead I would rely on good old Grave Guard. Sure take a white king and make him a bsb with the Talisman of preservation 4 up ward.

Important facts about Vampires

Best heroes for the points - White kings, killing blow at toughness five not to mention parry save (not magical weapons only have magical attacks)

Have your vampires do what they do best, Raise the dead

No need for two vampires, necromancers are a cheap way to insure van hells and great scroll caddies

van hells, van hells, van hells - most people make tactical moves underestimating a large group of grave guard van hellsing their flanks or them straight on.

Best unit, hands down grave guard and Against Empire, is carin wraiths - still might want maneuverability so vargolf is great.

Nothing wrong with ghouls but still good old skellies are the best for taking a beating and keep on ticking - I might run a good number of two 25 blocks of skellies, ghouls for me only comes in at 2500 or perhaps 3k

Lord needs to have cadaverous cuirass (anti killing blow always) - if he goes your army goes use to happen to me so many times until I learned that valuable lesson.

Corpse carts are a waste - go ahead and bound spell, one dispell die and poof doesnt go off, its better to raise one more die of skellies or grave guard then worry about ASF. Who cares you raise dead

Algovil
21-11-2010, 06:23
LORD: 445

Vampire Lord: Extra Level, MotBA, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Crown of the Damned, Helm of Commandment, Black Periapt, Sword of Might: 445

HEROES: 430

Wight King 1: HW&S, Heavy Armour, Gem of blood, the other Tricksters Shard: 115
Wight King 2: HW&S, Heavy Armour, Luckstone: 80
Wight King 3: BSB, Opal Amulet: 115
Necromancer: IoN, VHDM, Staff of Damnation: 100

CORE: 527

24 Skeletons: FC, Spear: - with WK1. 227
24 Skeletons: FC, HW&S: - with WK2. 212
10 Ghouls: Ghast: - Bunker for Vampire Lord and Necro. 88

SPECIAL: 442

29 Grave Guards: FC, Great Weapons, Banner of the Barrows - with WK3

RARE: 175

2 Wraiths with 1 Banshee - just amazing models, more so than Varghulf in my opinion.

TOTAL: 1999p

This look Great to me! Something different, but will look good on the table. No fast units, not much protection.