PDA

View Full Version : steam tank and lore of light

Pawel
21-11-2010, 13:35
acording to new FAQ Steam tank can by affected by Rune of Wrath and Ruin
Can I double its movement with lore of light?

T10
21-11-2010, 14:16
The Steam Tank doesn't have a Movement value: It moves up to 3 inches per steam point. Seeing as both the Time Warp spell and the Anvil deals with a model's Movement value they should affect the Steam Tank the same way.

So the FAQ sets the precedent that the Steam Tank can move 6 inches per steam point while affected by Birona's Time Warp.

-T10

Glasscannon
22-11-2010, 01:33
I hate to disagree, but the FAQ states timewarp doubles the models 'Movment Allowance' which is the M value not the distance moved, the steam tank has no M value so cant be effected. I have read the FAQ regarding the rune of wrath and ruin and steam tanks however it has no bearing on the spell, if timewarp is to effect a steam tank in the same manner then it will have to be in the FAQ aswell.
As much as I would like it to work being an empire player, I cant justify it at all.

Lord_Elric
22-11-2010, 02:01
It says movement allowance so does that not mean the distance it can move in a given turn not its M stat

seeing as it was faqd to movement allowance from just movement it stands to reason that the steam tanks movement allowance of 3" per steam piont would be doubled

and from a fluff stand piont it also makes complete sense as the spells fluff has it slowing everythin else down so that the unit moving moves faster relative to everythin else around it....

stripsteak
22-11-2010, 03:02
It says movement allowance so does that not mean the distance it can move in a given turn not its M stat

seeing as it was faqd to movement allowance from just movement it stands to reason that the steam tanks movement allowance of 3" per steam piont would be doubled

and from a fluff stand piont it also makes complete sense as the spells fluff has it slowing everythin else down so that the unit moving moves faster relative to everythin else around it....

pg3 of the BRB Movement Allowance is the full name of the characteristic

Lord_Elric
22-11-2010, 03:44
pg3 of the BRB Movement Allowance is the full name of the characteristic

I concide...