PDA

View Full Version : Any way to contact the 40k design team?

AlexHolker
21-11-2010, 13:59
Because the Sisters of Battle might be getting a new codex next year, I would like to provide some feedback and suggestions the writers might not have considered, in the hopes that they will steal anything they think will help make the best codex possible. In the old days I would probably have sent a letter via Chapter Approved, but I'm under the impression that this doesn't exist any more.

Does anyone have any idea how I would do this? My first attempt didn't seem to go anywhere, as when I asked the (US) Customer Service about it they said they'd pass on my message to the UK, but nothing came of it.

marv335
21-11-2010, 15:10
Send a letter addressed to the studio at lenton.
Regular mail will get better attention than an email (which probably wouldn't make it past the spam filter)

lotrchampion
21-11-2010, 15:12
Just like sending any other letter.

Design Studio
Games Workshop
Willow Road
Lenton
Nottingham
NG7 2WS

simonr1978
22-11-2010, 00:29
Either way, unless you have something really Earth shattering to contribute, I really wouldn't hold out too much hope of getting a prompt or encouraging reply, beyond a fairly standard "Thank you for your time..." letter.

AlexHolker
22-11-2010, 01:09
Thanks for the responses. I'll send it off some time this week, after I've tidied it up a bit.

Either way, unless you have something really Earth shattering to contribute, I really wouldn't hold out too much hope of getting a prompt or encouraging reply, beyond a fairly standard "Thank you for your time..." letter.
That's fine, I wasn't expecting a reply. I was simply hoping that they might like some of my ideas (like the "Run, we will hold them off!" rule for Repentia I've mentioned in a few wishlisting threads), and that the final product might be better as a result.

blongbling
23-11-2010, 09:45
another one for the "round filing cabinet" of gamers ideas.

Wil Grand
23-11-2010, 09:53
Get them told - chix on big choppers!

Grimtuff
23-11-2010, 10:41
another one for the "round filing cabinet" of gamers ideas.

Filed under drawer "B-1N" I would assume. ;)

Bingo the Fun Monkey
30-11-2010, 09:54
Get them told - chix on big choppers!

Yes, biker nuns with guns are sorely missing from the game. That's just too hawtt.

Grimtuff
30-11-2010, 12:34
Yes, biker nuns with guns are sorely missing from the game. That's just too hawtt.

Methinks you missed the very dirty pun present in the post you quoted. ;)

Wil Grand
30-11-2010, 12:47
Not me, I want big hawg type motorcycles for Battle Sisters. Not being dirty at all. It's a bit pish that tje Witch Hunters list has crap fast attack options, being as they as almost the same as the basic troop choice plus transport.

Sai-Lauren
30-11-2010, 15:48
That's probably one way to make sure they never happen - if you send ideas in and they do get in the army list, then they're potentially opening themselves up to accusations of plagarism, IP theft and so on, and would have to prove that it was their idea from the outset, and that you only accidentally happened to think along the same lines.

Not to say that folorn rearguard idea for Repentia's a bad thing though...

And personally, I think that Sororitas bikers takes them even closer to just being cut-price Marines, rather than having their own identity. Plus I don't think they should have too much military equipment - their armour and weapons are justified as having to protect cathedrals and ecclesiarchy priests, but anything else should be based on what they can fund from church donations and maintain with the assistance of the citizenry rather than the AM - hence the unreliable Exorcist and everything else working off easily procured/built and repaired Rhino hulls.

Misfratz
30-11-2010, 20:43
That's probably one way to make sure they never happen - if you send ideas in and they do get in the army list, then they're potentially opening themselves up to accusations of plagarism, IP theft and so on...If AlexHolker is concerned about this then he can add to his letter that he is gifting GW this advice/information/idea free of charge, and surrenders any rights to it as a result [but it would be nice for them to give him a mention in the acknowledgements].

AlexHolker
01-12-2010, 13:00
It's a bit pish that tje Witch Hunters list has crap fast attack options, being as they as almost the same as the basic troop choice plus transport.
You're forgetting the Seraphim. The Dominions might be boring, but the Hit+Running, dual pistol wielding Seraphim provide something unique.

If AlexHolker is concerned about this then he can add to his letter that he is gifting GW this advice/information/idea free of charge, and surrenders any rights to it as a result [but it would be nice for them to give him a mention in the acknowledgements].
A good suggestion, and something I believe I conveyed in my letter.

Wil Grand
01-12-2010, 16:01
Not really unique, the word I'd use is 'useless'.