PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Goldenwolf
21-11-2010, 14:55
Gents,

Just a few specific Questions for the more informed. I know it is a lot, but I would greatly appreciate any help on these, as they have been argued both or multiple ways in my local group.

Orc N Goblins:
(1) When a Doom Diver hits a unit of Skirmishers, it does it's full D6 of damage correct?

(2) Can you place a rank of Squig Herders in the front of a unit of squigs to prevent Squigs being killed in Close combat?

Undead/Demons:
(1) Do you use Steadfast on the Undead or Demons if they lose a combat?

Skaven:
(2) If a unit of Skaven Slaves explodes on being defeated, do the unit(s) fighting it get to Over Run?

General:
(1) Does a forest halve your movement and prevent marching? or does it simply alter the ability to be Steadfast and give cover? What about a Swamp?

(2) Is it possible for Swarms to take away rank bonuses? If so how many bases would they need to do so? is it 6 so they have 2 Ranks worth?

(3) If a unit fails it's Terror test do they flee?

(4) If 2 Monsters face off do they Thunderstomp each other in intiative order? or not at all because they are both monsters?

T10
21-11-2010, 15:26
- Doom Divers cause a number of hits with no exceptions for Skirmishers.

- Squig Herds: "Night Goblins can be placed anywhere in the unit."

- Steadfast, Daemons: I say yes. If the unit is Steadfast then they take their instability test without combat resolution modifiers. Note: There is some debate as to whether or not the Instability test is a Break test.

- Steadfast, Undead: These units don't take break tests. The only benefit to having more ranks than the enemy is to deny them the Steadfast rule.

- Skaven slaves: I say yes. The unit is effectively wiped out.

- Forest: Movement is not halved. Marching is not inhibited. Certain units must make Dangerous Terrain tests under certain conditions. See p. 119.

- Marshland: Movement is not halved. Marching is not inhibited. Certain units must make Dangerous Terrain tests under certain conditions. See p. 121.

- Swarms: These units are Skirmishers by default. Skirmishers are considered to have zero ranks and therefore cannot disrupt ranks.

- Terror: Yes. Units that are charged by a unit that causes Terror must take a Panic test. If the test is failed the unit must declare a Flee! charge reaction. The Flee! charge reaction is resolved as normal.

- Monsters: Not at all. Only certain troop types are vulnerable to Stomp attacks, and a monster are not one of those troop types. p. 76.

-T10

AMWOOD co
21-11-2010, 19:11
I question and 1 addition to T10's answers.

- Steadfast, Undead: These units don't take break tests. The only benefit to having more ranks than the enemy is to deny them the Steadfast rule.

Do you feel that the wording of the FAQ for Steadfast does not affect the Unstable rule? Now that I've read the two side by side, I'm not sure, but there was talk of Snotlings' Stubborn possibly making them purely Unbreakable.

- Terror: Yes. Units that are charged by a unit that causes Terror must take a Panic test. If the test is failed the unit must declare a Flee! charge reaction. The Flee! charge reaction is resolved as normal.

The one exception among units not Immune to Panic are War Machines - they have very specific instructions for failing a Panic Test.

Chris_
22-11-2010, 00:47
Do you feel that the wording of the FAQ for Steadfast does not affect the Unstable rule? Now that I've read the two side by side, I'm not sure, but there was talk of Snotlings' Stubborn possibly making them purely Unbreakable.The Steadfast rule only talks about Break Tests. Unstable units take wounds per point they lost the combat. Even though they are steadfast they still lose the combat with X points and thus take X wounds. The steadfast only kicks in if they have to take a break test.

Daemons however seem to be getting a benefit for their Instability test since it is per definition a special kind of Break test.

Undead got screwed over bad :) Almost managed to get a win against a guy playing a cheezy WoC list yesterday though :p

Goldenwolf
22-11-2010, 02:04
Gentlemen,

Thank You for the answers and page references.