PDA

View Full Version : Named techmarines

Son of Sanguinius
21-11-2010, 22:41
Would you please give me the names of a few notable techmarines? Or techmarine-like characters, such as iron fathers or iron priests? The more famous, the better. I've looked at Lexicanum and through search engines and I'm still having a bit of trouble outside of a couple iron fathers I've never heard of.

Thank you.

Hellebore
21-11-2010, 22:46
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ulf Blackbrow, the Iron Priest that built Njal Stormcaller's Cyber Raven.

Hellebore

AndrewGPaul
21-11-2010, 23:22
There's Techmarine Dromon of the Reclaimers (from The Emperor's Finest (http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/e/the-emperors-finest.pdf) (PDF) ), and I think there's one in the Deathwatch team in Innocence Proves Nothing. The Astral Claws' Master of the Forge is a special character in Imperial Armour volume 9: The Badab War part 1.

Scalebug
21-11-2010, 23:35
Ironfather Gdolkin of the Iron Hands in the novel so named.

Lord Asgul
22-11-2010, 00:03
I KNOW ONE, but I can't remember his name. He was an Ultramarine TechMarine but his name escapes me. I think he appears in a white dwarf. He died when an artillery shell hit him on a bridge he was arming for demolition or something similiar.

Xisor
22-11-2010, 01:10
Forgemaster Argos of the Salamanders.

Part of a triumvirate of three Forgemasters which rule the Chapter's Forge 'department'. Features as a recurring semi-prominent character in the Salamanders books by Nick Kyme. There's another few mentioned theirin too, but I think a 'Primogenitor Legion Senior Techpriest' is the sort of thing you're after!

As an aside, he's rather intriguingly written too.

In other news: There was a Raven Guard Techpriest in Goto's Deathwatch novels and also a few named ones in Assault on Black Reach, but I don't remember the name. Similarly as Asgul notes, there's one or two in McNeill's Ultramarines novels, but again, I don't know the name.

A Techpriest played a significant semi-background role in Aaron D-B's rather decent novel Helsreach too, but again, I forget the name(!). If you're particularly interested in reading the novels anyway, Helsreach and the two Salamander novels are enjoyable reads!

Scorpius_78
22-11-2010, 01:15
Argos - Master of the Forge (Salamanders)
Fennias Maxim - Master of the Forge (Ultramarines)
Armenneus Valthex - Patriarch of the Forges (Astral Claws)
Hephaestus - Techmarine and Pilot (Dark Angels)
Paullian Blantar - Iron-Father (Iron Hands)
Lygris - Techmarine (Soul Drinkers)

Thats all i can think of right now, Hope that helps man

AlphariusOmegon20
22-11-2010, 01:21
Forgemaster Argos of the Salamanders.

Part of a triumvirate of three Forgemasters which rule the Chapter's Forge 'department'. Features as a recurring semi-prominent character in the Salamanders books by Nick Kyme. There's another few mentioned theirin too, but I think a 'Primogenitor Legion Senior Techpriest' is the sort of thing you're after!

As an aside, he's rather intriguingly written too.

In other news: There was a Raven Guard Techpriest in Goto's Deathwatch novels and also a few named ones in Assault on Black Reach, but I don't remember the name. Similarly as Asgul notes, there's one or two in McNeill's Ultramarines novels, but again, I don't know the name.

A Techpriest played a significant semi-background role in Aaron D-B's rather decent novel Helsreach too, but again, I forget the name(!). If you're particularly interested in reading the novels anyway, Helsreach and the two Salamander novels are enjoyable reads!

Argos - Master of the Forge (Salamanders)
Fennias Maxim - Master of the Forge (Ultramarines)
Armenneus Valthex - Patriarch of the Forges (Astral Claws)
Hephaestus - Techmarine and Pilot (Dark Angels)
Paullian Blantar - Iron-Father (Iron Hands)
Lygris - Techmarine (Soul Drinkers)

Thats all i can think of right now, Hope that helps man

LOL Some of the characters in Nick Kyme's books were screen names for real people before he wrote the books. In Fact they sometimes help him with Sallie research.

Argos is based off of Brother Argos at B&C. So's Pyriel (also from B&C.)

I believe Praetor is from B&C also.

TheLaughingGod
22-11-2010, 01:42
Blood Raven Techmarine Martellus springs to mind. he's pretty cool

FarseerMatt
22-11-2010, 01:43
Bah! All these space marines stealing the spotlight as usual! :p

What about Magos Land, the techpriest who discovered the STC for two of the marines' most iconic vehicles?

What about Magos Salk who analysed the Tyranid hive mind, its patterns and it's bioweapons so the Imperium could fight back effectively?

What about Magos Egal who discovered the first Necron ruins on Naogeddon?

TheLaughingGod
22-11-2010, 07:01
Bah! All these space marines stealing the spotlight as usual! :p

What about Magos Land, the techpriest who discovered the STC for two of the marines' most iconic vehicles?

What about Magos Salk who analysed the Tyranid hive mind, its patterns and it's bioweapons so the Imperium could fight back effectively?

What about Magos Egal who discovered the first Necron ruins on Naogeddon?

All great TechPRIESTS but none of them TechMARINES. :P

Lord Damocles
22-11-2010, 08:15
Not only that, but Naogeddon was landed in M.35 - ~6,000 years before Magos Egal arrived! (Codex: Necrons, pg.7)

FarseerMatt
22-11-2010, 08:32
All great TechPRIESTS but none of them TechMARINES. :P

I know, I was just indulging in a bit of light-hearted trolling :angel:

Not only that, but Naogeddon was landed in M.35 - ~6,000 years before Magos Egal arrived! (Codex: Necrons, pg.7)

Guess they must have been buried pretty deep...

Xisor
22-11-2010, 09:47
LOL Some of the characters in Nick Kyme's books were screen names for real people before he wrote the books. In Fact they sometimes help him with Sallie research.

Argos is based off of Brother Argos at B&C. So's Pyriel (also from B&C.)

I believe Praetor is from B&C also.

Heh, yeah, I'd forgotten about that. It's very true, a fair chunk of them are indeed homages to online folks! Quite amusing when you then see conversations over on B&C with 'em all in...!

Crazy Ivan
22-11-2010, 13:23
Chapter armourer Tobamorie of the Reclaimers. He's mentioned in one of the Cain novels; I believe another Reclaimers techmarine plays a bigger role in the coming Cain book as well (can't remember his name now though).

Mage
22-11-2010, 14:15
In the... second deathwatch novel there is a Red Talons Techmarine called Sulphus. He has a chip off his shoulder about what happened at Istavaan, when he argues with a Revilers chapalin assigned to the team. I think he manned his own customised land speeder.

AndrewGPaul
22-11-2010, 14:30
Chapter armourer Tobamorie of the Reclaimers. He's mentioned in one of the Cain novels; I believe another Reclaimers techmarine plays a bigger role in the coming Cain book as well (can't remember his name now though).

Ahem. Post three. ^^^

Crazy Ivan
22-11-2010, 14:38
Ahem. Post three. ^^^
Whoops! Missed that, sorry Andrew. :o

Leftenant Gashrog
22-11-2010, 16:16
I don't think he was noted as being, well, notable, but one of the random example marines in IA9 is Techmarine Ortrun of the Fire Angels - curiously both he and the "Fire Angels Techmarine Rhino" are yellow not red.

AndrewGPaul
22-11-2010, 17:32
Gold/bronze, I think, rather than flat yellow.

Son of Sanguinius
22-11-2010, 18:00
Can anyone give me information on Argos? Weapons, equipment, appearance, personality?

Put spoiler tags where appropriate, please. :)

Leftenant Gashrog
23-11-2010, 02:26
Gold/bronze, I think, rather than flat yellow.

Looks flat yellow to me, compare the rhino's hull to the shiny silver of its storm bolters barrel.

the_gobbo_king
23-11-2010, 04:13
I KNOW ONE, but I can't remember his name. He was an Ultramarine TechMarine but his name escapes me. I think he appears in a white dwarf. He died when an artillery shell hit him on a bridge he was arming for demolition or something similiar.

A fine techmarine by the name of Sevano Tomasin, a demolitions expert... almost makes me want to write a Special Character...

Scott.

CasaHouse
23-11-2010, 04:34
Can anyone give me information on Argos? Weapons, equipment, appearance, personality?

Put spoiler tags where appropriate, please. :)

Gear-wise, all we know is that he uses a full servo-harness.

Half of his face, including an eye, is bionic after a run-in with a genestealer as a scout. He has a close bond with Chaplain Elysius, a squad-mate during their time in the seventh company, whom he took that wound defending. He speaks mechanically, without any inflection.

Has a very cold and logical manner about him, except when talking to said Chaplain in private.

Son of Sanguinius
23-11-2010, 05:55
Many thanks, CasaHouse.

Lord Asgul
23-11-2010, 10:16
A fine techmarine by the name of Sevano Tomasin, a demolitions expert... almost makes me want to write a Special Character...

Scott.

That's the one. At the time, I did too. I can't think of any special characters that are actually Techmarines. Would be good to have that choice really.