PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian army selection?

lordmetroid
22-11-2010, 20:17
Do I have to take 1+ Paladin, knight errants, 0-1 of so and so unit and so on in 8th edition?

Korraz
22-11-2010, 20:32
Yes.
Letters for the Lettergod.

Psygon
22-11-2010, 22:12
the Knights of the Realm requirement was FAQed out. (i am guessing thats what you mean by knights errant).

Page 68 & 69 – Core Units
Ignore the second paragraph in the sidebar

As for the Battle Standard Bearer, it is required as it says so in the asteriked paragraph(s) (Third Paragraph) on the margin on page 67.

However, I have seen some arguements that because the page that enforces the 0-1 requirements on Grail Knights no longer exists, and because we know Games Workshop to be a bit... lax when it comes to rule clarification, it is easy to extrapolate that they forgot to remove the 0-1 on the Grail Knight entry when the 8th edition FAQs came out, but remembered to remove the army composition page. Thus, you really can take more than one Grail Knight unit in games, because thats what they intended. I am not saying that this is the case, but it has some merit. The whole thing is rather ambigious and muddied.

Now, as for pegasus knights, you need a lord on a pegasus in order to lift the 0-1 restriction, as it is specifically enforced on the margin on the page which the pegasus knight entry is on.

theunwantedbeing
22-11-2010, 22:36
Everything related to army selection was errata'd out.
The 1+ and 0-1 limitations still remain.

So yes, you do need at least one of anything 1+ and are limited to only one of anything 0-1.
However you aren't forced to take a BsB anymore, although why you wouldn't I don't know as they're hugely useful these days.

AMWOOD co
23-11-2010, 03:43
Don't worry, you aren't the only one. Ogres have the same problem (a 0-1, a 1+, and one unit dictating how much of another there may be) and Tomb Kings have at least one such restriction with that Battle Standard type character, whatever he's called.