PDA

View Full Version : Raising the Cabal (2400pts)

Dreadgrass
23-11-2010, 01:00
Hey all,

So I'm building a Ghoul based vamps list, and wanted some opinions on the list so far...

LORDS - 445pts

Vampire Lord (Lvl.3)
Master of the Black Arts, Forbidden Lore (Vamp), Summon Ghouls
Talisman of Preservation, Black Periapt, Helm of Commandment
Casty-bunkered Lord, designed to keep my numbers up and spam Vanhels Danse (Still gotta be one of the best and cheapest buffs going) plus the helm.

HEROES - 210pts

Wight King (BSB)
Great Weapon
Drakenhoff Banner
Most people glue this guy to the Graveguard, but I plan to deploy him wherever I think he'll be most useful. Ghouls with regen would be just as nasty and more unexpected!

CORE - 720pts

28x Ghouls
28x Ghouls
Mainline blocks, lots of poisoned attacks and raisable to bigger units with the Lords summon Ghouls

20x Ghouls
Bunker unit for my lord and 2nd line of offense. Will be the tower unit in case of watchtower scenario.

14x Ghouls
Annoyance/ support unit, had a decent amount of success with them so far. will become the lords bunker in case of Watchtower

SPECIAL - 850pts

35x Grave Guard (Great Weapons) - full command, Banner of the Barrows
Mainline block, will normally be buffed with the helm for 2+ to hit and wound most enemies.

6x Black Knights - Standard
Experimental units, medium cav that can travel through terrain freely, main roles include seeing off enemy support/ shooting/ warmachines and flank charging units the ghouls get bogged down on for +3 CR (flank, charge, and banner) can also potentially kamikaze character snipe when formed up 3x2 and buffed with Vanhels and/ or the helm for 4-6 KB attacks piled into the mage/ BSB.

RARE - ***pts

1x Varghulf
supports any units away from my lords Vampire bubble

TACTICS:
Deployment:
Generally a refused flank or centre style, with Graveguard on one flank, then the 2 big Ghoul units, bunker unit comes along behind, small ghoul unit sits fairly central or deploys with cav and varghulf, who are generally on the far flank.

Early game:
Small unit of ghouls delays centre (too hitty to ignore, but not enough to warrant a lot of attention), main blocks roll up thier flank and cav/ varghulf try to get past there lines to the rear or at worst, help delay the enemy army. Magic is primarily raising to replace casualties and make the big ghoul units bigger.

Mid-game:
Engage the enemy with main blocks, generally letting them charge me so I can rez/buff and counter-attack in my turn. Cav and vargs hit warmachines or flanks/ rear. Magic focuses on replenishing losses and Vanhels for ghoul re-rolls. Helm buffs the Graveguard (presuming they're in combat) who shouldn't have too much trouble turning the flank and re-forming (as they have the only muso in my army) to roll down the line and support ghouls.

End Game:
Impossible to judge, either mopping up or damage control

So thats the plans/ list, what do you think?

Dreadgrass
25-11-2010, 02:16
So, no comments?

Got a variant list I want to give a spin as well, with a more combat based character:

LORDS - 390pts

Vampire Lord (Lvl.2)
Forbidden Lore (Beasts), Infinite Hatred, DeathKnight
Talisman of Preservation, Black Periapt, BloodDrinker
So, a hybrid Lord steeped for combat, Beasts is primarily for wildform on himself and his unit (making Strengh 6 base and T5), and the +3 strength and attack spell on himself (for copious unit rezzing, 7 strength 8 attacks re-rolling to-hit is bound to hurt just about anything!). All casting on himself/ his unit will be at +1 thanks to being cavalry, I'm highly tempted to make him lvl.3 but not sure where to find the points...

HEROES - 285pts

Vampire Thrall
Master of the Black Arts
Staff of Damnation
So a bit of an experimental build, Main role is Invocation and the lovely Staff of Damnation, though if he happens to roll up a useful spell as well, then so much the better! He also means that pool dice are more readily available for my beasts buffs and Danses which would otherwise be rezzing troops.

Necromancer (Invocation of Nehek)
+1 spell (Vanhels Danse Macabre)
Dispel Scroll
Allround handy support caster.

CORE - 720pts

28x Ghouls
28x Ghouls
Mainline blocks, lots of poisoned attacks

20x Ghouls
Bunker unit for my support mages and 2nd line of offense. Will be the tower unit in case of watchtower scenario.

14x Ghouls
Annoyance/ support unit, had a decent amount of success with them so far. will become the casters bunker in case of Watchtower

SPECIAL - 690pts

35x Grave Guard (Great Weapons) - full command, Banner of the Barrows
Mainline block, will normally be buffed with Van hels for 3+ to hit with re-rolls and 2+ to wound most enemies.

Experimental unit, medium cav that can travel through terrain freely, main roles include seeing off enemy support/ shooting/ warmachines and flank charging units the ghouls get bogged down on for +3 CR (flank, charge, and banner) can also potentially kamikaze character snipe when formed up 3x2 and buffed with Vanhels for 4-6 KB attacks piled into the mage/ BSB.
RARE - 315pts

5x Blood Knights - Standard, Musician, Banner of Hellfire
Lords Bodyguard, 3 strength 5/7 flaming attacks each should be good for dealing with big gribblies and elites alike, and it only gets better with Wildform :evilgrin:

So, what do you think?