PDA

View Full Version : Does your personality match your army?

DarkCube
23-11-2010, 08:11
Been wondering.. how many people play an army based on their personality more so than their playstyle?

I fall under the camp where the fluff and character has to appeal to me in order for me to play an army. I can mold to the playstyle later.

Anyone else?

Hellebore
23-11-2010, 08:14
Hmmm. Well I have a beard, long hair and like beer. So I suppose playing space wolves suits me somewhat.

Hellebore

Simo429
23-11-2010, 08:17
Love of beer - check
Love of fighting - check
big canines - check

seems to be so.

I was only reading your blog earlier when I saw it linked on from the warp and thoroughly enjoyed it keep up the good work.

The Ginger Ninja
23-11-2010, 08:19
Cold, metal, soulless and undead.
That would make me a Cyborg Ginger Vampire.
That only sounds partially like me :p

Lord Damocles
23-11-2010, 08:41
I'm not sure that the question works.
If I'm outgoing, I have an outgoing army? If I'm of a nervous disposition, I have a nervous army? Does such an army even exist?

The Inevitable One
23-11-2010, 08:43
Three things I like:

Food/drink
Sex
Getting even

Guess what my army is? :D

Filthy O'Bedlam
23-11-2010, 08:43
Waist Length Dreadlocks, Big Beard, Forgetting what I'd doing while I'm doing it, Genetic illness, and 12 years diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder.

Yup, Chaos Player

LostTemplar
23-11-2010, 08:47
Cold, uncaring, like artilery. Yes, Iron warriors!

Archibald_TK
23-11-2010, 08:47
I play Tau because I like the models and they are ground for a lot of conversions (I don't have a single Crisis that actually looks like a normal Crisis). But I 'm constantly frustrated when playing that army because I don't like armies that revolve primarily around a perfect deployment and reacting to what your opponent do, I wish I was playing an army that takes the initiative and forces the opponent to react by running into his face.

My first 40k Army was Space Wolves in 2nd Edition. They were cool, they were free, they were the good guys but ****** the system, they were the rebels and I always pictured them riding Harley Davidson. I think I'm a SW player at heart... who plays Tau. :(

DarkCube
23-11-2010, 08:48
Love of beer - check
Love of fighting - check
big canines - check

seems to be so.

I was only reading your blog earlier when I saw it linked on from the warp and thoroughly enjoyed it keep up the good work.

Thanks man, I try.
I play Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Eldar.
I've been a Space Marine player for a very long time because I enjoy the whole elite and manly thing. Over the years I've also turned arrogant, insubordinate and stubborn. That's why Space Wolves is my favorite Space Marine Chapter of all.

Then there's Dark Eldar.. which I desperately needed since my mind needed a perverse and evil army because every game that I've played till this day has been the "good guys".

Space Wolves and Dark Eldar are my ying and yang :)

eyescrossed
23-11-2010, 09:06
Oh, awesome! If my personality fits my armies, then... Oh crap...

I collect Chaos and Dark Eldar :(

Sparowl
23-11-2010, 09:07
Random, loud (mainly because attention should be on me), things seem to work for me when they never would work for other people, and I tend to take things apart and put them back together in different configurations just to see what happens.

Yes, I play Orks.

Astraeos
23-11-2010, 09:07
I wouldn't have thought so, but somehow people are able to guess I play Chaos Space Marines! I wouldn't have said that I'd have anything in common with any of them.

I also play Space Wolves, mainly because I like the opportunities and encouragement for creating characters in the army.

I've started a Wych cult as I much prefer close combat over shooting. Seeing as I'm a fan of horror films, the Codex was a great read for me, it seems nowhere is safe in Commoragh.

Dunno how my Sisters of Battle fit into my personality, I'm not a woman and I steer clear of religion!

Isfimbur
23-11-2010, 09:11
I have come a cross some chaos players who has had an problem with "the man" and authority. And I have met a couple of Ork player who have had a laid back "devil may care" attitude towards life and just doing what they enjoy the most. I have had a discussion or two with imperials who belived that the end justifies the means. But can I say that my Orks reflect me as a person? No, I can not.

TheLaughingGod
23-11-2010, 09:26
Hmmm. Yeah.
Ulthwe Eldar, Dark Eldar and Dark Angels.

I'm a cheerful chap. Not.

Grimtuff
23-11-2010, 09:38
I do what the OP is getting at in a way, just as with the phenomenon of Dogs looking like their owners we have gamers that start to look like their (main) armies. ;)

Getifa
23-11-2010, 09:45
I'm quiet and rarely interact with others, unless they are part of my inner circle. I often manipulate people in order to bring to pass a conclusion that may take years to bear fruit. I appear to most people to be unnaturally calm, But also have a raging temper that can appear out of nowhere.

Yes, thats right. I play Orks. Although I am just about to start Dark Eldar.

Zweischneid
23-11-2010, 09:45
Guess I am also conflicted. My longest 40K-love as well are the Tau. I adore the models and the background (for the most part). Yet, the way Tau play is deeply unsatisfying in the current 40K-ruleset.

I currently do enjoy more robust & aggressive armies, i.e. power armour and close combat; notably aggressive Chaos Space Marines.

However, I'd assume this is less a personality-thing as a bias somewhat inherent in the 40k-ruleset that makes the latter more enjoyable to play than the former. I don't necessarly play "aggressive" by default in other games.

Hendarion
23-11-2010, 09:46
1) Do I like pointy ears? No.
2) Do I like bright and clean environment? No.
3) Do I like taming my feelings? No.
4) Do I like huffy nobles? No.
5) Do I like long robe cloths? No.
6) Do I like top knots? No.

Damn, why the hell am I playing Eldar and only Eldar? Every army's fluff is cool or interesting to me, but I simply love Eldar design.

DYoung
23-11-2010, 10:16
I play Eldar, Orks, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Necrons, Black Templars, Tau, Ultramarines, Chaos Daemons and Dark Eldar. I also have a smattering of Tyranid and Imperial Guard models.
What type of personality do I have?

Hellebore
23-11-2010, 10:32
I play Eldar, Orks, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Necrons, Black Templars, Tau, Ultramarines, Chaos Daemons and Dark Eldar. I also have a smattering of Tyranid and Imperial Guard models.

A busy one? Or perhaps aggressively confused?

Hellebore

DYoung
23-11-2010, 10:43
A busy one? Or perhaps aggressively confused?

Hellebore

Haha since I have so much time to assemble all these armies I'm probably not that busy. Aggressively confused is a definite possibility. ADD maybe?

Bestaltan
23-11-2010, 10:48
Will I eat everything within range on a table? Yep.

Looks like it's Tyranids for me!

In all seriousness, though, I prefer playing armies that are aggressive and bold, because that's how I play all strategy games. My Orks and Tyranids match that game-playing philosophy quite well.

Ba'al Starslayer
23-11-2010, 10:50
I play Dark Eldar (There is a hidden Dark Eldar in all of us :p) but my primary army fits me well (I've been playing them for 13 years!) ...

- Stubborn
- Very Faithful (Belief-wise)
- Close combat maniac (Fencing, swordplay etc)
- Righteous/Vengeful
- I have a fascination of medieval Knightly "Orders" (Hospitaliers, St John, Templars, etc... Oops, I said it! :p)

DYoung
23-11-2010, 10:59
I play Dark Eldar (There is a hidden Dark Eldar in all of us :p) but my primary army fits me well (I've been playing them for 13 years!) ...

- Stubborn
- Very Faithful (Belief-wise)
- Close combat maniac (Fencing, swordplay etc)
- Righteous/Vengeful
- I have a fascination of medieval Knightly "Orders" (Hospitaliers, St John, Templars, etc... Oops, I said it! :p)

Sorry this isn't to do with what you said but that thing underneath your post (don't know what it's called), with the 300 reference, made me laugh hard.

Chem-Dog
23-11-2010, 11:56
If I'm of a nervous disposition, I have a nervous army? Does such an army even exist?

Tau :D

Damn, why the hell am I playing Eldar and only Eldar? Every army's fluff is cool or interesting to me, but I simply love Eldar design.

Opposites attract ;)

A split one? :p

In answer to the OP, I play IG mainly and have done in one way or another since RT, my first army (again in RT era) Was Blood Angels and I've fiddled about with them in all of their various incarnations. About 10 years ago I started building an Imperial Fists army and I've fairly recently decided to pick up my long standing desire for a Slaanesh army with a Daemons force.

What does this say about me?
I'm patient and don't mind taking a few hits for the team.
I'm prone to explosive outbursts of temper.
I'm stubborn as a mule.
I'm a deviant. :evilgrin:

LonelyPath
23-11-2010, 12:45
I am very gothic in mind and body so Vampire Counts and Dark Angels fit me there.

I see fun in almost everything, so Orks. My WAAAGH! also has a support band called Gorkoroth when they go into battle (I also love extreme metal).

I have strong interests in theology, so Grey Knights, Monk Marines (DA) and CSM.

I have plans to take over the world, so Nids (lol).

I've yet to work out why I play Guard, but there has to be a reason besides "I like the tanks" heheheh.

DaSpaceAsians
23-11-2010, 12:52
I'm loud like heavy artillery
Failure is not an option, but death is
I like shooting
Numbers are not important only the result
I like crushing stuff underneath my boots
I prefer being on the defensive

Yup Imperial Guard is for me

Godzooky
23-11-2010, 12:53
I have plans to take over the world, so Nids (lol).

Surely this would be more fitting an army if you had plans to consume all of the planet's biomass.

Apologies if this is your intention. Please don't eat me. :cries:

Wade Wilson
23-11-2010, 12:56
Mate - check
Feed - check
kill? - uhh..maybe not
Repeat

= Tyranids...or a Slipknot fan...

Bunnahabhain
23-11-2010, 13:16
Very patient.
Fed up with fighting a faceless, incompetant, endless bureaucracy.
Results matter more than how you get there.

Yes, I'm a guard player...

Venkh
23-11-2010, 13:16
I go for opposites

I play Dark elves and Eldar but in real life I'm a gullible, guilless, simpleton.

Although I am a bit cautious to commit to anything so I guess I am an ideal candidate for avoid/shoot hammer.

EndlessDays
23-11-2010, 13:17
I'm fairly antisocial apart from a close group of friends.
Would rather remove outsiders then get to know them.
Mildly intelligent, can be loud when with friends.

I play Necrons... And soon Orks.
No idea what the connection is there.
I kinda guess Orks fit?

I honestly play Necrons because I love the models and want to play Orks for the great fluff and background.

And the models aren't to shabby either.

ColShaw
23-11-2010, 13:31
I believe in duty, courage, and honor.
I believe in facing danger, even if unequipped for it.
I believe in fighting for my comrades.

Imperial Guard forever!

deadly claris
23-11-2010, 13:53
well I love old art (renesans) I love angels , I love pretty and nice armor
red is one of my favrit colors , and i like blonde hair and beautiful looking men (NO om not gay I have a girlfrend )
soo yeeh I play blood angels

totgeboren
23-11-2010, 14:05
If the personality of anyone here really did match their army, I don't think they would get any games in whatsoever, since that require at least a moderate amount of social ability.

However, I understand what the op is getting at. My oldest army is my Word Bearers, had them since 2:ed.
At a glance they are the exact opposite of me, but on the other hand they mirror exactly what religion is to me. That subject is something I'm quite passionate about, so in a reversed way they mirror my personality.

They are a plausible "Bad Guy", and I have always enjoyed playing the devils advocate, (studied philosophy for two years).

My other army is my Orks. I'm an engineer who practice mma, mekboy much? ;)

Ivellis
23-11-2010, 15:00
Well, I play Eldar, Tyranids and hopefully Dark Eldar soon. I also am watching out for the next Chaos and Tau codices to see if they'll be worth getting back into.

My main trait seems to be the fact that I use logic before emotion. I suppose that kind of fits with Tyranids and maybe the Craftworlders.

Earthbeard
23-11-2010, 16:05
I'm Ginger, have a big beard and long Hair = Space Wolves so a tick.
I'm also a very much a glass halffull kind of guy, prone to temper, and growing a nice middle aged paunch = Chaos/Nurgle.

Why have I started a Tau army?

RunepriestRidcully
23-11-2010, 16:28
I have Space wolves, Grey knight and Thousand Sons, and am thinking of perhaps a small Iyanden army. I am the hairest guy in my year (yr13), so much people call me a bear, yet am a bookworm (people make jokes about me stealing books) history is my favorite subject am apliying for Ancient history and archaealogy at uni) my favourite animals are wolves/cats (though I tend to like most) guess I am an agnostic, and am not keen on getting drunk and am a mongrel on music (stuff avenged severnfold, jazz, ominous chanting(any language) nightwish, any thing dramatic) and my favorite authors are Terry Pratchet and Dante and I play the trombone. I do seem to be a mixture of Space wolf and Thousand Sons, not sure how the Grey knights and Inquisition fit in though.. perhaps signs of MPD?

Lars Porsenna
23-11-2010, 16:43
For 40K I have:

-Space Marines (Salamanders & Raven Guard)
-Eldar (Saim-hann)
-Necrons
-Chaos Space marines (World Eaters, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion)

And have started (or intend to start):
-Sisters of Battle
-Traitor Guard
-Dark Eldar

And for Fantasy I have:
-High Elfs
-Wood Elfs
-Dark Elfs
-Dwarfs
-Night Goblins
-Ogre Kingdoms

And have started (or intend to start):
-Daemons (Tzeentch, though Khorne is tempting too)

Make what conclusions that you will...

Damon.

roadkizzle
23-11-2010, 16:49
Hm... Lets see if I can dissect my armies and personality traits, going through my armies from earliest to now.

IG - early 3ed -honestly just started them because my friends who got me into warhammer suggested them to me. I didn't know anything about the different races, and they said the guard were good. Generic guard weren't really my choice, and don't seem to fit me much.

Catachans - Had started the ig with boxes of metal Catachans, so when the codex came out, it seemed like a no-brainer. After reading the fluff, and rules I realized this aspect of the guard were more ideal for me. I didn't like just hiding at the back corner shooting. I feel that if possible, sneaking, and close range firefights supported by close combat (I'm fascinated with swords and bladed weapons much more than guns) are much more ideal than gunlines. Interestingly, I never won games with my ig until I started using the Catachans codex, and after had a mostly winning record.

Tyranids I initially played because the models were so cool looking (started playing when first 3rd models were released. With these Nids I started exploring more of my fascination with the ways to explore nonconventional methods. Early on, I played around with creating shooty nid armies (only using two monstrous creatures though), and was fairly successful when online this type of armybuild was considered extremely weak. I also loved creating marine killer armies where every single model was initiative 5, and at least str 5, and I consistently tabled nurgle CSMs.

I then took a year or two break.

Came back to Catachans with 4ed IG codex, but after a short stint at all-infantry army switched mostly to...

Emperors children -4ed- from here on out, I havematured more, so my armies will be showcasing more aspects of my personality.
I am an engineer, and have an obsession with balance, and am much more interested in speed and precision (of the attack, as opposed to brute force), so in my army I always strived for a perfect balance of shooty with hand to hand fighting, with the close combat centering around the speed of the kill overwhelming the opponents defenses as opposed to overwhelming strength. I've never used a power fist in the army.

I am almost finished with an arbites army, I am not a big fan of the police normally, but strive to do what is right in a lawful mindset. I also just love the peace keeper riot shield/shotgun setup.

Although I despise conventional horror movies, I am really interested in dark material, be it movies, books, music, or comedy. I have always loved the dark eldar background and concept. The reason why I never started playing them until now has been that I hate the feeling of playing an army relying upon the placement of a web way portal to overpower the enemy. Now that the hellions can be troops, I'm finally starting an army of at least pseudo bikers, which I have been fascinated since I learned of the Mongolian army and other horse mounted hit and run, maneueverable armies.

MorningLightMountain
23-11-2010, 16:49
I love the company of other men. I'm fascinated by the long, upstanding barrels of artillery guns. Slightly obsessed by men in uniform. I like the idea that after the battle my soldiers are just normal guys, living together, showering and eating down together. No women around at all. Sometimes sleeping out under the stars sharing bodily warmth, sometimes in the bunkhouse maybe with a pillowfight before bed, all in matching tight white cotton pajamas.

Life in the Imperial Guard, yes please!

LonelyPath
23-11-2010, 17:18
Surely this would be more fitting an army if you had plans to consume all of the planet's biomass.

Apologies if this is your intention. Please don't eat me. :cries:

Stop giving me ideas, I get enough of those all on my own, lol! :D

However, I am now wondering how a tree sandwich would taste with ketchup...

Thud
23-11-2010, 17:50
I don't think I'm better than everyone else, I know I am.

Eldar. ;)

Nah, seriously though, I play Eldar because I like the way they look and because I like the mobility based tactics. :)

Grimtuff
23-11-2010, 18:25
I am the hairest guy in my year (yr13), so much people call me a bear

I *really* think you should look up what "Bear" means in this case. ;)

Lord of Divine Slaughter
23-11-2010, 21:05
Since I'm the pinnacle of human evolution and have perfect morals, I chose the Ordo Malleus.

Sadly, we live in dark times :p

WEEVILWOOD
23-11-2010, 21:14
As im at university studying to be a mental health nurse its worrying that my armies are Dark Eldar and Vampire Counts, please feel pity for my patients :)

Grimtuff
23-11-2010, 21:15
As im at university studying to be a mental health nurse its worrying that my armies are Dark Eldar and Vampire Counts, please feel pity for my patients :)

Only if you play Haemonculi cult and Necrarchs respectively. ;)

WEEVILWOOD
23-11-2010, 21:19
Only if you play Haemonculi cult and Necrarchs respectively. ;)

Well um... yes, if your ever in need of a check up, you know ...

spiderman5z
23-11-2010, 23:18
Slowly rotting from the inside Check
Love of creating disease Check
Loves carnivals Check
... oh wait...
Doesn't really work for nurgle....

zendral
23-11-2010, 23:50
1. Loves Egyptian Mythology
2. Has an instinct to prevent the destruction of all literature (even ones I utterly despise)
3. Loves using guile and deception as weapons
4. Feels most at peace in a library
...and yet...body like a space wolf. Meh, Tzeentch loves irony I suppose.

Mephiston#1
24-11-2010, 00:38
I'm generally well tempered but sometimes i give in to the red thirst, which apparently i can control decently well as i have not gone over to the black rage .... yet.

I like things to look good (in terms of art, physique, etc.), and always strive to do the right thing (tha's right, i'm noble).

Now i always have a plan going into things and while i'm of calm demeanor, my aggressive nature (i.e. impatience) sometimes rears its ugly head and i charge headlong and scrap the plans ... good thing i'm not a devestator;)

It's pretty clear, i would be a blood angel.

Hey that's the army i play too ... what a coincidence.

Nubl0
24-11-2010, 00:58
I hope I dont come across like a black templar... Intolerant, genocidal, berzerk. Naaah thay aint me, doesnt mean I don't love the whole crusader theme though :P

noobzilla
24-11-2010, 02:20
My IG army creates a "Wall of Steel" with all the vehicles it has. My friends tell me that I am the "Man of Steel" because of my very firm and resolute nature and "steelish" attitude towards life, so I'd say that my IG fits me very well.

As for my Tyranids, I have no idea what the connection between them and me is.

Electrix
24-11-2010, 03:42
My main army is Blood Angels and they were the first I picked. Continually trying to control your darker urges is something everyone can relate to, I think =D

Necromion
24-11-2010, 04:36
lets see for my army...
I am a fan of the whole death by technology/army of machines, I collect gladiator armor and weapons, I do consider myself to be rather sadistic, I do tend to be rather gothic, horror has just always appealed to me.
So all that considered I guess my choice of Necrons and Dark Eldar are appropirate

eyescrossed
24-11-2010, 05:04
I have Space wolves, Grey knight and Thousand Sons, and am thinking of perhaps a small Iyanden army. I am the hairest guy in my year (yr13), so much people call me a bear, yet am a bookworm (people make jokes about me stealing books) history is my favorite subject am apliying for Ancient history and archaealogy at uni) my favourite animals are wolves/cats (though I tend to like most) guess I am an agnostic, and am not keen on getting drunk and am a mongrel on music (stuff avenged severnfold, jazz, ominous chanting(any language) nightwish, any thing dramatic) and my favorite authors are Terry Pratchet and Dante and I play the trombone. I do seem to be a mixture of Space wolf and Thousand Sons, not sure how the Grey knights and Inquisition fit in though.. perhaps signs of MPD?

Are you from anywhere in New Zealand?

comradeda
24-11-2010, 05:16
My army is fast, aggressive, and has lots of firepower. I am not. I only have a ruger mark 3.

Silent_Moebius
24-11-2010, 05:45
I eat, what is put on the table ... so Nids :D

Grubnar
24-11-2010, 07:35
Yes.

I am a simple straight forward kind of guy.

agurus1
24-11-2010, 07:53
hmmm...

I value courage honor, and defending the weak, also I have a fixation for close combat (fencing and the like) and red is a favorite color so Blood Angels
Discipline and stoicism in the face of insurmountable odds so IG (for me vostroyans with a CC flair a'la Straken)
and finally for those moments when my darker side takes ahold of me... Dark Eldar :p

Spiney Norman
24-11-2010, 09:19
Hmmm, I must be a bit schizophrenic, I collect Witch hunters, Necrons & Dark Eldar...

eyescrossed
24-11-2010, 10:45
I value courage honor, and defending the weak, also I have a fixation for close combat (fencing and the like) and red is a favorite color so Blood Angels

Black Rage at all? Red Thirst?

3 0f 6
24-11-2010, 12:21
Three things I like:

Food/drink
Sex
Getting even

Guess what my army is? :D

Sister's of battle?
SMURFs?

landingshortly
24-11-2010, 16:28
... somewhat bored with all the stuff people at uni, work, etc. talk because i had those thoughts aeons ago: check.
... extremely thoughtful at planning ahead and surprising others: check.
... well-prepared: check.

i play eldar and elves. all kinds of them.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
24-11-2010, 17:08
... somewhat bored with all the stuff people at uni, work, etc. talk because i had those thoughts aeons ago: check.
... extremely thoughtful at planning ahead and surprising others: check.
... well-prepared: check.

i play eldar and elves. all kinds of them.

Overly arrogant, and self assured...

Nah, I'm just giving you a hard time. :)

I play Guard and Daemonhunters regularly, have a necron force that basically collects dust, and will likely join the dark side and throw together a Word Bearers Daemon heavy CSM force when the new, rumored completely GK centric Grey Knights codex comes out. I think the only thing these armies all have in common is that they all see the guard as completely expendable (in various ways).

This in no way informs the fact that I can't help but giggle sinisterly when my commissars execute my own men.

noT_Him
24-11-2010, 17:15
There was a Polish reserch in thet matter. Its pendding publication so the acctual data cannot be showed yet. As soon as it gets out I'll drop you all a line and get you a copy ( if any one is interested )

Korraz
24-11-2010, 17:34
I'm a sophisticated artist and I tend to get *********** angry quite quickly, among other things. So yes, Blood Angels fit.

Rip
24-11-2010, 18:55
I fall under the camp where the fluff and character has to appeal to me in order for me to play an army. I can mold to the playstyle later.

Anyone else?

Yep. Same with video games where you get to choose characters of different abilities. I pick who I like and adapt to their strengths and weaknesses.

RunepriestRidcully
24-11-2010, 19:35
Are you from anywhere in New Zealand?
Nope, Gloucestershire in England, do I seem very New Zealandish (never been there so have no idea.) I play Lizardmen, with lots of Saurus for fantasy and Numenorians for LOTR, are they a further sign of madness?

Venerable Player
24-11-2010, 19:47
When I started in 1995 I wanted to play Space Marines. Ultramerines were "taken" by someone else, so I took "the other codex". I'm stuck with Space Wolves since then although I haven't played in years.

I like beer, metal and have long hair. I don't follow the system-rules all the time, but have my own set of rules I obey. I also have a sense for tradition, like snow and big canines.

I guess I'm fine with my Wolves!

Nezalhualixtlan
24-11-2010, 19:58
I'm not insectile, nor slimy, or a slave to a communal mind.

But I'm a huge fan of science, and Tyranids are like evolution on steroids.

So, fitting enough.

kane40k
24-11-2010, 20:02
Sex, 'Alcohol', Music and fine arts in general, Anarchist.... yeh chaos suits me quite well...

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

Scelerat
24-11-2010, 20:23
As a psychologist -and a radical behaviourist-, I can't help rolling my eyes at every "what does X say about me!" question. Personality is just a descriptive concept, it' not explicative and it certainly does not "determine" anything nor it is "determined" by anything.
The army you play doesn't say anything about you except you like that army for whatever reasons (that could be debatable). The colour of your clothes doesn't say anything about you, except that you're wearing blue, for example. Same goes for many other typical Cosmopolitan nonsense.

But, to stop being pedantic, I'll play along.
I sure as hell hope I'm never pre-judged because of the armies I play. Dark, High and Wood Elves, Tomb Kings, Skaven, Daemons of Slaanesh, Eldar, Tau and Dark Eldar. Good luck drawing conclusions from that :)

The Inevitable One
24-11-2010, 22:23
Sister's of battle?
SMURFs?

Nope. Dark Eldar.

eyescrossed
24-11-2010, 22:34
Nope, Gloucestershire in England, do I seem very New Zealandish (never been there so have no idea.)madness?

Oh, I see.

Not really... I don't even know how I got to that conclusion :p

madness?
THIS. IS. SPARTA!

Chris_
24-11-2010, 23:43
My personality definitely does not represent my army, at least not the 40k one :D Dark Eldar...

Tomb Kings on the other hand... Self-centered know-it-alls and want to conquer the world? Maybe ;)

Fallen DA
25-11-2010, 00:38
Not telling you... It's a secret.... :shifty:

eyescrossed
25-11-2010, 02:14
My personality definitely does not represent my army, at least not the 40k one :D Dark Eldar...

Tomb Kings on the other hand... Self-centered know-it-alls and want to conquer the world? Maybe ;)

Your second line actually represents Dark Eldar quite well :p

Friedrich von Offenbach
25-11-2010, 05:53
Have a tendency to answer every thing with more soldiers - check!
Believe I am totally indestructible - check!
Come from a noble family - close enough!
Yes, I think i would make a very good imperial officer who sits continents behind the front line and drinks tea all day

Silent Surrender
25-11-2010, 06:12
I feel I have alot in common with a plague bearer. Im obsessive compulsive, kinda slow both mentally and physically, have strange undiagnosed virulent diseases flowing through my veins, loyal and fat.

TrojanWolf
25-11-2010, 10:13
I'm thin, possessed of a contempt for most people I see and think it's fair for women to be in positions of power. I also wish most of the aforementioned people horrific fates.

Yeah, I'm a Dark Eldar player all right.

I'll also eat quite a bit and like animals. Combined with some of the above, it makes sense that I would play Skaven.

Garven Dreis
25-11-2010, 20:44
I love firepower, and I'm very methodical with what I do, so kind of like Iron Warriors.

Pooky
26-11-2010, 01:13
Personality traits:
Likes doing what is right
Like martial pride and physical prowess
Understands the need for self reflection/ regulation
Can be prone to jealousy
Sometimes obsessive

I plays Space Marines and am about to start Chaos... Yeah, that sounds about right...

Spell_of_Destruction
26-11-2010, 02:03
I think someone people have taken this too literally - "I play Dark Eldar so I must enjoy torturing people?!! :wtf: WTF?!!".

Few people will pick their armies at random and the army will in some (if limited) way reflect the personality of the player.

I'm quite into Nietzsche and have always thought that Elves/Eldar are fairly representative of the noble spirit and culture espoused by the concept of the overman. Hence they're my favourite armies in WHFB and 40k.

eyescrossed
26-11-2010, 02:13
If you're referring to me, Spell, I was joking :p

Admiral Koppenflak
26-11-2010, 04:04
Methodical, to-the-point, slightly-left-of-Ghengis-Khan, dry humour, pragmatic, forward planning, practical, proud, and a firm belief in uniform discipline behind an overwhelming front of brutal shock and awe...

Imperial Guard Armoured Regiment. Based on Germans. With black uniforms.

(Oi! I'm not COMPLETELY insensitive. I forgo the use of certain iconography...)

Bingo the Fun Monkey
26-11-2010, 06:22
I'm thoughtful, fit, organized, ambitious, possessed of a sense of duty and civic responsibility and have a firm belief in the manifest superiority of the human race. I don't care if some alien civilization has achieved world/system/galactic peace and equality for all and have collectively ascended to Nirvana. We're better. We'll take their utopia and shove it up their sissy alien orifices and pave big human roads to drive big human vehicles on 'em so we can show each other (and not the dead aliens) how awesome we are.

I collect Armageddon Steel Legion.

Kurgash
26-11-2010, 06:53
I'm cold, methodical and I silently gather information on situations before committing myself to a course of action, bailing out if the move proves to be against the best course of action.

That or I just want to thrash someone's face in with nearby blunt objects shouting at the top of my lungs.

Necrons and Berzerker hordes for me then.