PDA

View Full Version : God King and another new Abnett video..

reds8n
23-11-2010, 10:47
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXkc4QGtuxU

2. http://www.graham-mcneill.com/gmblog/PermaLink,guid,0a667050-a7d9-494a-98ae-37ae53d3d88d.aspx

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2ICvnyVFw

is this enough words yet..?

sabbathstevie
23-11-2010, 11:55
Liked the God King extract - I've just pre-ordered it! Graham seems to be doing a better job of making Nagash as terrfying as he should be than Mike Lee has so far managed with the Nagash books.

And its nice to see Krell featured - recent fluff (including Nathan Long's Zombieslayer) seems to forget that Krell initially served Nagash (and probably still does, whether Kemmler likes it or not) so its good to see him really living up to the horror that he really should be

Tregar
25-11-2010, 14:54
Awesome, indeed. And more love for Krell! He did seem a bit like a pantomime villain in Zombieslayer, but then Gotrek and Felix are pantomime books at times. I thought Krell initially was a Chaos Warrior though?

"Final battle between life and death" apparently. Well I guess the Vampire wars never happened after all ;)

sabbathstevie
26-11-2010, 08:38
Yes, Krell was originally a chaos warrior and I think caused the dwarfs a lot of grief. When the 2nd incarnation of Nagash came north looking for his crown, he found Krell's tomb and raised him.

Hopefully Arkhan the black will make some sort of appearance too - never heard of the vampire mentioned in the extract. Infact, I thought the reason nagash cursed vampires against the name of Sigmar was because they refused to come to his aid? Or was it only the big guys (Nef, Abhorash, vashanesh etc) who didn't respond but he still had a host of weaker vamps?

Tregar
20-12-2010, 21:51
Well, finished God King, pretty good read. G had a good go at making it all epic-like, the Empire did feel on the verge of ruin. Krell was badass as he should be, but who the hell is this Khaled guy anyway?!

Ka Faraq Gatri
21-12-2010, 16:55
Hopefully Arkhan the black will make some sort of appearance too - never heard of the vampire mentioned in the extract. Infact, I thought the reason nagash cursed vampires against the name of Sigmar was because they refused to come to his aid? Or was it only the big guys (Nef, Abhorash, vashanesh etc) who didn't respond but he still had a host of weaker vamps?

There are always those, among humans or vampires, willing to serve a greater power for the promise of power for themselves.

As for cursing vampires to be afraid of the name of Sigmar and the sigil of the hammer? God King has a slightly different take on that whole deal, and one that fits extremely well with one of the themes of the book, not to mention the title.

sabbathstevie
31-12-2010, 16:28
Finally got round to finishing God King. Enjoyed it immensely, McNeill really did capture the terrifying evil that is Nagash quite well.

If I'm picky, it would have been nice to see a bit more of a build up on Nagash's story - like how he discovered and made camp of Athel Tamara. Having said that, this book is from the Empire's point of view and it makes sense that he just "appeared" and started marching from the South.

I like how Graham tidied up that whole "whodunnit" that has oft been debated before in this forum - how Nagash's crown made it to Todtheim!