PDA

View Full Version : What army would you LEAST like to come up against in real life?

EndlessDays
23-11-2010, 14:23
Not sure if this has been done before, but like the title says. What army would you do ANYTHING to stay away from if we lived in the time of Warhammer 40,000?

Personally I'm still tossing up over either the Nids or Dark Eldar.

With the Nids it's an incredibly gruesome and terrifying leadup to the fight of your life and if you blink for too long you'll most likely end up being torn to shreds in the monsters jaws.

Where as with the Dark Eldar you'll probably end up a slave or a torture subject till the end of your like who get's experimented on daily and eventually thrown into a gladiatorial pit to be torn apart by all manner of beast or wych.

I'd probably rather fight Nids and die quickly rather then be tortured for the rest of my life.
So Dark Eldar for me.

Your turn :)

Godzooky
23-11-2010, 14:27
Not sure if this has been done before, but like the title says. What army would you do ANYTHING to stay away from if we lived in the time of Warhammer 40,000?

Personally I'm still tossing up over either the Nids or Dark Eldar.

With the Nids it's an incredibly gruesome and terrifying leadup to the fight of your life and if you blink for too long you'll most likely end up being torn to shreds in the monsters jaws.

Where as with the Dark Eldar you'll probably end up a slave or a torture subject till the end of your like who get's experimented on daily and eventually thrown into a gladiatorial pit to be torn apart by all manner of beast or wych.

I'd probably rather fight Nids and die quickly rather then be tortured for the rest of my life.
So Dark Eldar for me.

Your turn :)

Yeah, probably 'Nids for me. I'd opt to turn tail and leg it so the nearest commissar put one between my eyes before the gribblies got me.

razcalking
23-11-2010, 14:29
Meh, at least the Nids will make it quick. Dark Eldar for me. Not a big fan of torture.

Wade Wilson
23-11-2010, 14:39
Nids. Dark Eldar. Daemons of Chaos.

As has beem said, at least with tyranids its over fairly quickly, heck on modern Earth we would probably all die of suffocation from poisoned spores before we even saw a single guant.

Death by prolonged torture...sound fun it does not, so let us nuke the damn goth elves...and the poor millions they have enslaved. Hell we would be doing them a favour. but at least the dark eldar would most likely run off with a few hundred thousand then leave the rest for later...

Daemons though...they can morph the entire world into one living eternal undying nightmare....some of the CODEX fluff is pretty brutal.

Silent_Moebius
23-11-2010, 14:41
Nids for me. They will fight on your planet, until completly whiped out. And even then, you could die to some termagants, which were lurking in the shadow - so no save place here anymore. And when you fight them, you will be alone - no communication to get help.

Dark Eldar in the other case will make an attack and take what they can get in their fingers. After one attack, they will go away. So, you have a chance of surviving that.

Demons on the other side can be such as dangerous as Nids. They will appear and rip you apart. And then, they will change the terran to their gods style. Not such good as well.

Off topic, but thinking of armies I don't want to fight, there are armies I want to fight: Eldar. Maybe they come and we can speak with each other and get a free settlement to another planet :D

Nubl0
23-11-2010, 14:46
Every army is pretty brutal tbh and I think all would be equally terrifying to face if this was a case of them invading our mordern day earth. However if I really, really have to pick it would either be Daemons oooooor Dark eldar.. or nids... or orks.. maybe black templars. Oh I dunno :D

deadly claris
23-11-2010, 14:56
Dark eldar or Chaos nurgel marines/deamons

The Decayed
23-11-2010, 15:05
Inquisitorial Witch Hunters.
I have 2 Chaos Stars tattooed on me, so I'd definately get the worst treatment from them...

ColShaw
23-11-2010, 15:21
Dark Eldar. Most of the other races will just kill you. Dark Eldar? They kill you if you're LUCKY.

EndlessDays
23-11-2010, 15:24
It's seeming pretty unanimous that no one ever wants to have to come across some Dark Eldar... or have them come across us rather.
For damn good reason too.

Spirit
23-11-2010, 15:38
Dark eldar for me also.

At least nids just eat you, digest you and crap you out as more nids!

Slashattack
23-11-2010, 15:39
I'd have to say necrons as they'd gradually rip off every atom and quark off your body with gauss weapons fire. Followed by annhilating all life on a planet and leave nothing left, plus there would be no evidence of what had happened.

Malagate
23-11-2010, 15:44
Well it's an issue of what we know versus what we don't know what an army would do to us, f'rinstance we know that 'nids will just eat ya, most imperials will either kill ya or "reform" us lucky humans, Orks will just kill ya, Tau will make us space commies/kill us/eat us (Kroot), Eldar will either ignore/kill. It's only the stuff like Chaos Marines/Daemons (who do torture too by the way, but also torture your very soul), Dark Eldar (where people say death would be a gift...and boring) and Necrons (who we have no idea what they would do with you, re: reports of large number of civvies being teleported away).

Probably a toss up between Dark Eldar and Chaos, everyone else either wouldn't be too bothered about you or would just kill you out of hand, also we definately know that those two do very painful and horrible things to normal people for a very long time.

Shards of Basalt
23-11-2010, 15:49
Dark Eldar, possibly Chaos.

Dark Eldar in the other case will make an attack and take what they can get in their fingers. After one attack, they will go away. So, you have a chance of surviving that.

As of the new Codex that's not actually true, there's instances of them taking the populations of entire worlds.

MorningLightMountain
23-11-2010, 16:13
Yeah Dark Eldar or something Nurgley

JonnyX
23-11-2010, 16:55
Dark Eldar, i dont like my soul being trapped for eternity particularly

Uberskooper
23-11-2010, 17:18
Don't the Daemons of Chaos appear as whatever is most disturbing to whoever is fighting them? I remember reading a story where a Krieg soldier saw Slaaneshi daemons as former lovers and stuff like that. That would be pretty disturbing.

Nezalhualixtlan
23-11-2010, 21:15
Tyranids would be terrifying, Necrons could be too, and so would a Nurgle infestation or probably any Daemon attack for that matter...

But like most others, Dark Eldar. You could and mostly likely would die quick if messy or gruesomely to the others, but a quick death is extremely lucky if the DE grab you.

Brotheroracle
23-11-2010, 21:37
Two words, plague zombies. With nurgle your either fighting plague zombies or super warriors, and to top it off get one scratch and the infection will get you.

The_Peacemaker
23-11-2010, 22:19
I think necrones would be the most scary.
You kill one and it gets back up - if that doesn't make you drop your rifle and run then I don't know what would. Combine that with the Gauss weaponry flaying your atoms.

Fighting a tyranid invasion would probably be fun - think starship troopers!
Fight a lone genestealer onboard a rogue trader vessal would be scary - think Alien!

At least against chaos if you play your cards right you can join them, become a traitor, and maybe even a space marine!

Dark eldar- never mind being carried away as a torture slave - dying in battle wouldn't be that great considering most of their weapons are poisned shots, filled with the most leathal toxin desiniged to kill you in the most horrific way.

tu33y
23-11-2010, 22:20
emporers children....

there are bits of me that are "exit only" baby....

dark eldar would be unpleasant too.

shinankoku
23-11-2010, 22:56
DE, obviously, but everyone's missing a big one: would you really want to run afoul of the Inquistion? I mean, if yer fighting one, chances are you're in for a world of hurt if you live (a lot like DE, no?)

Gen.Steiner
23-11-2010, 23:36
Tyranids. Arrrrgh! The very thought sends chills down my spine. Then Necrons, for much the same reasons (implacable horror from beyond the stars!), then Dark Eldar.

Wraith86
24-11-2010, 00:04
I would have to say any of the imperium army as they would go along the line of believe what we tell you to believe or we'll take you away torture you until you betray your self and any other who think along the same line as you. If your really unlucky after this you get lobotomized and turn in to a half-dead living mule. Hope for a swift death.

where to dark eldar they may not make it quick but pain and suffering just makes cultivate rage and attempt to escape, probably won't succeed but your still able to hate them.

orks, nids, necrons will kill you, maybe play with you a little first.

Eldar if your significant will help you, otherwise ignore you or kill you quickly

Chaos will give you what you desire until you can't live without it, at which point your theirs but in the same breath you won't care. Or kill and torture you if your lucky that order.

tau of you join them will be helped supplied and care for, if next will make you reget going against them but atleast let you leave to never return. If they haven't killed you.

I don't think I'm missing anyone

Chem-Dog
24-11-2010, 01:32
Dark Eldar without a doubt, most armies want to kill you dead and/or eat you, Dark Eldar will do both after having made you hurt, a lot. And probably in reverse order, so you can watch :(:cries::eek::skull:

Nubl0
24-11-2010, 01:40
If the dark eldar were to invade, just run straight the the nearest incubi. He will kill you quickly and efficiently, thus saving you from a horrible torture (much to the dissapointment of his fellow Dark eldar). Or if your really lucky you might come across Lileth or Drazhar.

RaveWolf9
24-11-2010, 02:07
I think fighting a Daemon Army is pretty crappy cuz they deep strike 2nd turn leaving you vulnerable to all sides too, But necrons are pretty tough to kill to

Meriwether
24-11-2010, 02:34
I would tape a gun to my hand and then to my temple, and then if anyone so much as spoke to or looked at me I would pull the trigger. It's the only way to avoid a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad death in the 40K universe.

Wraith86
24-11-2010, 04:28
I would tape a gun to my hand and then to my temple, and then if anyone so much as spoke to or looked at me I would pull the trigger. It's the only way to avoid a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad death in the 40K universe.

true but if you tape the gun wrong you can trap your self in your own blood suffering all the sensations your body is having... say being devoured by rippers.

Angelust
24-11-2010, 04:32
I guess Cyanide capsules in the tooth could help out.

I wouldn't mind getting killed by some DE stuff, it's all those slavers I'd worry about. I think the ugly ones die fast though, no?

Necromion
24-11-2010, 05:13
Personally I think being made into a pariah by the necrons or having to suffer the pleasures of the C'tan would suck personally.

Hive Fleet Snackin'
24-11-2010, 06:03
Chaos. At least with 'nids, Dark Eldar, 'crons, there is a tangible threat that you can see and put forth a fight against, even though your efforts will fail terribly.

With Chaos, the taint will drive you and/or your friends and family into insane, self-dismembering whack jobs. I doubt you'd even get to see a marine before you've lost your mind and ripped your family to shreds or had the same done to you by someone you love or know.

Penitent Engine
24-11-2010, 06:35
Nids are scary. Not a fan of being eaten alive.

Necrons...they'll flay you, or cyberman you, but at least it's quick/you don't care.

Dark Eldar are soul-sucking, torturing, narcissistic, sadistic, etc etc space elves which appear out of nowhere. Definitely don't want to run into them.

On the other hand, Chaos (esp. Daemons) will do all those things, make you do it to yourself, possess you and turn your life into a horror movie that would make Vect hide behind the couch. And it NEVER ENDS. If you're taken by the Dark Eldar, your soul will fade into the warp eventually-maybe thousands of years in the future, but it will. But for Chaos time has no meaning. You will experience the worst things possible, and then some, for eternity and beyond. :cries:

So yeah, Chaos is the nastiest IMO.

The Inevitable One
24-11-2010, 06:44
Dark Eldar. When you are captured by the Dark Eldar, you are put in shackles and put through a series of pain experiments for weeks and weeks, that is, if you survive that long. Not only that, but your soul will be switched in place of theirs so that Slaanesh will eat yours and not theirs. So basically your going against two armies (Dark Eldar and then Chaos).

Laughingmonk
24-11-2010, 10:29
Tyranids, though only just.

There is deep sense of hopelessness of the idea of tyranids coming to your world. While every race has deeply disturbing ways of ending your existence, the tyranids are the only ones who resort solely to total planetary extermination. Every. Single. Time. No exceptions.

As far as pain goes, yes, de are certainly the kings of that. However, it's not like tyranids kill humanely. Having little maggots chew their way up my nervous system doesn't sound like a good time. Neither does being torn to pieces.

KingAmongstMortals
24-11-2010, 10:42
HA! at least Nids would only kill you once... who knows how long the technology of The Dark Kin could keep you alive, and then AFTER this they just bring you back. Time after time after time after time again, Its a whole but load worse then ground hog. Dark kin are THE WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME EVER you would be cursing the Emperor and wishing he HAD sent ANY of the other races to end you. its as simple as that....

jspyd3rx
24-11-2010, 12:54
Yea, dark eldar. It would be like dropping the soap in prison every minute while being stabbed. If your into that sort of thing, then it would be worse. Not sure what cod be worse than that:(

Rip
24-11-2010, 20:01
Dark Eldar.

Watching that German doctor getting frills from torturing Pax in Hostel gave me the chills. And that is what I expect they would be like.

TheGreatOne
24-11-2010, 20:19
- Any Army that i command....would be the scariest.... so just pick any.....

FredegarKadere
24-11-2010, 23:58
The forces of Chaos, followed by the Dark Eldar.

A foe that can lay claim to your soul without your ability to deny it is a terrifying prospect. The other races will simply kill you, perhaps torture you for decades and centuries, but in the end still kill you.

Chaos will make a plaything of your soul for eternity. The Dark Eldar will slowly suck away your soul/life force with torture and time, siphoning it off to Slaanesh. In the end Chaos will still have you. Eternity is forever, unending, and without diminishment.

Da Reddaneks
25-11-2010, 01:39
Imperial Guard ... because I would be made a conscript, given a rifle and sent into some meat grider on some front line somewhere.

RaveWolf9
25-11-2010, 01:57
I think fighting an all conscript army with Chenkov as the hq would be deadly gotta love the ig

NotElite
25-11-2010, 04:24
I'm going to have to say Chaos Daemons, since if they don't kill you, they might just drag you back to a place where you can't die...

Vepr
25-11-2010, 05:50
Nids. It is not just your community or city or country or continent or planet it is your solar system...

Silent_Moebius
25-11-2010, 06:37
HA! at least Nids would only kill you once... who knows how long the technology of The Dark Kin could keep you alive, and then AFTER this they just bring you back. Time after time after time after time again, Its a whole but load worse then ground hog.

I think you watched to much Stargate and Guaul ;):D

Friedrich von Offenbach
25-11-2010, 06:40
Imperial Guard ... because I would be made a conscript, given a rifle and sent into some meat grider on some front line somewhere.

That just sounds like russia in WW2 - and the russians still loved their glorious leader Stalin!:D

TheRatsInTheWalls
25-11-2010, 16:19
I think you watched to much Stargate and Guaul ;):D

Naw, the Dark Eldar do have the technology to reanimate dead tissue. It could be argued that it wouldn't work for humans, but I doubt they'd try. Why bother reanimating a broken toy when you could have more fun getting the next one?

My vote is on the Imperium. While it would be sucktastic to meet the Dark Eldar or face a Chaos invasion, both scenarios do have an out. The Dark Eldar will make you suffer as long as possible, but that probably won't be more than a week or so. Chaos can whisk your entire planet into a never-ending hell, but start worshiping the conquering god and you'll end up a glorious champion, dead, or a gibbering monster; basically you won't care anymore.
The Imperium, on the other hand, takes your world, kills those they can't cow into worshiping the Emperor, and then subjugates and industrializes the planet. Think about most of the cultures currently populating our planet. How many of them are even remotely comparable with the destruction of all their principles and the bleak identity-less existence of generations to come?

Then again, that's from a planetary perspective.
If I'm only thinking about myself, I'd have to go with almost everyone here and say DE.

AkredtheChosen
25-11-2010, 18:44
Well I would have to agree with not wanting to face the Nids or the Dark Eldar. They are just very unpleasant to face for one good reason or another.

For me personally it would be the forces of Chaos. I would like to think I have the faith or will to stand against the temptations of Chaos, but who knows for sure? If I were to fall it would either be Khorne or Nurgle, as I would be really angry and want to slaughter those who are slaughtering those I care about or I just wont care anymore and join the ranks of papa Nurgle.

If That doest get me I'd be killed or tortured to death in some very crude and gruesome fashion. Not my idea of a good encounter haha, I'd like to face down either the tau or Eldar, at least their is a chance of life!

Mannimarco
25-11-2010, 19:00
Night Lords Chaos marines.

If a fleet of them decide to attack our little backwater planet then it will be the scariest couple of weeks of our lives before they eventually get bored and just kill us.

First there is the detonating of nuclear weapons in uninhabited areas to create a nuclear winter. The planet is plunged into darkness and people are dropping like flies from all the radiation. We try the TVs/radios to get news from the powers that be as to what we should do only to find all the reports have been replaced by horrific images and sounds over and over. Ever seen "Event Horizon"? Remember the crew log? Imagine turning on the news only to see that being played.

Night Lords skulking around and killing everything they come across then leaving just to instill more fear in the populace who find these mutilated carcasses in the streets.

It would not be a pleasant couple of weeks and thats not to say what would happen to your soul.

TheWarmaster
25-11-2010, 19:20
What I'd hate most would be the Ultramarines.
I would just scream "VANILLA!" and try to claw them apart. Yeah, I got the nerd rage-perk.

Rikadome
26-11-2010, 06:57
I'll have to go with the norm and say Dark Eldar. If they don't decide to kill me right away with horrible pain, I will be tortured and experimented on for the rest of my days, which does not sound like fun!

wolf40k
26-11-2010, 07:13
Nurgle, because I am a hypochondriac and have a weak stomach when it comes to disgusting things.

Silent_Moebius
26-11-2010, 08:35
What I'd hate most would be the Ultramarines.
I would just scream "VANILLA!" and try to claw them apart. Yeah, I got the nerd rage-perk.

Yeah, and when they finally "cleaned" our world, to get back to the emperor, they will say: "Your ass was tortured by Vanilla! Live with that!" ... and we will scream "Nooooooooooooooooooooo...." :D

AngelofSorrow
26-11-2010, 11:53
Necrons for me. I don't want the chance of being taken away and turned into an over costed pariah :p
Nooooooooooo!!!! So many points for so much fail.

sliganian
26-11-2010, 14:03
Point of Order: Orks DO take slaves.

TheRatsInTheWalls
26-11-2010, 18:31
Point of Order: Orks DO take slaves.

Citation?
And would you like to elaborate on what they do with them? Do they treat them like servants, or is it more of a midget-toss scenario?

Meriwether
26-11-2010, 18:38
There have been many mentions of orks enslaving entire worlds in order to run factories and whatnot. I don't have any citations off the top of my head, but at the least my memory can corroborate sliganian's contention.

UberBeast
26-11-2010, 20:25
Citation?

*MEGA SIGH*

Anyway, yes they do take slaves. The final "last chancers" book goes into plenty of detail, while there are numerous other references in the 3rd war for Armageddon fluff as well as other various books.

I myself have dozens of human slaves using the old digga and skavy models mixed in with my grots.

TheRatsInTheWalls
26-11-2010, 20:38
*MEGA SIGH*

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to put you out. It was not doubt which made me ask for a reference. I was just curious.

deggaroth
26-11-2010, 21:28
If I lived on a good world, I would be the most afraid of facing either dark eldar or certain chaos factions such as the night lords.

If I lived on a evil world, I would be the most afraid of facing either harlequins or the inquisition. Harlequins will pretty much show you your worst nightmare, while they are butchering your entire planet, while the inquisition will just torture you to death.

Awilla the Hun
26-11-2010, 21:42
Fact is, any of the armies at their worst are going to be so nightmarishly awful to face that choosing between them is impossible.

Take the supposedly "clean" Imperial Guard. Yes, you could get your "clean" death from a lasbolt. But only after months of sitting in a trench, shivering, watching the lice move your socks away, your friends die of disease, and listening to the propaganda (with psykers helping out) ranting about just what the Imperial Guard are going to do to the homes and families of all traitors, and at the overwhelmingly vast force facing you. Then, once shot by your lasbolt, there is the chance that it "just" causterises a limb, leaving you lying in agony, but not bleeding to death. Or you could meet a feral regiment with a thing for castration (a million worlds, unnumbered souls, at least one probably does this sort of thing.) Or you get hit by a tree burst, slashed to pieces... and, once again, die slowly in bleeding agony, without dignity. Or you could get captured and handed over to the Inquisition, who are probably almost as proficient as the Dark Eldar when it comes to inflicting pain. But, worse than that, you see your world being crushed under the iron shot boot heel of an unimaginably vast, brutal dictatorship, with a bureaucracy that rivals Alpha Complex from Paranoia in madness (whereas the Dark Eldar rarely actually conquer worlds.) You could watch your city being exterminated by virus bombing, while you march away in humiliating retreat, knowing that your relatives are choking to death on their own lungs. You could be dragged off to a penal regiment to "redeem yourself" and then, having "dropped the soap" a few dozen occasions, be slaughtered by some bunch of rebels using those Dark Age era acid rifles that melts the opponent to death molecule by molecule, or by incinerated by flamers, or ran through and trampled by a bayonet charge which you, your ammunition long since spent, your bayonet snapped and your friends starting to die from the nearby corpses of the last wave spreading disease, literally cannot fight, or...

This is the Grim Dark Future. There is Only War. There is no "nice" army to face.

Captain Idaho
26-11-2010, 22:23
It's got to be Dark Eldar. No-one is quite that proffessional in killing people painfully.

kane40k
26-11-2010, 22:30
Id be pro DE :) i wouldnt mind that, id offer my Eternal Service to slaanesh in return for commeragh! :)

id not like the nids :( theyre just meanies. theyres so many of them :(

Havock
27-11-2010, 02:52
Toss up between Dark Eldar and Slaanesh rapemarines.

Lord Aaron
27-11-2010, 03:05
lol lucky if you die to DE? LOL LOL that's a bad joke compared to demons

They'll kill you by making your entire body explode from possession and after you die from that, that's when it gets worse.

either way, any of the 40k armies exist your all going to hell, and guess who's waiting for you there! :evilgrin:

Death is only the beginning...

sliganian
03-12-2010, 14:52
*MEGA SIGH*

Anyway, yes they do take slaves. The final "last chancers" book goes into plenty of detail, while there are numerous other references in the 3rd war for Armageddon fluff as well as other various books.

Also the BL short story "Liberation Day".... :shifty:

Ante64
03-12-2010, 15:00
Witch Hunter :S yuck mobs of crazy zealots and other scary stuff. Repentias don't look to nice to encounter

Commandojimbob
03-12-2010, 17:05
I would have to say Tau ! The endless meetings and Q&A sessions around whether I would be joining the Empire, followed by the inevitable endless powerpoint presentations as to the benefits of joining the Empire. What would frustrate me the most is that i would not be able to ask about the downsides, as it would be pointless because it would always be "there are none!". Then after countless of the above, your obliterated from the skies because I thought I had an option (otherwise why the meetings???)............. Nah.......... I'd rather be running and screaming like a girl from a horde of Nids and then get ripped to pieces, or be buggered for eternity by DE :D

Seriously - Nids ....... at 29 i still get dreams hiding from Xenomorphs !

terradax
03-12-2010, 17:09
Space Marines. That must mean I'm on the "other side" and will have the entire Imperium after me. That would suck...

Commissar Davis
03-12-2010, 17:57
I cant remeber what book it was in, but there was a description of the kind of things that Emperors Children attach to those they take alive, and with them will probably come daemons and the lost and the damned.

I think I would rather quietly hand myself over to the DE or =][=.

White Lightening
03-12-2010, 18:33
Not really a traditional army in the 40k universe per se, but it would be my personal nightmare to go up against the bureaucrats in the Imperium.

"Mr. Lightening, it has come to our attention that you are behind on your taxes. According to our records, you haven't been paying for the last 257 years, which amounts to the total outstanding sum of 3.7 trillion Imperial Credits."

"Wait, what? I haven't even been alive that long. Something must be wrong..."

"Look, Mr. Lightening, we take great pride in the accuracy of our records. If you can't afford to pay right now, you can sign up for an installment payment plan; with interest of course. Just fill out this form."

"It's over 300 pages long! You must be crazy, and don't think I'm going to let you get away with this. I want to file a complaint!"

"Very well, Mr. Lightening, just fill out this complaint form and file it with department 758C. They should get back to you within a decade."

"Aaaarrrgh!@#"

Walls
03-12-2010, 18:37
Anyone not saying daemons is insane. The tabletop doesn't reflect the written fluff. The very thought of them makes people go into pants on head craziness, crapping themselves, then using it to cover their skin while they roll around in glass shards while their eyes bleed green pus. And THEN the bad stuff starts happening.

sliganian
03-12-2010, 20:43
Anyone not saying daemons is insane. The tabletop doesn't reflect the written fluff. The very thought of them makes people go into pants on head craziness, crapping themselves, then using it to cover their skin while they roll around in glass shards while their eyes bleed green pus. And THEN the bad stuff starts happening.

Actually, I have to agree with this 100%.

One thing with the Warhammer setting that is perhaps a bit different than our 'real' world is that subjectiveness of evil. Not for the Warhammer world is there a wise old Obi-Wan telling Luke that his truths depend 'on a certain point of view.'

In the Warhammer 40K universe, all one has to do in half the galaxy is look to the night sky and see the pulsing rip in the fabric of space/time where evil lives and breaths.

I guess for Warhammer the equivalent would be travelling north to Chaos gate.

Flame Boy
04-12-2010, 00:13
A Tyrandid invasion would be really awful. While you're jumping at shadows trying not to get your brain eaten by huge venomous chameleon-beasts, you'd eventually start getting riddled with wind-blown spores and parasites, so getting hacked to death by Gaunts would be about the nicest outcome possible in the end, when your entire planet turns against you. Although the Dark Eldar would prolong your suffering, the idea of one's home turf becoming completely alien through planetary-wide manipulation is just unsettling.