PDA

View Full Version : [High Elves][2000]

Wolf 11x
24-11-2010, 16:40
Here is the latest list I'm planning on using:

High Elves - 2000
Archmage - Level 4, Silver Wand, Talisman of Preservation, Folariath's Robes
Noble - Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix
30 Spearmen - Full Command
10 Archers - Musician
10 Archers - Musician
7 Swordmasters
14 White Lions - Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame
19 Phoenix Guard - Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Sorcery
5 Dragon Princes
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

Thoughts?

thesheriff
24-11-2010, 16:56
I'd drop the princes and beef up the swordmasters, or the other way around. Either are too fragile to do much.

And i'd rather swap thsoe 20 archers for 25 more spearmen with command

But other than that, looks solid

thesheriff

Wyrmnax
24-11-2010, 19:31
Your list lack a bit of punch.

7 swordsmasters will not get to the enemy lines. Either buff them or get rid of them.

5 Dragon princes are meh. They dont break ranks, and while they do have a reasonable charge they wont break a unit even if it is tied up with your melee and charged from the flank, except in very rare cases.

Archers are pretty meh. If you want bowfire, you are better served by taking Sea Guard. They shoot as well as archers, and are twice as effective in close combat. Neither unit is a effective shooting unit, mind you. Both are simply way too expensive for the shooting, sea guard compensates that by being effective in melee.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
25-11-2010, 02:32
Here is the latest list I'm planning on using:

High Elves - 2000
Archmage - Level 4, Silver Wand, Talisman of Preservation, Folariath's Robes
Noble - Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix
30 Spearmen - Full Command
10 Archers - Musician
10 Archers - Musician
7 Swordmasters
14 White Lions - Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame
19 Phoenix Guard - Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Sorcery
5 Dragon Princes
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

Thoughts?

I would just take the points for the Sword Masters and throw them into the White Lions to make the regiment better able to sustain casualties. If you could squeeze 5 pts. from somewhere I'd suggest getting either the Standard of Disciple or Banner of Swiftness for the White Lions so it'll make them harder to break in close combat or allow them to charge farther (dangerous if charge in from the opposite end of the woods with your opponent thinking you don't have the movement to get to them). Other than that I think the list is pretty good.

ithilmar
25-11-2010, 04:32
I would also probably drop the sword masters for some extra white lions. A unit of 21 would be quite effective 7 wide.

You could swap the spearmen and archers for two units of 20 sea guard. That would give you the same if not more shooting although slighly less range.

Other than that it looks quite solid.

p.s. what lore is the archmage using?