PDA

View Full Version : Zombies worth it?

Creeser
25-11-2010, 17:06
I'm thinking of a new 8th ed armylist for vampire counts. For last points i thought two 10 strong units of ghouls to flank, or a nother though was to make huge zombie block, 50-60 strong+summoning. Im running thmen near my beast lore general and corpse cart, so i can buff them +1 S & T, ASF and WS from helm of commendment. Are they worth it?

In horde, they get 30x ASF ws6, s3. They negative steadfast, got a flag and can be summoned in great numbers. And horde of zombies just look cool.

And btw, can vampire still get Invocation of Nehek, if he has another lore then lore of vampires?

Malorian
25-11-2010, 17:12
They can be worth it when supported an used right, but they can also drain you of your dice as you stuggle to keep up with losses.

And yes he still has IoN.

bluemage
26-11-2010, 02:58
This has been brought up a couple of times, and zombies just aren't worth the points now. They'll die in greater numbers than they would before and your magic phase is less reliable. Vamp Lord + 50 zombies + corpse cart = ~600 points. And even if you get everything off, you're still just left with zombies with ws 7, str 3, tough 3, and asf without rerolls. You're just better off starting with ghouls and buffing them in a similar method. Plus if you don't get all of your buffs off, ghouls are still good in combat.

Zombies might look cool, but they just are never worth taking from a competitive point of view.

Sexiest_hero
26-11-2010, 03:22
50 vp to divert khorne knights or block LoS. Cheap unit to hold a banner. An small unit a sneaky necromancer can raise, while people are worried about big spells. Yeah, they do what they are meant to.

grumbaki
26-11-2010, 03:23
And if they draw mortars, trebuches or stonethrowers away from your graveguard...or if they hold up those knights/warriors/whatever for a few turns, then they've done their job. Just don't expect them to kill anything.