PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch and other gods

Hashulaman
26-11-2010, 00:03
Same as the one in the fantasy section

Okay, we know Tzeentch has all kinds of schemes. Is it quite possible his schemes would requite some of his followers to embrace another god in some machavellian plot to betray them or just for the sake of plotting? Such as a Tzeentch sorcerer(yea they are psykers but with tzeentch it seems to be sorcerery) joining a pleasure cult which for reasons only known to the Architate of Fate would further his own means.

will564752
26-11-2010, 00:15
Yes of course, the variety and limit of Tzeentch's plots are infinite.

Son of Sanguinius
27-11-2010, 06:33
Same as the one in the fantasy section

Okay, we know Tzeentch has all kinds of schemes. Is it quite possible his schemes would requite some of his followers to embrace another god in some machavellian plot to betray them or just for the sake of plotting? Such as a Tzeentch sorcerer(yea they are psykers but with tzeentch it seems to be sorcerery) joining a pleasure cult which for reasons only known to the Architate of Fate would further his own means.

I currently am of the opinion that Tzeentch doesn't really scheme anymore than Khorne actually punches other gods in the face. Chaos is a self-perpetuating anarchy where the only part reason plays is maintaining a status-quo of insanity. I think what Tzeentch really does is feed off of the ambitions and desires of mortals and involuntarily facilitate such psychological states by making the warp tumultuous and spawning demons (in essence, growing). It then falls to the demons of Tzeentch, those pieces of the god's consciousness that are not necessarily overwhelmed with infinite contradictions and concepts, to do the scheming and intentionally manipulate other beings.

The short version is that Tzeentch, when seen as a whole, is nothing but a sea of insanity that is in truth incapable of anything that can be called a plot. Only when you look at Tzeentch as a collection of consciousnesses that resonate with emotions of greed do you begin to see specific machinations taking place.

Remember that in the warp, ideas and concepts are the reality. In the material world, they are what drive and alter reality.

I guess the closest example of what I'm describing is when people refer to a country having wants or objectives. Someone can say "the United States of America wants to fight terrorism". By the letter it isn't true, because a country can't want something. We hold the statement true and/or comprehensible because it's an easier way of saying "a majority of the citizens of the United States of America want to fight terrorism".

EDIT: Forgot my original point. The schemes set in motion by Tzeentch's constituents would certainly drive mortals to other gods. As long as ambitions, greed, and chaos are being spread, Tzeentch is fed, regardless of who is being worshiped in the process.

Am I making any sense?

Clockwork-Knight
27-11-2010, 06:39
If a scheme defeats Tzeentch, then Tzeentch orchestrated it.

Yes.