PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Chaos Symbols

Hendarion
27-11-2010, 12:50
Hi.

I got one of the free Chaos Khorne Symbols which got announced in the news letter to be handed out to the first 20 guys at the store.
I am surprised of the size and weight of that thing, much more than I expected.
However, is that on purpose that it is not symmetrical? The middle connections are totally unbalanced, no symmetry, many sides of the symbol's lines aren't parallel to the rest. Is that how it should be? Or had they been lazy when creating those? Photo is attached and duplicated to show it unmodified and with a line to better realize the "errors".

Just curious, I'm glad I got one ;)

Edit: I have added the Tzeentch-Symbol.

Grimstonefire
27-11-2010, 14:03
No idea on the symmetry, although it looks like it could be hung on a christmas tree!

Hendarion
27-11-2010, 14:36
(...) it looks like it could be hung on a christmas tree!
Hehe, well, it's really not a lightweight ^^

RevEv
27-11-2010, 22:25
OK

So you've managed to get something that is both rare and free, and you're still complaining.

That's just plain ungrateful where I come from.:evilgrin:

enyoss
28-11-2010, 06:07
Short of breaking out the calipers, I can't see what the problem is :confused:. There is some asymmetry in the roughing of the edges but that's about it. In any case, it's an art-piece, not a set-square!

Hendarion
28-11-2010, 18:34
Well, I'm not really complaining, as I said I'm glad I got it.
But I wonder why it is the way it is... warped.

@enyoss: What? Did you look at the middle where all lines connect? They aren't symmetrical at all. Check the distances of them from the center-line.

blongbling
28-11-2010, 19:17
it would have been renedered from a drawing, so that will explain the "issues"

RealMikeBob
29-11-2010, 20:14
I must have missed the memo but what exactly is it? And why were they being given away?

burad
30-11-2010, 00:35
You're wondering why a Chaos symbol isn't symmetrical?
Why would it be?

Exitas-Acta-Probat
30-11-2010, 22:31
i think khorne would be too busy lopping heads off to notice, or care. you need a slaanesh one - exess and indulgence anyone?

ctsteel
04-12-2010, 10:08
The asymmetry is a trap! It's designed to make you curious, noticing it first out of the corner of your eye with a sense of something not quite right, then you start looking right at it..... then you stare into it..... deeper.....deeper.....and then you wake up as if from a dream, with blood on your hands, screams and shouts all around you and the faint ghost of harsh laughter echoing through your head. Such is the way of khorne's warp-tainted artifacts.

Hendarion
04-12-2010, 12:04
Hehe. Anybody interested to see the Tzeentch one too? I just got it.

OLIVERASO
04-12-2010, 16:04
Hehe. Anybody interested to see the Tzeentch one too? I just got it.

Yes we want to see it :) !

stroller
04-12-2010, 16:29
It's a chaos symbol... it has no "order" (ok symmetry) and its.. "warped".. and you're complaining?

Hendarion
05-12-2010, 08:33
I have added the Tzeentch-Symbol for those that are interested in the first post of this thread.

destroyerlord
07-12-2010, 05:38
I must have missed the memo but what exactly is it? And why were they being given away?

I'm with Bob. What are these things, where and why are they being given out? What are they made out of and how big are they? OP says too heavy to hang on christmas tree, so why the loop on the top?

Hendarion
07-12-2010, 06:25
They are about 5*5cm (so 2*2 inch), they are given out to the first 20 people per shop on saturdays if they have the required newsletter with a barcode inside. The loop is probably to make a necklace or to put them on a backpack or something. The Khorne one weights about 60 grams (60% the weight of a bar of chocolate!), looks like made of copper (probably isn't), the Tzeentch one looks like made of polished brass. They surely are made of solid metal and about 4-5mm thick.

Hendarion
11-12-2010, 10:50
Update. I have added the Slaanesh-symbol. It is notacibly smaller, flat and weights much less. It is also really really spikey.
It is sad though that the style is totally different compared to the others, as this one does not have the "outlined border" as the previous two.

Grimstonefire
11-12-2010, 22:49
@Hendarion
Googlefu tells me Ostlich is in Switzerland right?

Is this only a local thing? I imagine the nurgle one will be greenish tinged. I'm curious to see that one.

Hendarion
12-12-2010, 08:28
Ístlich isn't actually a state or something, it just means "eastern" and is German. So it would be right to assume I live somewhere in the eastern region of Germany.
I don't know if this is a local thing, but I indeed did not find any hints at the UK-GW-website about these icons, whereas the German one has it as a major news entry for weeks.

The Nurgle one indeed has a slightly green touch. I'll show it next Saturday.

Hendarion
14-12-2010, 08:29
I got confirmed today that this seems to be a Germany-exclusive thing. Interesting... I wonder if that means that the symbols are much less in number than I first had expected.

Hendarion
18-12-2010, 11:20
Today the final and last symbol has been released: Nurgle!
A picture is in the first post. It is again a heavy and thick lump of metal, feels great, looks great. The collection is complete. :D

OLIVERASO
18-12-2010, 19:37
Today the final and last symbol has been released: Nurgle!
A picture is in the first post. It is again a heavy and thick lump of metal, feels great, looks great. The collection is complete. :D

Thanks for the pics. Is it an problem for you if I use them to be shown on the CCM Wiki ?
BTW, if you want to sell them .... ;)

Hendarion
18-12-2010, 20:02
You mean http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com ?
I don't have a problem with that, as I also added a lot of other pictures there already.
But I'd prefer to make some new clean shots and put those instead. You know, some better quality ;) So feel free to add them, but give me the link, so I can update them to better quality another time.