PDA

View Full Version : Just started warhammer, first 2k point Wood elf list

Krootman
14-03-2006, 22:39
wanted a fast army, blocks of slow moving men dont appeal to me so here it is. The plan is to just run circles around things and charge when the time is right. Fast calv and things that can shoot will be the things that I gun for first as I can just toy with block units and kill them when ever I want (unless you are skaven then I stay away) I think I should be ok magic wise and life magic will help my army alot. (mages will hide in the safety of the woods.) So -here it is

Lord:
Spelweaver
-level 4
-divination orb

Heros:
Spellsinger
-level 2
-dispell scroll

Noble
-light armor
-shield
-great weapon
-hail of doom arrow
eliven steed

Core:
10 glade guard

6 glade guard riders

5 glade guard riders

5 glade guard riders

8 dryads

8 dryads

8 dryads

Special:
6 wild riders
wild hunter
standard

6 wild riders
wild hunter
standard

9 wardancers 162

Rare:
Great eagle

Great eagle

total:1980
The only thing im not sure of is i can drop a glade guard rider and some upgrades and add a wardancer noble...so what do u think of my first list, comments?

fubukii
15-03-2006, 05:25
Illegal list kroot :( Way to read the book man. If i didnt know you irl id post a more constructive reply ^.^

Edit: the list was illegal but now he edited it so it is not. Glade can not have magic banners and he gave them one not a big deal >.<

WhiteStar
15-03-2006, 07:52
Looks solid. Using alot of magic in the WE list seems to be very uncommon, so it is nice to see someone trying that approach.

And regarding the list being illegal. I cannot see why? Unless there is some unit specific restrictions I am not aware of.

Pravus
15-03-2006, 08:11
I wouldn't drop a unit for a character, your army is small enough already! If you want to shave some points off somewhere, lose the 6th Wild Rider in those units. The Glade Riders (the magic standard being illegal anyway) I'd only give a musician and I've give your hail of doom arrow noble a mount of somekind. The greatweapon will be more effective in a unit of fast cav than a unit of glade guard.

Other than that you need to master movement and deployment to be really effective - your shooting phase is better than most but it isn't dominating. You need to establish local domination - target a flank or weak point in the enemy line and breach it. Get your fast stuff behind them and run riot. Watch your wild riders, wardancer and dryads though - most wood elf players forget they can't flee from a charge ... to their eventual cost.

Krootman
15-03-2006, 16:24
I understand that over half my army cannot not flee so I plan to only charge when I know (or am almost certen) that I can break a unit in one turn. I figure that if I tripple charge something or get a flank charge with wardancers, wildriders or even my dryads the unit should be toast. The only thing im really worried about is gunline empire and rattling guns, because I rape block units like they are nothing and I can just outshoot other fast calv.

any other comments