PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy Clerification.

Cobra_Commander
28-11-2010, 08:47
In the 8th ed Warriors of Chaos Tactica thread, it talks about Chaos Warriors with Mark of Khorne. Which gives them the Frenzy USR. It goes on to talk about how greatly they benifit from it because when they charge, they must move maximum charge distance which would be 16" (Chaos Knights with MoK gaining 19" I believe) because Frenzy allows them to do that. I looked up the rule for Frenzy, and looked for some mention of this in the Charging rules, but I couldn't find any mention of it. Could someone clerify this, or give a page reference I could look up?

Thanks
COOOBBBRRRAAA!!!

Eta
28-11-2010, 09:00
Nothing in the WoC tactica says this. When you are frenzied, you have to declare a charge when an enemy unit is in your maximum charge range. Nothing guarantees you to roll the double 6s for your charge move to actually get there.

Tae
28-11-2010, 10:13
Someone in said thread appears to have misunderstood slightly. The reason why the maximum charge distances are important as that is the range in which they have to take a leadership test in order to see if they are forced to charge (i.e. warriors within 16" must take a leadership tes etc.) but as pointed out above, that doesn't mean that they will move that far.

mishari26
28-11-2010, 10:31
The guys above are correct, nothing under the Frenzy rule gives the ability to maximize the "Charge Range" roll.

it only gives "Berserk Rage" which makes it mandatory to declare a Charge when able. that's all it does :)

Meaning, if an enemy lies within the "maximum possible" range of your frenzied unit, then that unit is obliged to declare a charge. But it may roll insufficiently and fail the charge.

Tae
28-11-2010, 10:36
The guys above are correct, nothing under the Frenzy rule gives the ability to maximize the "Charge Range" roll.

it only gives "Berserk Rage" which makes it mandatory to declare a Charge when able. that's all it does :)

Meaning, if an enemy lies within the "maximum possible" range of your frenzied unit, then that unit is obliged to declare a charge. But it may roll insufficiently and fail the charge.

IF they fail a leadership test. If they pass, they don't have to.

Morquentas
29-11-2010, 16:16
Been wondering this myself. - thanks for the clarification - gave a few more questions if anyone an What's about with multiple units within charge range?

Do your frenzied troops test for each unit in range? Do they roll charge range once 'for the turn' or for each unit in range? And is it up to the 'frenzied' player to decide which unit to charge?

narrativium
29-11-2010, 16:49
If there are any units within maximum charge range, you test once regardless of how many. You can choose which unit to declare the charge against. Only when you move chargers do you roll for charge move distance against the declared target.

Tregar
29-11-2010, 17:34
Well, if the LD test is failed, you must declare it on the closest visible target.