PDA

View Full Version : New Demon Prince need advice

Hail_Destroyer
28-11-2010, 20:48
im about to put in some more work on my chaos space marine force by adding a demon prince any advice?

dragonet111
28-11-2010, 20:53
Be'lakor is an amazing mini. Maybe a bit too much fantasy but still a great looking mini

BloodiedSword
28-11-2010, 22:29
Do you mean advice on what model to use, or what Mark/upgrades to give it, or how to use it tactically on the battlefield?

Hail_Destroyer
11-12-2010, 12:11
More advice on convertion and tactical use

Born Again
11-12-2010, 12:47
I believe the common way of doing things is:

1. Add Wings
2. Choose between Warptime or Lash
3. ????
4. Profit!

but really it's yours so go with what you like, though there's hardly a plethora of options for CSM DP's. I mean, if you have, say, a Nurgle themed army, there's nothing stopping you from giving him a Mark of Nurgle and Nurgle's Rot, but it's generally not considered the most powerful build, if that's the sort of thing you're into/ asking for.

samiens
11-12-2010, 13:12
Depends upon how competitive you're feeling- the main build nowadays is warptime and wings (with mark of Nurgle for extra profit if you like)

But to be clear, any winged prince is a decent unit to add, so for casual gaming do whatever takes your fancy

Hicks
11-12-2010, 16:47
What's the rest of your army like? I have a Death Guard force, so I converted my DP to look the part by giving him lots of buboes, a respirator mask, a facial horn and Nurgle iconography.

Finnith
11-12-2010, 17:04
The plastic demon prince is very good and has lots of conversion possibilities when combined with other kits suck as the spawn box. Its pretty easy to swap out hands for claws if your doing slaanesh for example. Theres a nice bird head in there if you fancy some tzeentchy goodness too.

Always go for wings. Always.

jdunn
11-12-2010, 17:45
hahah! i love the new DP model so much, i did a good conversion where i made used the 2 claw arms and the 2 weapon arms (axe and sword) and built a 4 armed daemon prince! the model look absolutely JESUS and i still receive compliments on it whenever i go into the store

BobTheZombie
11-12-2010, 21:07
I use Wings and Warptime on mine, and he tends to fare fairly well normally. I like to send him after smaller units, mopping up artillery etc. as my Black Legion aren't the most mobile force, and he can zip around and be a pain. He can take out characters, but don't expect too much. Massed bolter/heavy bolter fire hurts too, don't leave him out in the open if you can help it.

Model wise, the new kit should have all the options you need. I have the previous metal one, so had to fork out for the dragon wings. Fortunately, that's not an issue any more.

Born Again
12-12-2010, 07:08
hahah! i love the new DP model so much, i did a good conversion where i made used the 2 claw arms and the 2 weapon arms (axe and sword) and built a 4 armed daemon prince! the model look absolutely JESUS and i still receive compliments on it whenever i go into the store

It's cruel to talk about that and then not provided us with photos.

Hail_Destroyer
12-12-2010, 23:05
My army is custom its called Knights Of the Abyss. they are simmiler to Black legion but redish

Latro_
13-12-2010, 11:10
New DP model i have found is dead easy to put together and looks great imo, there is a fair bit of hate out there for it but i like it.

I khorned mine up with FW brass bits (see sig) think it worked ok to add a bit more character.

You could use the greater daemon models as a good base if you wanna splash out on a nice model, i doubt anyone would have problems with you using them.

On the tabletop you want wings. Just imagine the codex entry has wings added by default, there is next to no good reason not to take wings, did i say wings? yea wing take wings!

Also daemon princes work best in pairs. Its the most competitive way to field them as they create a big problem for your opponent in twos, one is manageable to deal with.

Marks and powers are up to you, but i'd advise you dont go too expensive. If you want a cheap one just stick the mark of khorne on there.

If you want a bit more of a punch and survivability go for mark or nurgle/tzeentch and warp time.

I personally dont take lash as it can be either silly broken against some armies and totally wasted against others e.g. heavy mech or simply someone that knows what they are doing.

From experience i find mine normally get squashed from mass small arms fire so mark of nurgle is prob best bet for a scary T6 and then warp time for added punch or the much overlooked and 'oh look i killed half your guard squad' nurgles rot.

rot is amazing wen you get stuck in combat with speed bump units like IG blob squads with a commi, they are not gonna run away and at best you can only kill 4 a turn so this power can be scary.

Vedar
13-12-2010, 16:52
All good advice above.

Keep it cheap as it will die most of the time.

I run wings+tzeentch+warptime. I find the 4+ needed to deal with the heavy anti-tank firepower and powerfists.

I agree running 2 princes is much better than running 1 as 1 will be half dead before it can reach CC.

jdunn
15-12-2010, 03:55
It's cruel to talk about that and then not provided us with photos.

right! omg i should post some! i'll have them up somewhere eventually when i get around to doing that deamons log of mine.....

BobtheInquisitor
15-12-2010, 04:37
My suggestion is that you give him an Ultramarines shoulder pad.:shifty:

EldarWolf
15-12-2010, 10:50
My suggestion is that you give him an Ultramarines shoulder pad.:shifty:

I see what you did there... :D

Mine will use the Skaven demon head and be given a black/white colour scheme, all praise to Malal!