PDA

View Full Version : Toyline in the WH40 universe

Claudio
29-11-2010, 02:47
Do they sell toys based on the space marines chapters and the imperial guard, etc?

TheLaughingGod
29-11-2010, 02:54
Do they sell toys based on the space marines chapters and the imperial guard, etc?

There's no evidence for it, and it seems unlikely. The imperium is more catholic-nazi-soviet-russia-germany-satire in space and less capitalistic-western-corporation-superpower-team-america-satire in space

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
29-11-2010, 03:01
I did read something in... a book... I believe it was a 40K book... about a toymaker that made little titans that walked. So there's that. Kids still need stuff to play with, not every world is a military camp.

Kage2020
29-11-2010, 03:08
Titanicus would be the source that you were after...

Kage

TheLaughingGod
29-11-2010, 03:10
I'm just saying... the Imperium might have individuals who create toys like that, but I doubt there's a huge hasbro in space that produces G.I. Space Marine action figures with Devastator Accessories and Xeno-killing Action.

i would think there's a huge market for little statuettes of the Emperor and other saints though.

Also, I bet the Tau and the Eldar have lots of little action figures of various heroes and figures of myth.

SimonL
29-11-2010, 03:21
There's no evidence for it, and it seems unlikely. The imperium is more catholic-nazi-soviet-russia-germany-satire in space and less capitalistic-western-corporation-superpower-team-america-satire in space

Just when you thought 40k couldn't get more horrifying and grimdark, there comes Codex Capitalism :D

spiderman5z
29-11-2010, 03:22
I wouldnt doubt that they made action figures of Imperial soldiers to get more people to recruit and to brainwash children at a young age to hate xenos and love the Emperor. Like what was done in Nazi Germany.

Kage2020
29-11-2010, 03:28
i would think there's a huge market for little statuettes of the Emperor and other saints though.
Who else would produce the reliquaries for the 2.8 billion toes of the Emperor?

Kage

SolkaTruesilver
29-11-2010, 04:32
I am sure there is an action figure line of CIAPHAS CAIN, Hero Of The Imperium!

Hi motto would be:

"Thanks, now I follow you!"
"And following Us is half the battle!"

Grok
29-11-2010, 05:33
I'm sure they'r making little Calgar figures back in the Ultramar sector, they just LOVE him :D

Iuris
29-11-2010, 07:06
I would expect toys to be around, well, with world economy variance (on some worlds, your father's tools are your toys... or you could do even worse and you desperately wish for a puppy, or any other small animal, as long as there's meat on its bones...).

However, I think the religious aspect might mean certain units are not toyable. It's like toy soldiers vs. little icons of saints in our world - you don't get Jesus or st. George action figures, but you do get toy soldiers.

So, I'd expect space marine sculptures to be more akin to nativity displays, not toys. But plenty of wooden Leman Russ tanks.

AndrewGPaul
29-11-2010, 08:00
It's like toy soldiers vs. little icons of saints in our world - you don't get Jesus ... action figures, but you do get toy soldiers.

What's that you say?

Jesus action figure (http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Jesus-Action-Figure.html)

Askil the Undecided
29-11-2010, 08:08
What's that you say?

Jesus action figure (http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Jesus-Action-Figure.html)

Or for those who prefer a slightly more upbeat messiah Buddy Christ (http://forbiddenplanet.com/502-dogma-buddy-christ/)

Iuris
29-11-2010, 08:10
I knew you'd find SOME. But really, take a look at the market shares and so on. You'll find many of them for religious purposes, but few for actual toy purposes.

AndrewGPaul
29-11-2010, 08:17
Being serious, I agree with you. No "God-Emperor of Mankind" action figures. Space Marines are somewhat more borderline, for me. While non-canon any more, Ian Watson's Space Marine mentions a devotional stained-glass window of a Space Marine in an upper-spire temple on Necromunda. On the other hand, in one of the Ciaphas Cain novels, Amberley Vail mentions the children's book "The Tracks on the Land Raider Crush the Heretics" - possibly still a devotional text, but a bit more light-hearted. :)

"There's no evidence for it, and it seems unlikely." might be true, but I choose to believe it's not, because it's boring.

Jedi152
29-11-2010, 08:30
I would have thought the Imperium would have used it as a good way of indoctrinating children when they were young and setting them up for a lifetime of Imperial service.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
29-11-2010, 08:41
Or for those who prefer a slightly more upbeat messiah Buddy Christ (http://forbiddenplanet.com/502-dogma-buddy-christ/)

Yay!

Just put in an order for that one. Will make a great piece of scenery, for when the Daemonhunters go hunting for those darn heretics :evilgrin:

Claudio
29-11-2010, 10:52
Buy your inquisitor Fyodor Karamazov and declare exterminatus on your home in the Emperor´s name! LIMITED EDITION! Abbadon the despoiler! Launch a black crusade with your friends! Buy now Brother-Captain Stern, it comes with a copy of the Liber Daemonicum!

Korraz
29-11-2010, 11:52
Since there is practically everything existent in the imperium...Looking at the varius Rogue Traders, companies and so on, there IS capitalism around. And on the higher levels of the hives or the Non-Forgeworlds, there is certainly a market. There have always been toys in the human history.

Gingerwerewolf
29-11-2010, 12:00
The only problem I could see would be the production of the Enemies for the Kids to play war with. Space Marine Action Figures I could easily see. Even ones with Gore-Effect-Chainsword-Action and Die Heretic Filth action-Phrases.

I just cant see the Universe where they write the Imperial Infantrymans Uplifting Primer producing Toys of Heretics or Xenos. You would be promoting Kids imagination around the darker sides, and imagination is a no no in the imperium.

Remember!
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
and
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Id see it more like a kids Novel:

Here comes Dante
See Dante Smite
Smite Dante! Smite!
Dante has an Axe.
A Large Axe
A Large Blue Lightning Axe.
Dante Smites with his Axe!
All Praise the Emperor!

Gingerwerewolf
29-11-2010, 12:07
And yes I have just compared Commander Dante to a Golden Labrador Puppy.

Scalebug
29-11-2010, 13:17
In the book "Eye of Terror" the main character reminices of a play-set he and his friend had as kids, with robotic toys figthing each other.

It had a Space Marine, a non-specified alien creature and a Mutant, the latter two with exaggerated features to teach imperial children to properly loath the Xeno and deviant, and the game was rigged so that the Space Marine was almost certain to win every battle.

Kage2020
29-11-2010, 14:28
In the book "Eye of Terror" the main character reminices of a play-set he and his friend had as kids, with robotic toys figthing each other.

It had a Space Marine, a non-specified alien creature and a Mutant, the latter two with exaggerated features to teach imperial children to properly loath the Xeno and deviant, and the game was rigged so that the Space Marine was almost certain to win every battle.
Errr, so the characters were playing the 40k wargame?

:shifty:

Kage

Scalebug
29-11-2010, 14:50
Errr, so the characters were playing the 40k wargame?

:shifty:

Kage

Might well have been a tongue-in-cheek remark, yes...

Grok
29-11-2010, 16:19

O my god, so GW CAN write witty stuff if they want! Imagin that...

DarthMcBob
29-11-2010, 16:25
I would imagine that there would be some toys of heroic (and handsome) Space Marines and Imperial Guardsmen facing down corrupt, ugly, weak xenos, mutants, and heretic scum. Probably with some phrases like "Kill the mutant! Burn the heretic! Purge the unclean!" "Death is the reward of heresy" "Thought leads to doubt. Doubt leads to heresy. Heresy leads to death and damnation. Don't think.".

Korraz
29-11-2010, 18:19
Don't think that the toys of the enemies would be a problem. The children need to know about them, after all. And if you make the Orks look like in the Uplifiting Primer, the Mutants extremely ugly and the Eldar fragile (as in = "That one toy that breaks the very second the kid takes it out of the package.")

Actually, on the wealthier worlds I could totally see that the kids get Emperor (or Primarch) puppets for free. Not to mention video games, lunch boxes, t-shirts...Yes, I'm being serious.

Dinadan
29-11-2010, 18:32
Actually, on the wealthier worlds I could totally see that the kids get Emperor (or Primarch) puppets for free. Not to mention video games, lunch boxes, t-shirts...Yes, I'm being serious.

Ah, now we come to the real reason for the Horus Heresy - the Emperor wasn't paying the traitor primarchs their share of the Great Crusade's merchandising rites. :p

spetswalshe
29-11-2010, 20:20
I think Space Marines would be the perfect toys; so utterly remote and infallible that the child's society is never likely to ever actually deal with them. They're the fabled protectors of humanity; at no point in the child's life is he ever going to wander round the back of the church and find a Marine making it with a Termagant while a cultist and a witch watch and high-five. Not like those depraved Guardsmen, who'll pull that at any opportunity.

I actually assume the 'average' citizen (a data-slave or factory chattel or farm/nutrivat labourer) on a 'typical' world (hive- or forge- or agri-world; I know 'civilized' worlds are supposedly the norm but that isn't what you think of when you think of 40k) would have quite a dark-age take on these things; they may work in a factory building high-explosive tank rounds, but they probably make or carve their kid's toys out of off-cuts, or buy hand-made toys from the market. Most private businesses serving the unwashed masses would likely be small-scale, if you ask me; individual toymakers not massive branded toys, owner-run eateries not chain restaurants, drug dealers not private pharmacies. I might actually expect a full-on Official Administratum Marketplace with permitted goods; Finest Nutri-Slime, Value Corpse Starch, GuillemanHo! branded educational toys (specially made to encourage learning and exterminate heresy), Civitas pattern laspistol (25% rebate when you kill your first confirmed heretic), Emperor Protects prophylactics (ribbed, non-latex and hexagrammatic varieties).

The children need to know about them, after all.

Let us be clear on this; the children do not need to know about anything other than the Emperor. Their minds are weak while ours are strong; we must hoard this knowledge of xenos deviants, because give those filthy peasants an inch and they will take a mile and hand it over to the tuna-cows or the space fairies.

Mabd
29-11-2010, 21:47
BUY NOW!!!

Your own GOD-EMPEROR of MANKIND on the GOLDEN THRONE with LIGHT UP ASTRONOMICON!!!

WORSHIP as the GOD-EMPEROR guides Mankind through the depths of space and protects us all from EVIL XENOS and MUTANT HERETICS!

PRAY to the Throne as The MOST BELOVED smites the ENEMIES OF MANKIND to provide for YOU!

Only a HERETIC would not have one of these in the Hab!

MADE ON TERRA NEAR THE GOD-EMPEROR HIMSELF, PRAISE HIM!

Hellebore
30-11-2010, 00:52
O my god, so GW CAN write witty stuff if they want! Imagin that...

Wel it was written by Barrington J. Bailey and he hasn't written for BL in a decade...

Helelbore

jlmb_123
30-11-2010, 08:50
Wel it was written by Barrington J. Bailey and he hasn't written for BL in a decade...

Helelbore

And he's dead.

The thing with the Imperium is that items are either mass- or artisan produced - there's no middle ground, and I very much doubt that there's any such thing as profit or social movement in the manner that the West understands it. Every day is a struggle for survival, even for the richest element who have to justify their existence and fight off other.

If you live on a world with shops they're likely either small businesses or carry items churned out from factories. Either way, it's unlikely that the Imperium produces and promotes anything in pursuit of profit - it's all about indoctrination, and if children's toys are produced, parents will buy them because they in turn are so heavily indoctrinated into the Imperium's machinery.

Tymell
30-11-2010, 09:30
It would vary from world to world. Some would almost certainly have such things, others wouldn't. But yeah, there would certainly be some throughout the Imperium I'm sure.

Korraz
30-11-2010, 10:01
Let us be clear on this; the children do not need to know about anything other than the Emperor. Their minds are weak while ours are strong; we must hoard this knowledge of xenos deviants, because give those filthy peasants an inch and they will take a mile and hand it over to the tuna-cows or the space fairies.

Only the blind falls into the pit.

Sai-Lauren
30-11-2010, 10:30
I would have thought the Imperium would have used it as a good way of indoctrinating children when they were young and setting them up for a lifetime of Imperial service.
That.

Marines as toys I'm not so sure of, considering the reverence the general population has for them, it would be like having toys of angels. Pieces in a game like Scalebug mentioned would be more a tool of indoctrination than a toy.

You can throw in toy lasguns and dress-up costumes for "Guardsmen and Heretics" games. Plus plush toys, various balls for sports and so on.

In First and Only, one of the items Gaunt throws out of his kitbag when he's looking for the command encryption ring was a model of an Imperial Cruiser which had been whittled for him (which I presume is still in his personal effects somewhere).

And I'm sure there's specific altars in the AM chapels on Mars where the priests venerate the spirit trio of Airfix, Meccano and Lego. ;)

Tymell
30-11-2010, 10:34
Do you think somewhere in the Imperium there are citizens complaining about their toy Stormraven looking naff? ;)

In a similar vein I also just remembered that in the Horus Heresy book Nemesis there's a bit talking about children playing "Emperor and Horus". Just sprang to mind with the mention of games about guardsmen :p

Crazy Ivan
30-11-2010, 10:50
Not all toys are necessarily about violence, you know... (haven't any of you got any sisters/daughters/yourself who played with barbies and such - or just played with lego?)

But even if you want to have toy soldiers, there's plenty of violence in the Imperium that doesn't involve space marines, xenos, guardsmen or heretics: trade wars, battle between warlords on feral worlds, hive gang wars... lots of inspiration for violence-related toys without the stigma of blasphemy.

Tymell
30-11-2010, 11:29
Not all toys are necessarily about violence, you know... (haven't any of you got any sisters/daughters/yourself who played with barbies and such - or just played with lego?)

Bah, in the grim darkness of the future there is only WAR! :evilgrin:

The girls get Sisters of Battle Play Chapel and My First Self-Flagellation set (and maybe on Tallarn some My Little Mukaali (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Tallarn_Desert_Raiders/TALLARN-MUKAALI-ROUGH-RIDER-1.html)) :p

Kage2020
30-11-2010, 11:47
Do you think somewhere in the Imperium there are citizens complaining about their toy Stormraven looking naff? ;)
I'n not sure. There are certainly five year-olds picking up their Thunderhawk toy and going, "And this flies? Oh, right, space elves." ;)

Kage

AlexHolker
30-11-2010, 12:23
I'd say no toys of individuals as it would undoubtedly be considered disrespectful, but the idea of terminator plushies (http://fav.me/d29rlet) amuses me.

Korraz
30-11-2010, 13:00
I could totally see Primarch Plushies. Hell, I have to learn sewing and make them myself...

Of course there is that stuff too. In human history, there were always dolls and blocks of some material. Like I said, the Imperium is huge. Somewhere everything exists.

Hm...Sororitas and Living Saint puppets...Push-And-Break Tyranid toys (you know, those with the button that will disassamble the action figure), so the kids know the weak spots of the beasts...

Ramius4
30-11-2010, 13:00
"Get the all new Eldar Avatar, with Calgar donkey-punch damage!" ;)

SolkaTruesilver
30-11-2010, 13:21
Squat Theory #506

The Squats have been all captured, emptied and stuffed to sell a new brand of toys for the Noble Children of the Imperium.

"Buy the new Squatplush! He'll be your friend for life!"

arch_inquisitor
30-11-2010, 13:37
Regicide, board game, toy, thats all I got.

Dinadan
30-11-2010, 15:30
Regicide, board game, toy, thats all I got.

Surely that's just chess with the name (and possibly one or two rules) mutated over the millenia?

Kage2020
30-11-2010, 16:06
I could totally see Primarch Plushies. Hell, I have to learn sewing and make them myself...
Especially if it has a pull rope that activates one of those voice box thingies. It could say the legion battle cries, "Death to the False Emperor," etc. :D

Kage

FlashGordon
30-11-2010, 20:00
I am sure there is an action figure line of CIAPHAS CAIN, Hero Of The Imperium!

Hi motto would be:

"Thanks, now I follow you!"
"And following Us is half the battle!"

Plus 50 points for this.
and he should be able to say:

"Join the Imperial Guard today!
"Today Children, tomorrow heroes!"

R-Love
30-11-2010, 23:24
"Get the all new Eldar Avatar, with Calgar donkey-punch damage!" ;)

Please tell me you meant falcon punch. A donkey punch is...something...else. :shifty:

madd0ct0r
01-12-2010, 02:41
Glad to know I'm not the only one who winced at that image.

It's not as though Calgar even falconed punched the avatar anyway - just smacked him in the kidneys.

Don't forget the toy tanks, thunderhawks and valkyires
'Break-apart' Nids sounds like an interesting way of teaching children the weak spots

AlphariusOmegon20
01-12-2010, 06:00
I did read something in... a book... I believe it was a 40K book... about a toymaker that made little titans that walked. So there's that. Kids still need stuff to play with, not every world is a military camp.

Titanicus would be the source that you were after...

Kage

LOL yep it was Titanicus. He made the two different Legio's in toy form.

Mr_Rose
01-12-2010, 21:43
I'd say no toys of individuals as it would undoubtedly be considered disrespectful, but the idea of terminator plushies (http://fav.me/d29rlet) amuses me.
Terminator plushie designs. (http://r7ll.deviantart.com/art/Termie-Plushies-134981136)

Sai-Lauren
02-12-2010, 09:12
I want one. :)

NightAngel
02-12-2010, 21:24
Also the sons of generals would play 40k, and learn the power of the valkyrie.

MajorWesJanson
02-12-2010, 22:21
Terminator plushie designs. (http://r7ll.deviantart.com/art/Termie-Plushies-134981136)

Black Library should sell those, along with plush Tyranid Gaunts.

SolkaTruesilver
03-12-2010, 14:13
Black Library should sell those, along with plush Tyranid Gaunts.

I'd love to have a plushy Bloodthirster.

Or Daemonette? :rolleyes:

Mr_Rose
03-12-2010, 14:29
I'd love to have a plushy Bloodthirster.

Or Daemonette? :rolleyes:
Nah, that'd be a body-pillow...

=Angel=
03-12-2010, 20:01
'The regiments to which the Storm Troop squads are attached often regard the inimitably dedicated and better equipped Storm Troopers with a certain amount of animosity, referring to them by such names as 'Glory Boys' and 'Big Toy Soldiers'.'

So, they have toy soldiers at least.
As noted already, Titanicus gives us wind up toy Titans.
I can't recall where but I'm sure I've read about a girls ragdoll.

But I'm certain they have toy tanks if they have toy soldiers. An if they have toy soldiers, they have toy orks who look like the 'primer orks'.

boogaloo
04-12-2010, 20:37
I think that the closest thing that we can compare to Space marines in this world is Angels. Messengers and warriors of God, who rend his enemies and guard his strong hold with flaming swords, and slay the firstborn of those who oppose him.

SO I mean it would kind of put space marines in that light... More of a religious icon, but not so religious that a toy of one would be sacreligious. I don`t rightly see them having primarch plushies. That`s just a little to heretical. I do however see Sanguinius getting a little bit of extra attention when the sanguinala comes around, but I see that as more of a religious icon. Sort of like the angel on top of a christmas tree, not soo much a toy per se.

I can however see all kinds of IG toys. Remote control Sentinels, "Pop GUn" Basilisks, Ogryn's with karate chop action, Forgeworld Monopoly, and Cadian RISK.

But realisticly space marines are the stuff of myths. I am about as likely to see an Angel as the average imperial citizen is to see an astartes, and I really do think that this is how the imperium would view them. They are a miracle sent from the God-Emperor when the battle seems all but lost, and the citizens think of them as such.

Also... I would be too afraid to play with a Logan Grimnar Dress up Paper doll, for fear what he would do to me when he found out I put him in a pink flowery dress :(

Kage2020
04-12-2010, 20:38
When wandering around Italy I saw a "Pope in a snowstorm." Go figure. :D

Kage

Mr_Rose
04-12-2010, 20:54
I think that the closest thing that we can compare to Space marines in this world is Angels. Messengers and warriors of God, who rend his enemies and guard his strong hold with flaming swords, and slay the firstborn of those who oppose him.

SO I mean it would kind of put space marines in that light... More of a religious icon, but not so religious that a toy of one would be sacreligious. I don`t rightly see them having primarch plushies. That`s just a little to heretical. I do however see Sanguinius getting a little bit of extra attention when the sanguinala comes around, but I see that as more of a religious icon. Sort of like the angel on top of a christmas tree, not soo much a toy per se.

I can however see all kinds of IG toys. Remote control Sentinels, "Pop GUn" Basilisks, Ogryn's with karate chop action, Forgeworld Monopoly, and Cadian RISK.

But realisticly space marines are the stuff of myths. I am about as likely to see an Angel as the average imperial citizen is to see an astartes, and I really do think that this is how the imperium would view them. They are a miracle sent from the God-Emperor when the battle seems all but lost, and the citizens think of them as such.

Also... I would be too afraid to play with a Logan Grimnar Dress up Paper doll, for fear what he would do to me when he found out I put him in a pink flowery dress :(
Of course, that's all for regular civilised worlds and the middle classes there.

Cadian children of course all get "My First Lasgun (now with realistic cleaning kit!)" at age two and a Noble House scion on Necromunda would probably play with Spyre-suit action figures that come complete with "realistic downhive scum - now with Real Screamİ technology!" or the occasional hive intrigue board-game that "realistically simulates inter-familial plots and back-stabbing."

Tarian
04-12-2010, 21:01
Bah, in the grim darkness of the future there is only WAR! :evilgrin:

The girls get Sisters of Battle Play Chapel and My First Self-Flagellation set (and maybe on Tallarn some My Little Mukaali (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Tallarn_Desert_Raiders/TALLARN-MUKAALI-ROUGH-RIDER-1.html)) :p

The girls also get SoB Easy Bake Ovens, with real Flamethrower action.

Shnerg
05-12-2010, 12:51
I always saw the Space Marines of more of a strike force, you know? You aren't aware of what's happened until you're surrounded by dead things, so it would seem a bit silly. Guard on the other hand, I can envision having an action figure, possibly made of marshmallow.

Galenwolf
08-02-2011, 02:24
I don't know. Whilst GW keeps trying to constantly push "ITS GRIM ITS DARK!" every day the black library novels paint the imperium slightly lighter. They have Cain destroying a middle class suburb and constantly destroying shrubberies. There's bars, restaurants, cinema's (which seems to show a 41st millennium version of Starship Troopers) etc. They also have sports so not having kids toys would seem weird.

Sai-Lauren
08-02-2011, 09:40
I don't know. Whilst GW keeps trying to constantly push "ITS GRIM ITS DARK!" every day the black library novels paint the imperium slightly lighter. They have Cain destroying a middle class suburb and constantly destroying shrubberies. There's bars, restaurants, cinema's (which seems to show a 41st millennium version of Starship Troopers) etc. They also have sports so not having kids toys would seem weird.
Well, Black Library authors have to try and make the universe work - rather than just be a vague construct to justify why the armies are the way they are. ;)

And universal grimdark just makes everything grey and bland - you need some light in there to make the darkness really dark by comparison.

Bubonic Chronic
08-02-2011, 12:45
Guard on the other hand, I can envision having an action figure, possibly made of marshmallow.

Possibly the funniest thing I read on this forum

[lexus]
08-02-2011, 18:39
Sure, why wouldnt kids have some form of toys. What would they do all day long if there wasnt some form of child entertainment. Especially on more developed worlds that are not in the neighborhood of any warzone or something else that would require everyone to be conscripted right into the army after birth.

adeptusphotographicus
08-02-2011, 18:57
read Titanicus one character in the story sells toys.. expensive toys mind, but toys none the less.

plus there are many many small references to finding a doll, and little carved battleship, a wooden tank..
read BL books the small one line references to toys are many.

Mr_Rose
08-02-2011, 21:30
The thing is, most of the published game material is about war, somewhat unsurprisingly. Children in war-zones are either corpses, combatants, or refugees, so they generally don't have much in the way of playthings.

The broader Imperium, however, is not actually at war all that much. There are contested territories and periodic raids on frontier worlds and even the occasional all-out xenos or chaos invasion, but the vast majority of Imperial Worlds only hear about wars and their only real contact with them is when the Munitorum recruiters come around looking for warm bodies for the Guard.
Those worlds have internal economies we would recognise and probably familiar lifestyles too. Not every imperial citizen is a trudging adept chained to a desk, nor is every single product and service provided by the Mechanicum; soap companies might well have a magos in charge of their chemistry dept. and use mechanicum-supplied machinery, but they will be doing the design work on their own plastic bottles and have marketing folks hired from the general population.

Toy companies might therefore exist, but I suspect that they will be mandated to supply, or be able to supply on a moment's notice, weaponry and other "non-trivial" goods as needed, because it might be considered an affront to the Omnissiah for a machine that could be making a real lasgun is actually employed in making dolls. Even if they are 28mm high reproductions of the Holy Astartes...

SpaceTiger
09-02-2011, 14:15

I have to say this- the Terminator plushies are devastatingly cute. I also want one :(.

Gingerwerewolf
09-02-2011, 15:50

That made me immediately think of the Mechanicum bringing out a Mechano style kit, and then placing a device to monitor you in the box.

As long as you follow the Instructions you will be fine, vary the design in any way and BOOM!

Tymell
09-02-2011, 17:13
That made me immediately think of the Mechanicum bringing out a Mechano style kit, and then placing a device to monitor you in the box.

As long as you follow the Instructions you will be fine, vary the design in any way and BOOM!

Those instructions including a couple of hours of prayer to the Machine God before attempting assembly :D