PDA

View Full Version : Would you be cool with...

LawrencePhillips
29-11-2010, 10:38
I've had my Servents of Decay army on the shelf since codex IG came out and it was clear what a raw deal, the renegades get in points costs. This is a real shame as I have a full army of them, all converted FW models.

I've had a look at the new PDF which seems to perfectly correct all the major issues. However after waiting a few months, its pretty clear we're not getting ones for IA 6 & 7 any time soon. I don't really want to use the IA 5 one as I can't have plague marines, which I've converted into true scale from the FW bodies.

So the question:

Who would object to me substituting the costs and special rules from the PDF update to the coresponding units in IA7. Specifically these are: Company Command Squad, Infantry Platoon, Armoured Fists Squads & Enforces. This results in my 1500 point list being about 50-100 points cheeper, though 5 point power weapons are increased to 10 pts.

TrojanWolf
29-11-2010, 10:42
I probably wouldn't mind. It's close enough to the same thing, isn't it?

LawrencePhillips
29-11-2010, 10:47
they gain a rule to allow infantry squads to combine, like IG, except the command squad has the rule too. That said, I play my renegades in chimeras so I don't use it. Basically its a point saving and a few bug fixes. But those points mean the difference between walking plague marines and a rhino to hitch a lift in.

ehlijen
29-11-2010, 11:57
Their command squads can blob in? Does that allow blob squads with medics or powerfists? Because those are the two things GW seemed to want to deliberately avoid with IG.

Mannimarco
29-11-2010, 13:52
The renegade list doesnt get medics anyway so no worries there. Think life is cheap in the guard? Try the renegade list and see just how cheap life gets.

yeah theres a few minor tweaks here and there, Ive been using the new points costs for the armoured fist squads since a couple of days after the update came out. This saves me enough points to get a couple of lascannon armed scout sentinels.

We reason that it was their intention for the other 2 books to use this new updated list until they get around to releasing the other PDFs (which doesnt look like its going to happen)

LawrencePhillips
29-11-2010, 14:08
Yeah, the only abuse you can pull off out of the new blob squad is with enforcers (evil commissars). They can execute a veteran and auto pass a moral test, like IG used to be. With blob squad you can have 4 veterans in the command squad + 1 for each infantry squads.

As I said, I'm using chimeras so I wont be using this particular combination.

Mannimarco
29-11-2010, 19:10
Yeah I say go for it. Your already using an underpowered list (compared to the guard dex) so this isnt exactly game breaking.

How about the rest of your list? What does that look like?

Angelust
29-11-2010, 19:14
Yeah, I wouldn't mind. I would love to see a beautiful army like that.

LawrencePhillips
01-12-2010, 14:48
Necrosius
7 Plague Marines with PF, Plasma, Flamer Rhino
1 CCS with exhalted Champion, PW
3x Armoured Fist with Meltas
3x Rogue Psykers
1 Hellhound
2 Blight Drones

Mannimarco
01-12-2010, 15:00
You cant take blight drones in a renegade army. I know its wierd but thems the rules im afraid.

LawrencePhillips
01-12-2010, 17:14
Hmm army builder seems to think otherwise. If my opponent feels the drones are unacceptable I'll sub them for a demolished and some sentinels

Mannimarco
01-12-2010, 17:39
Army Builder doesnt supersede the IA book the blight drones are in.

Personally Id rather have a demolisher and a pair of sentinels over the blight drones but they are pretty nice models. I take them more out of Nurgle fanboyism than actual table top ability.

LawrencePhillips
02-12-2010, 07:28
Exactly, if this was about WAAC, I'd wouldn't use this list. I like it because the models are beautiful and the composition is characterful. None-the-less, it still needs a reasonable chance of winning else its just no fun.

I re-read the entery in the book, and you are right which is a pain. Still if I convert up a few more truescale deathguard, I could used them in a codex chaos marines list. Might even get Mamon and use him as a normal DP with wind