PDA

View Full Version : 2k DE tourney with pics

Deathpepper
29-11-2010, 20:55
My first 8th edition tournament report, enjoy.
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67311

Witchblade
29-11-2010, 21:19
Love the reporting style: concise and illustrated.

Boss_Salvage
29-11-2010, 21:32
Just through the first report, really enjoying the illustrated pictures. On that first game, doesn't the stank auto-pass all characteristic tests? So while it takes the stupidity test - because even unbreakable things can be Stupid ;) - it also just drops it aside? And speaking of unbreakable ... Pretty sure your cauldron is unbreakable, which means no fleeing and being destroyed by the stank. Though the naked chicks might have gotten run over anyway :D

But right, back to the games, and thanks for posting the link over here!

- Salvage

Deathpepper
29-11-2010, 21:59
Just through the first report, really enjoying the illustrated pictures. On that first game, doesn't the stank auto-pass all characteristic tests? So while it takes the stupidity test - because even unbreakable things can be Stupid ;) - it also just drops it aside? And speaking of unbreakable ... Pretty sure your cauldron is unbreakable, which means no fleeing and being destroyed by the stank. Though the naked chicks might have gotten run over anyway :D

But right, back to the games, and thanks for posting the link over here!

- Salvage
The stank (and other warmachines) auto fail all characteristic tests except T or Ld. They take those normally. p.108

The cauldron is not unbreakable. It might have been stubborn from it's own Altar of Khaine rule (it is Khainite), but I wasn't sure.

Boss_Salvage
29-11-2010, 22:51
P. 51 in the Empire book says stanks pass all characteristic tests except for I tests, which are auto-failed. Is LD not a characteristic too?

Looks like you're right on about the cauldron, guess it's just stubborn then. I was getting it confused with the other "I Do What I Want" Machine, the anvil ;)

Thanks again for the reports, pity lore of metal didn't work out as well as it might have had you say played all WoC or something similarly unpleasant!

- Salvage

Golden Lion
30-11-2010, 12:54
Thanks for clear and fun reports! Great read.

Malorian
30-11-2010, 16:38
I'd give you flak for not just posting here if it wasn't for Warseer's stupid ban on pictures :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reports. The diagrams were great.

selone
02-12-2010, 13:07
Great series of reports with nice pictures taken, thank you. Indeed, Mal I'm tempted to do the same thing as my reports really lose out from just having links

Trains_Get_Robbed
03-12-2010, 06:22
Ummm. . . I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but if a unit suffers enough casualties to bring its overall model count to under 25% in one phase and or is fleeing with less than 25%, then it requires 'insane' to rally. So for example that Goblin Rider that charged your flank of Xbows (you get a stand and shoot also), should have only been able to pass the panic on insane.

Awilla the Hun
03-12-2010, 13:06
Those reports are the opposite of my style, but still excellent! I know this sounds disloyal, but well done to that Ogre player for a minor victory. It's good to seem them fighting back in the new edition.

SevenSins
03-12-2010, 18:43
very nice reps and sounds like good times were had :)

I'm surprised you didn't get more out of your chariots, they've been golden for me

a bit curious as to why you chose metal as your lore (I take it you couldn't change lores underway in the tournament)?

Nihil
08-12-2010, 06:59
all nice reports and pictures, I could clearly see what was going on all the time and I'm only new to fantasy