PDA

View Full Version : Killing Time Until Ultramarines is Released...

Godzooky
30-11-2010, 11:38
Hi all,

I know we're all disappointed at the delay of our first official 40K film. Lets try to pass the time thinking about something else:

Soooo, do you say Codexes, or Codices? *ducks*

Just kidding! Just kidding! Please don't answer that! :D

What is the next model you plan, or would like to, buy?

Although I have put a stop on any more purchases because of the immense grey and pewter backlog I have in my place, I have to say that FW's Huron is a very appealing purchase.

How about you?

carldooley
30-11-2010, 11:48
personally, I think it is codecii :shifty:

personally, I am downgrading - getting rid of my SM, CSM, and nids(I'll be posting a list on dakka in Dec. - nothing against warseer, but while most of warseer is in the UK, the majority of dakka are in the US). keeping my IG. The next thing that I'll probably buy for them is either going to be a battery of Hydras(probably FW turrets on basilisks so I can convert them to Medusas also) or the new GK Codex (:cheese: - gotta see if I can still use mystical inquisitors or GK allies).

TimLeeson
30-11-2010, 11:55
I have too many projects, as ever. Did some very rough test sculpts for my future Hrud army to get down the basic ideas and concepts I want and to see how things will work - also doing some sculpts for Epic scale Enslavers - which I hope to make a whole sprue of.

Aiwass
30-11-2010, 11:57
*Codices AFAIK

My next models in mind are 8 CSM terminator, 2 heavy converted oblits and then stop making 40k (not playing, just modelling) for a while and start a Warhammer Ancients Battles army :)

dragonet111
30-11-2010, 12:02
My BA army is my first army. It's a early 3ed army and it is playable but not really well painted.
So with the new codex I choose to re-start from zero, I tried several lists and choose two I like. I'm waiting for February to see new photos of the Stormraven to decided and if I really like the model. After seeing it with different angles I will build my new 1500 points army.

The Two armies I choose:

Mech assault with Rhino and predators
A strike force with 2 Stormravens (not efficient but more fun IMO)

Chem-Dog
30-11-2010, 12:16
Codexes imho.

I am in the process of building my renegade IG force, 1st blob squad nearly finished, Primaris Psyker nearly done...
After that I've got to decide what I'm going to make my Psyker Battle squad out of.
Then it's blob squad 2.

LonelyPath
30-11-2010, 12:46
I tend to do it as codecis or codeciis depending no whichever I prefer to use at the time.

Also, there's a thread on codexes/codeciis already on here from a couple of weeks ago...

As for my next model I'm planning to get a Chimera to convert into a 2nd Hydra (having finally converted my first one over the weekend, several months after I started planning the project, heh). Other than that it's a box of CSM terminators or a box of Wyches.

Isfimbur
30-11-2010, 12:48
Me thinks Codexiisessexers!

I'm converting myselfs some 'ard boyz! They are starting to look proppa 'ard and speed kulty. Orks orks orks orks, ork orks orks orks!

Godzooky
30-11-2010, 12:50
Also, there's a thread on codexes/codeciis already on here from a couple of weeks ago...

Maybe I didn't make it very clear in my opening post. I do have a pretty odd sense of humour, after all. The Codexes/Codices line was simply a flippant reference to that furiously contested thread.

Sadly some people have actually answered despite my request that they didn't. I simply want to know about projects or models people are into at the moment.

It's all happening again !!! :cries::cries::cries:

world in grey
30-11-2010, 12:53
I have so many boxes pilling up at mine and my girlfriends, got blood angels, space wolves, dark angels, imperial guard, iron warriors, dark eldar, skaven and orks. all with a minimum of 1500 points in each with most of it still unbuilt in boxes.
Everytime I start something I think of another ork project I want to start and end up forgeting about what I'm working on and buying more orks.

So having started my new dark eldar I've managed to build a 10 man squad of warriors and already I feel the pull of my orks so I think the next project is going to be a large squad of gretchin converted to be carrying more tools to fit in with my Big Mek lead army

Or maybe convert a valkyrie in to a fighta bomma
or start my stompa
or another deff dread
oh I don't know to many boxes to choose from

TheWarmaster
30-11-2010, 12:54
Urien Rakarth to use as a haemonculus and the new Dark Eldar codex.

Wil Grand
30-11-2010, 13:01
Given it's latin then it's Codices...

Godzooky
30-11-2010, 13:02

Noooooo!!!! :cries:

Aiwass
30-11-2010, 13:05
Maybe I didn't make it very clear in my opening post. I do have a pretty odd sense of humour, after all.
Sadly some people have actually answered despite my request that they didn't.

I have some odd sense of humour too, hence I've answered tbh :)

But keep this topic on topic!

WAB next army: My aim is a 1500 points army of Iberian warriors of the Punic Wars, mainly a guerrilla light army :)

Korraz
30-11-2010, 13:05
Must....resist...
Codex / Codices
Adeptus / Adepti
No Adepta. No Codeximinimus. No whatever.

I'll get myself some Orks and order a Bomma and Squiggoth (the small one) from FW, as start for my Waaagh!

Isfimbur
30-11-2010, 13:19
I have so many boxes pilling up at mine and my girlfriends, got blood angels, space wolves, dark angels, imperial guard, iron warriors, dark eldar, skaven and orks. all with a minimum of 1500 points in each with most of it still unbuilt in boxes.
Everytime I start something I think of another ork project I want to start and end up forgeting about what I'm working on and buying more orks.

So having started my new dark eldar I've managed to build a 10 man squad of warriors and already I feel the pull of my orks so I think the next project is going to be a large squad of gretchin converted to be carrying more tools to fit in with my Big Mek lead army

Or maybe convert a valkyrie in to a fighta bomma
or start my stompa
or another deff dread
oh I don't know to many boxes to choose from

Perhaps you should just stick with the Orks then. ;)

GingerBalls
30-11-2010, 13:41
Gonna pick up 3 ravagers after work today! Gonna bring the dark lance pain on some chumps in my local planetary campaign.

Insane Psychopath
30-11-2010, 14:11
Just had my Space Wolves finish up for Throne of Skulls tournament last week. Was happy to get top 10 for best painted.

Currently aim to finish my Dark Eldar for the 24th Dec, just so I can get them fully painted & use in store. Just I hate useing unpainted models if I can help it.
You can find a project log on these fourms on my Dark Eldar.
Just 24th Dec it usely go to my Local GW, then when close for the day a lot of us veteran gamers will usely go to a local pub for a hour or so.

So far the army going well & with the snow effect travel mean a lot of painting time to keep away the cabin fever (last year was stuck in the house for a month solid from the week before Christmas).
Also mange to pick up some DVD to watch while I paint.

Christmas I should have my 1500pts Wolf Wing army which I look forward to build in the moring, as in the afternoon it will all be about Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the PS3. Looking forward to collecting the Wolf Wing, bring my Wolves army up to 3000pts as well. Got a lot of nice conversion idea & pick up a few FW SW Terminators converson packs while down in Nottingham for the ToS event.

After that I will be aim to build a new Blood Angels army just after Christmas for Throne of Skulls next year. Got a lot of conversion ideas. Got a few boxies aside, know the bad snow weather would be here soon. I stock up on Sat there when I was in my local GW on both Dark Eldar & some bits to try out the conversion for my Blood Angels force.
Need to get 500pts ready for Conflict Scotland in April.

Orks will be the next project after that to try test my converting skills. Just need to make a army list I like & is not same or seen that my local GW/club.

After that I will be looking to a Imperial Guard army, want to try my hands that a Storm Trooper like force. If anyone rememeber George Dellapina Dragon Slayer. For this it to try & sculpt as I never really been on for useing green stuff other than to fill in gaps.

Possible try get a Grey knight army if the new codex is release.

Not sure what to do after words. Just I paint armies pretty fast, as said not being a fan of useing un-painted armies.
So this lot should take me up to June that least. Just I like collecting a lot of armies due to I enjoy conversion, try out new painting style & just overall game side as well.

Also I have a Sanguinary Guard force that need to be finish up. But that is back up right now, as said with the snow weather.

IP

Serpent
30-11-2010, 14:15
I'm currently building a second Razordback, and also building enough turrets to field either two with Assault Cannons or two with twin-las configuration...

Next will probably be some more Wolf Guard.

magicmonkey
30-11-2010, 14:44

i hope you know we dont tolerate that kind of cleverness and logic on this internet *loads shotgun*
in allseriesness i say whatever the other person says and dont really care. i am also buying some thunder hammer terminators.

Sir_Turalyon
30-11-2010, 14:59
Codices if you remember it's a latin loan word. Matrices, vertices, indices, codices.

Codexes if you pretend it's english word with germanic roots.

Currently I'm waiting for a vyper to arrive to start buliding a venom, and pondering with idea of painting more bretonnian knights. Or making some Trueborn. Or finishing the Space Hulk terminators. Or one of dozen other projects lying around.

FlashGordon
30-11-2010, 16:57
Can i make a female space marine chapter? There are two unknown legions out there so there could be that one of them where made up by female SM's.
They could be survivors that escaped the emperors wrath out of the galaxy but have returned "now" as renegades fighting for humanity like the souldrinkers.

Kadaan
30-11-2010, 17:51
Can i make a female space marine chapter? There are two unknown legions out there so there could be that one of them where made up by female SM's.
They could be survivors that escaped the emperors wrath out of the galaxy but have returned "now" as renegades fighting for humanity like the souldrinkers.

Begun, the nerd war has.

slade the slaughter
30-11-2010, 18:16

I see no problem with that. I would think such as army would only be given a good reaction on warseer.

I got a mk1 rhino off ebay, its currently painted in ultramarie blue but i repainting it to fit in with my iron warriors. And im playing my new dark elder army.

x-esiv-4c
30-11-2010, 18:24
Both "forgotten" chapters were purged.

Korraz
30-11-2010, 18:48
Haha, well done. I nearly fell for it.

FlashGordon
30-11-2010, 20:08

There is no proof that they were purged, only that something "very bad" happened with them(The first heretic).

And there is only a minor fluff stating that only males can be marines. But this information is obviously "in-universe knowledge", which means that there can still be female marines!

Simo429
30-11-2010, 20:21

Not if you have read first heretic unless of course the Ultramarines have female space marines

FlashGordon
30-11-2010, 20:40
Not if you have read first heretic unless of course the Ultramarines have female space marines

It would appear that you have not read it. :rolleyes:

Simo429
30-11-2010, 21:17
Magnus clearly indicates that the Ultramarines absorbed the destroyed legions saying along the lines of 'The Ultramarines did seem to grow in numbers following those events

care to tell me what I read wrong though?

Whitetip
30-11-2010, 21:21
Iron Fists Venerable Dreadnaught before Christmas? If it keeps snowing I'll have nowt else to do...

KayazyAssassin
30-11-2010, 22:38
Master of the ravenwing I love that model and I'm starting the army

world in grey
30-11-2010, 22:50
Perhaps you should just stick with the Orks then. ;)

you know I thought of that but everything else is just so shiny

squeekenator
30-11-2010, 22:54
I say codexes. I didn't even consider there being any other way of saying it until I encountered people on the internet raging about others saying codexes, at which point I decided I would continue to use the incorrect version just to irritate them. :p

I'm going to buy myself some of them delicious Raiders next. Just started up a DE force, I've got twenty Warriors led by the fabulous Sliscus, but they really need themselves some pimpmobiles to feel like proper Dark Eldar.

Lord Asgul
01-12-2010, 12:01
I say codexes but then again, being completely non-conformist myself I actually say codexexexexexexexaidsexexexes.

I'm currently working on a Word Bearers Chosen Squad, 10 Bloodletters and some Grave Guard I'm converting into Inquisitorial Stormtroopers

Bunnahabhain
01-12-2010, 16:27
Codex.

We should only have one marine book,and we all know that GW aren't interested in anyone else, after all xenos are just targets, and the rest of the Imperium are just training missions...

On topic, I'm scratch building some artillery. Have a section of heavy mortars, working on the thudd gun section ( modelled as nerbwerfers), and planning a manticore conversion. Currently thinking about a Radar set up to replace the turret; and as I don't fix the top hatch in, an artillery back that just drops into that.

FlashGordon
01-12-2010, 17:50
Magnus clearly indicates that the Ultramarines absorbed the destroyed legions saying along the lines of 'The Ultramarines did seem to grow in numbers following those events

care to tell me what I read wrong though?

Ah the warseer logic, if it stated as a rumour IT IS FACT!!!!!
Except that it is only stated as a rumour by the legion that hates the Ultramarines. :rolleyes:

x-esiv-4c
01-12-2010, 19:12
There is no proof that they were purged, only that something "very bad" happened with them(The first heretic).

And there is only a minor fluff stating that only males can be marines. But this information is obviously "in-universe knowledge", which means that there can still be female marines!

I'm pretty sure First Heretic mentions they were "forgotten and purged". Is there solid proof? No. Is there solid proof that the chap sitting on the throne is actually the Emperor? No.

noobzilla
01-12-2010, 19:18
I'm currently working on Mass producing gaunts. I cannot wait until I finally am able to paint the rest of the big beasties I have on hold... They are easy and more fun to paint than gaunt after gaunt. :(

Aiwass
01-12-2010, 19:23
Every time I read this thread's title i read "killing ultramarines until time is released", anyone else?

Obliterators started btw :)

Simo429
01-12-2010, 19:24
Ah the warseer logic, if it stated as a rumour IT IS FACT!!!!!
Except that it is only stated as a rumour by the legion that hates the Ultramarines. :rolleyes:

Why do the Thousand Sons hate the ultramarines?

As for talking about rumours, thats just stupid, its a fictional rumour about a fictional event its not like reading the Sun and seeing something about Messi joining Man Utd tomorrow morning. Authors of Black Library books don't have carte blanche over what they right, significant events are scripted for them to include.

Also lets not forget that the original comment from you to me was saying I clearly hadn't read First Heretic.

Garanaul the Black
02-12-2010, 00:13
Since 'codices' is the only variant not to trip Warseer's spell check, I'm guessing its correct.

Anyways, first up some base coating then I NEED to clean and reorganize my work room, it's getting out of hand.

Then its on to that Land Raider and LC Terminators parts that have been collecting dust.

G

Angelwing
02-12-2010, 00:41
Fantasy zombies and my tyranid heirophant base

DaSpaceAsians
02-12-2010, 12:35
Saving money for either a Valkyrie, 3 Sentinels or starting Fantasy with Empire

The Clairvoyant
02-12-2010, 14:22
so many projects, so little time:

Marines - Converting more RTB01s to ride in 2nd ed metal landspeeders; converting 2nd ed whirlwind to make the gunner Mk6; converting another RTB01 marine to man the 2nd ed Razorback; repainting my RT bikes; painting another 2 tactical squads (more RTB01s) so i have a full company of Mk6s.
Thunderhawk is being made from plasticard. Front section is almost finished.

Tyranids - repainting all my old models that have sat in a box for years - an army of tyranid warriors with deathspitters or boneswords, screamer-killers and genestealers. Painting up some zoats with missile launchers to use as hive guard. Still need to buy the actual codex!

Orks - Still painting a stompa with a second one still in its box since last christmas.

Scenery - Plenty more to build and paint

And thats just the 40k stuff :(

FlashGordon
02-12-2010, 15:09
Why do the Thousand Sons hate the ultramarines?

As for talking about rumours, thats just stupid, its a fictional rumour about a fictional event its not like reading the Sun and seeing something about Messi joining Man Utd tomorrow morning. Authors of Black Library books don't have carte blanche over what they right, significant events are scripted for them to include.

Also lets not forget that the original comment from you to me was saying I clearly hadn't read First Heretic.

Actually the ones voicing this were Lorgar and some of his Gal Vorbak.

Simo429
02-12-2010, 15:31
I dont have the book in front of me but I am positive it wasn't. It was when Magnus was called to Cholchis, there were no Space Marines present.

Chem-Dog
02-12-2010, 20:23

It's incorrect to assume that simply using a latin word one must then use the latin grammar, if you wanted to apply that logic, female Inquisitors would be Inquisitrix/Inquisitrices.
Personally I don't think a 40K army book can be considered a true Codex, it's simply a decontextualised brand name.

Legions

No it's variously stated in several of the HH series books that the legions were gone gone gone. Separate tragedies and all that.

It's a rumour, nothing solid is ever stated.

Sorry Zooky :p

dragonet111
02-12-2010, 20:29

In other languages it's a word that doesn't change between singular and plurial

After several games with my IG I also want to redo that army with a new paint scheme but it will wait the end of my BA successor:)

Friedrich von Offenbach
03-12-2010, 01:53
I really don't get the point of this disscusion, but....
1, due to my wonderful english i just say codex with an s on the end
and 2, i find it difficult to buy anything because of the prices being so off putting, even though i'm planning to get a warhound titan (did I just contradict myself?)

Cry of the Wind
03-12-2010, 01:57
I'm busy replaying Fallout 3 with the expectation that someone will buy me the new expansion and Black Ops for Christmas. I'm also very busy with my Angels Encarmine and real life work. Long story short I've got enough on my plate without worrying about when Ultramarines will be released and shipped to me.

unheilig
03-12-2010, 02:14
working on my soviet space marine chapter.

Garanaul the Black
03-12-2010, 02:17
working on my soviet space marine chapter.

Sounds very cool! You need to share your progress with us, do you have a PLOG?

G

unheilig
03-12-2010, 02:23
Sounds very cool! You need to share your progress with us, do you have a PLOG?

G

will definitely start one... probably in about a week... i don't wanna PLOG too long without the painting step being underway.