PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU use YOUR Stormvermin?

tarrym
30-11-2010, 18:09
So I have the parts for 50 Stormvermin ready to assemble, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm aiming for. Hence the poll.

Options:

1) 10x5 (horde), Full Command, Halberds: A big unit, with a big (for Skaven) impact when in combat. Trusting in their standard Heavy Armour to protect enough of them as they make their way to combat.

2) 10x5 (horde), Full Command, Halberds and Shields: although the shields cannot be used in combat, they could still be very useful against those template weapons which are inevitably going to be aimed at the unit. A 4+ save against bow shots would also be better than 5+.

3) Several smaller units (e.g. 4 units of 12), each with Musician and Halberds. To be used as flankers*.

4) Other (please elaborate)

* = I'd be interested why people use Stormvermin for this role as oppose to say a unit of 20 Slaves? With only 12 models, the Stormvermin only need to lose 2 models in that first round of combat before they are no longer disrupting the enemy ranks.

Any explanation of the reasoning behind your votes would be appreciated.

This isn't to necessarily find the "right" or "wrong" answers, just to see what other people have decided on having faced the same decision themselves.

tarrym
30-11-2010, 18:13
Closing this as the poll seems to be broken.