PDA

View Full Version : 2k high elves

Adam87
01-12-2010, 23:10
Mage, level 2 (life), seerstaff(flesh to stone, regrowth), amulet of light.

180pts

mage, level 2 (shadow), silver wand.

145pts

39 spearmen, banner of eternal flame.

371pts

39 spearmean, banner.

361pts

14 whites lions (ranks of seven)

210pts

14 white lions (ranks of seven)

210pts

30 white lions (ranks of ten) banner of sorcery, champion.

524pts

so what do you think? Think it can work? Cheers.

thesheriff
02-12-2010, 17:35
I woudl swap those 14-man lion units for swordsmasters. In small units like that, you get more damage in. I would also knock down the spearmen to 2 25 man unist with command. With the remaining points 252pts, i would buy a bsb with banner of the world dragon, great weapon, shield, dragon armour for the white lions (-176). Then remaining points i would use to invest in upgrading your magic. 1 lv.4 is better than 2 lv.2s. You've got enough points with those 2 wizards (+325) for a lv.4 with silver wand, taismain of saphery, forlaiths robes. The rest of the points i woudl use to get an eagle.

thesheriff

Prince Sairion
02-12-2010, 17:38
Agree with the sheriff, but the thing I say to every high elf player I'll say to you, take a unit of ten archers or a bolt thrower for the little stuff that you don't want to use magic on, but can kill your troops in droves.

Adam87
02-12-2010, 22:44
I woudl swap those 14-man lion units for swordsmasters. In small units like that, you get more damage in. I would also knock down the spearmen to 2 25 man unist with command. With the remaining points 252pts, i would buy a bsb with banner of the world dragon, great weapon, shield, dragon armour for the white lions (-176). Then remaining points i would use to invest in upgrading your magic. 1 lv.4 is better than 2 lv.2s. You've got enough points with those 2 wizards (+325) for a lv.4 with silver wand, taismain of saphery, forlaiths robes. The rest of the points i woudl use to get an eagle.

thesheriff

the is afew reasons i went for white lions over swordmastesr. I plan on using those units to protect my flanks so the stubborn will help alot. Swordmasters get shot up far too easy for my liking. The main reason for the white lions would be the fact i think they are cool and i have them. Lol i would realy like a bsb in the list. Dunno about the banner of the world dragon tho because that would stop me casting my life spells on the unit. It was my friend that talked me into big units of spears. Have you found units of 25 to work well? The only reason i have two wizards in so i have lore of life and shadow.

Carlo
02-12-2010, 23:00
i dont think it will work to good. but it will proberbly fun anyway. i think you lack manouverbility, might work whit those 14 WL on the flank but not sure how good it will hold up against a army set up for range dps, there is alot of options to pick on and not to many spells to protect them, big units like the 30 WL are strong if they get in CC fast, so it all depends on what you are faceing. and your going for luck on the shadow spells. might end up whit no range dps or spell dps of any kind.

but like i said, its for sure gonna be fun. played a few games of pure HE inf against dwarfs and its allways very fun games.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
03-12-2010, 05:48
Mage, level 2 (life), seerstaff(flesh to stone, regrowth), amulet of light.

180pts

mage, level 2 (shadow), silver wand.

145pts

39 spearmen, banner of eternal flame.

371pts

39 spearmean, banner.

361pts

14 whites lions (ranks of seven)

210pts

14 white lions (ranks of seven)

210pts

30 white lions (ranks of ten) banner of sorcery, champion.

524pts

so what do you think? Think it can work? Cheers.

Hmmm... the army point value is over by 1 pt.

I like the WL setup but I think you've invested too many points in the Spearmen units (at 2000k I think 35 would be sufficent & with the mages it becomes a 6x6 frontage with 18 attacks on charge / 24 attacks when being charged). With the extra points culled from the spearmen I'd try to fit in a lvl. 3 mage for the lore of life as the Throne of Vines makes most of the Life spells very powerful in addition to ignoring miscasts. Also I'd suggest giving the seerstaff to the Shadow Mage to make sure you get the withering & mindrazor spells.