PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts WoC list

logan054
03-12-2010, 10:36
Well I have a tournament tomorrow at my local GW, I have given the army a test, not sure about the item combos atm, the thing I am thinking about changing are the exalted, sorcerer and chaos warriors.

I am starting to think the warriors would be better slightly smaller but with blastered standard, exalted did fine as usual however I do think he might be better with some sort of wardsave, maybe even golden eye would be fine (cannons seem to be the problem here)

Marauders just died horribly however this was against a HE army, massive unit of seaguard, archers, RBT, hero with strength 5 bow, I am sort of 50/50 about if I should keep them or not.

Exalted Champion
- Mark of Khorne
- Juggernaut
- Ogre Blade
- Charmed Shield
Total 220pts

Chaos Sorcerer
- Lore of Fire
- 3rd Eye of Tzeentch
- Ironcurse Icon
Total 115pts

Heroes: 335pts

19 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Fullcommand
Total 354pts

30 Chaos Marauders
- Mark of Khorne
- Great weapons
- Standard
- Musician
Total 192pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

Core: 576pts

8 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard
- Musician
Total 380pts

Special: 380pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare: 205pts

Eta
03-12-2010, 13:09
I'd drop two warriors and add the Blasted Standard, it will let them take much more shooting.

logan054
03-12-2010, 13:19
Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking! I have also been wondering if I would be better off just having a lvl3/4 sorcerer rather than two heroes.

logan054
03-12-2010, 15:30
Well here are the tweaks then, I am still trying to think what would be the best kit for the exalted, to use my normal combo I would have to find 13 pts and all I'm not sure how I can squeeze that out of the list other than losing a unit champion with the leaves my sorcerer at the mercy of enemy characters, again I am still not sue about the marauders, against the HE last night they just got shoot to ribbons before they managed to actually do anything, by the time they reached combat I only had 18 left which just died horribly to seaguard ( I did mange to strike back with the front rank of 6!!).

So when it comes down to it just seems the only things that matter are the chaos warriors, knights and hellcannon, everything else just seems like its filling up the points :(

Exalted Champion
- Mark of Khorne
- Juggernaut
- Ogre Blade
- Charmed Shield
Total 220pts

Chaos Sorcerer
- Lore of Fire
- 3rd Eye of Tzeentch
Total 110pts

Heroes: 330pts

17 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Fullcommand
- Blastered Standard
Total 362pts

30 Chaos Marauders
- Mark of Khorne
- Great weapons
- Standard
- Musician
Total 192pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

Core: 584pts

8 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard
- Musician
Total 380pts

Special: 380pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare: 205pts

chaoslordmassurgi
04-12-2010, 13:35
martins empire could beat your army.lol.
i'll give you a game next thursday if u want. i'll crush you at 3k with warriors of chaos.find my list on the armylist section....i'll have proxy a hell cannon tho...

Eta
04-12-2010, 14:28
Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking! I have also been wondering if I would be better off just having a lvl3/4 sorcerer rather than two heroes.

That depends if you think a Sorcerer Lord would be more effective to support your army than the killy Exalted Hero.

You could exchange both heroes for this relatively cheap lord:

Sorcerer Lord
Level 4
Talisman of Preservation
Charmed Shield
Biting Blade

325 points

Gives you access to more BRB lores and better magic offence and defense.

logan054
04-12-2010, 22:30
martins empire could beat your army.lol.
i'll give you a game next thursday if u want. i'll crush you at 3k with warriors of chaos.find my list on the armylist section....i'll have proxy a hell cannon tho...

HAH, yeah general of year Martin might have been able to ;) well I crushed everyone today, my Hellcannon crushed Gordans Chaos warriors on combat and killed half his knights with the spit ;)

That HE guy (karl is it) is a such a cheat, his dragon princes champion had the +3 attack sword, his combat hero somehow had a destroy magic scroll and he like 20 seguard as his min core?? I think I u[set hi, his unit of 30 swordsmaters tried charging me and I just ran around it with my chaos knights and my chaos warriors just walked backwards, fleeing every charge and casting big fireball every turn :D

Anyways that sounds like a pan, I shall pwn your pussy whipped wannabe chaos girls on thursday mate :p

That depends if you think a Sorcerer Lord would be more effective to support your army than the killy Exalted Hero.

You could exchange both heroes for this relatively cheap lord:

Sorcerer Lord
Level 4
Talisman of Preservation
Charmed Shield
Biting Blade

325 points

Gives you access to more BRB lores and better magic offence and defense.

I am glad I didnt take a lvl4 instead of the two heroes, I think people moaned about the list enough.

Eta
05-12-2010, 12:06
I am glad I didnt take a lvl4 instead of the two heroes, I think people moaned about the list enough.

What can you possibly have against this list? It is a balanced all comers list that even has the "subpar" juggernaut hero.

By the way, in which formation did you run the knights? 5x2 with the hero or wider?

logan054
05-12-2010, 12:34
Funny was the WoC guy who used basically the same army said my army was a bit beardy, I did explain to him that using the jugger (subpar or not he seriously rocked in every game!) and marauders made it a nice balanced fun army. I think one of the main complaints was the hellcannon, in the first game against WoC it:

removed the charmed shield from my opponents jugger (same build as mine which meant i killed his in a challenge)
killed 5 chaos knights with a direct hit
charged his CW with sorcerer in the flank and destroyed them (rolled 6 on the stomp :D)

I think what people failed to notice was 70% of the time it did miss, its just the few times it did hit it was game changing.

The chaos knights ran in a 5x2 formation, i found this was very effective and far easier to move.

this is the first 1500pts (apparently) list I face

Archmage
- Book of Hoeth
- 5+ wardsave (apparently this is standard lol)
- Lore of Metal

Hero
- Great weapon
- Sigil of Asuryan (I found out on turn 3 this was the model that blew up my fireball so I took my spell back)
- 3+ save (not sure how?)

20 Seguard

5 dragon princes
- fullcommand
- Standard of Balance (which was nearly also on the SM as well lol)
- blade of leaping gold on champion (who he tried to claim had strength 4!)

29 Sword masters
- fullcommand
- champion had Guardian Phoneix (originally the dragon prince had this as well as the sword!)
- Banner of Sorcery (which he was using as +D3 dispel dice, also tried to claim they had the standard of balance when my knights charged)

RBT

Guy wouldnt let me check his list after the game either

Eta
05-12-2010, 13:12
The HE list has an illegal lord, illegal hero, ~8% less core than required, more than 50% specials (but this could be a High Elf thing) and is in general about 180 points over 1500. Didn't the tournament organisers check the army lists?

logan054
05-12-2010, 13:24
No sadly they didn't, it was only in GW however, as for the lord he said his arch mage had a 5+ wardsave as standard, I didn't really care because he was in combat by himself with a unit of chaos knights and a jugger hero in a challenge.

At the end of the day it didn't matter, I didn't engage his SM in combat once, My chaos knights charge his dragon princes turn one due to a diagonal deployment and I ended up off the board so he couldnt target them with magic, I then came back on behind his army and boxed his mage and SM in. My hellcannon charged his SM for a laugh and died (was funny however!).

Whenever his SM charged my warriors I fleed, rallied and cast the big fireball at them and was consistantly getting 18 hits on them, my chaos knights passed every restrain frenzy test and passed every march block test and just walked around them so he couldn't see them.

All I lost in the game was:

3 chaos hounds (who killed his RBT in combat after losing two guys)
marauders
3-4 chaos warriors.

end of the game he had 4 broken SM and a hero left

I am still not sure how his hero had a 3+ save and a 40pts scroll??

So with all the cheating I still trashed his ****, chaoslordmassurgi would have loved that game as did Gordan, for some reason people didn't like the fact I used tactics rather than taking every single charge thrown at me??

Last time I played this guy at 2k he had basically the same army, had teclis instead and a larger unit of dragon princes (that army was also illegal) and again I trashed him :D

The Grim
05-12-2010, 13:43
Man that HE list is utter bull crap.

I won't even highlight all the abuse but pretty much every unit is a fraud...

Was this guy 12 yo and could not read or something?

Besides 3+ wards do not exist for HE and I have no clue what that scroll is...

logan054
05-12-2010, 13:59
Sorry it was just a 3+ save, not a wardsave, apart for that yeah, it was a joke, still with all the cheating he lost horribly :D to be honest its quicker to list what wasn't abusive, here we go:

1) The RBT

well that took long, I would have listed the seaguard but because it didn't meet the 25%

At the end of the day i am not going to know the guys who ran it, it was a bit of fun for the weekend and they are nice enough guys.

Eta
05-12-2010, 16:13
I am still not sure how his hero had a 3+ save and a 40pts scroll??

Heavy armour / Dragon armour, Dragon Helm, shield = 3+ save. If the scroll wasn't an arcane item, the hero would have been legal pointswise.

logan054
05-12-2010, 21:36
The scroll is a Arcane item so no, he was illegal as well (did you really expect him to have something legal in his army), I am pretty sure he just thought of random items in the book and was like "I have this" as and when he needed them.

chaoslordmassurgi
06-12-2010, 12:02
look at my 3k list and tell me if im cheating id rather know now than have you come on here after the game and cry :D

logan054
06-12-2010, 12:08
I wont be the one crying after I crush you wanna be Chaos boys into the ground :D