PDA

View Full Version : Optimized 3K Dwarfs.

phoenixcrh
04-12-2010, 07:15
This is the list I have optimized over 10 games of warhammer in 8th so far. It has served me very well with 9 wins and 1 minor loss (cheating skaven :shifty:) Every thing has synergy, which is amazing when it works. Forgive the 'reserve' thing I have done, it is just incase I need to change for a bit of shooting or more magic defence. What do you guys think?

General. 10.7%, 7.1%
Lord. (Kazrik Silverbeard) 10.7%
Runelord, anvil of doom, shield, runic armour (rune of stone) = 323. (RESERVE 1)

Hero. (Arjac Rockfist) 4.5%
Thane, BSB, runic weapon (rune of fire), runic armour (master rune of gromril, rune of preservation) = 135.

Hero. (Ulli Halfhand) 2.6%
Master engineer, brace of pistols = 80.

Core Units. 35.8%
2*40 warriors, great weapons = 800. (10*4)

*25 rangers, great weapons = 275. (5*5)

Special Units. 37.5%
*39 hammerers, standard bearer, runic standard (master rune of grungni) = 530. (10*4) (Arjac goes here) (RESERVE 1)

*15 miners, prospector, steam drill = 200. (5*3)

(Fury)
Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of accuracy, rune of burning) = 135.

(Wrath)
Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of accuracy) = 130.

(Vengeance)
Runic cannon (rune of forging, rune of burning) = 130. (Entrenched)

Rare Units. 8.6%
(Bertha)
Gyrocopter = 140.

(Helga)
Organ gun = 120.

= 2998.

Models 160 + 6 war machines.

RESERVE 1 -

General.
Lord. (Kazrik Silverbeard) 12.4%
Runelord, anvil of doom, shield, runic armour (rune of stone), runic talisman (*2 runes of spellbreaking) = 373.

40 hammerers = 480. (10x4) 16%

zeebie
04-12-2010, 21:06
how do you find running your Warriors and rangers without a command?, also wouldn't this list be a near auto lost if you had the breaking point scenario?

phoenixcrh
05-12-2010, 13:05
For those who ask the RESERVE element to the list is just in case I want to swap something. For instance I replace the gyrocopter with more magic defence for the runelord, or the shooting protection of the MRo grungni for the war machine proctection of a dragonslayer.

Well champions are a waste of points these days because they can be targeted.
Musicians are of no use to my big blocks because I rarely go to far to require a swift reform and for my small blocks I have the anvil for extra movement.
Finally if I need banners I just lose 1 dwarf per unit and upgrade a banner for 10 points, but I rarely play breakpoint any way as its not the best scenario.

I have found the list compliments each other with the forward elements of the rangers, miners and gyrocopter backed by the anvil gives me some manouvering ability. While 3 large blocks add to my killyness and well you have go to love dwarf war machines :p

HERES A RUN DOWN.

General. 10.7%, 7.1%
Runelord, anvil of doom, shield, runic armour (rune of stone) = 323.

magic protection, slows down/damages enemy units, provides extra movement.

Thane, BSB, runic weapon (rune of fire), runic armour (master rune of gromril, rune of preservation) = 135.

helps against regen, rerolls tests.

Master engineer, brace of pistols = 80.

protects warmachines, rerolls grudge throwers, entrenches cannon.

Core Units. 35.8%
2*40 warriors, great weapons = 800. (10*4)

horde of high strength attacks, numbers.

*25 rangers, great weapons = 275. (5*5)

forward combat ability or defensive flanker.

Special Units. 37.5%
*39 hammerers, standard bearer, runic standard (master rune of grungni) = 530. (10*4) (BSB goes here)

main anvil/hammer, horde of higher strength attacks, numbers.

*15 miners, prospector, steam drill = 200. (5*3)

warmachine hunter, rear/flank charger with anvil, warmachine protector at a pinch.

Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of accuracy, rune of burning) = 135.

infantry killer, lower chance to misfire, negates regen.

Runic grudge thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of accuracy) = 130.

see above.

Runic cannon (rune of forging, rune of burning) = 130. (Entrenched)

monster killer, lower chance to misfire, negates regen.

Rare Units. 8.6%
Gyrocopter = 140.

march blocker, warmachine killer, warmachine hunter interceptor, template.

Organ gun = 120.

Warmachine protector, knight/skirmisher killer.

= 2998.

Models 160 + 6 war machines.

the army has good numbers and not a cheesy amount of war machines.

phoenixcrh
06-12-2010, 14:07
Can I get a consensus if this is a good enough list according to the longbeards out there? I want an all rounder with some edge but not cheesy lol (the holy grail of lists).

H33D
06-12-2010, 14:22
While the Anvil of Doom can be effective, I don't find that it is worth its points this edition. I would recommend a few things:

-Drop the Anvil. Put your Runelord on foot and kit him defensively. Stone/Shield + Resistance + Preservation + whatever anti-magic runes you want.

-Bring Full Command for your CC units at least. The reason for this is that you don't want a brutal character to walk through your unit. Sometimes sacrificing your champion ('Oy, Skeggi! Get up there and... distract that guy!') can help as you can retain ranks and be steadfast for longer. Very important this edition. That and banners + musicians for the one scenario and for swift reforms etc.

-A grudge thrower with 2 runes of penetrating works wonders. I recommend dropping a few miners for the 25 points.

That is about it really. It otherwise looks like a solid list. One thing that is really up to taste is bringing only elite units and not warriors. It makes your units more survivable to Dweller's Below which is a popular spell, and it is quite possible with Rangers =/= Longbeards now.

I hope this advice helps. It really does look like a solid list, however.

phoenixcrh
07-12-2010, 17:39
On the contrary I find that the anvil is a wonderful tool although I agree its about 50 points over cost effective :(

Champions I would consider but musicians really dont have a place for me as swift reform is unecessary with the anvil and high leadership.

The grudgethrower sounds cool I will try it, but I had longbeard rangers at 40 but I found them to game breaking for some of my opponents, I will bring them in a tourney maybe :shifty: