PDA

View Full Version : Pre-painted Rackham Miniatures by Christmas

Brandir
15-03-2006, 23:08
From Gaming Report:

Rackham is showing off models for their new plastic miniatures game "AT43". The figs are prepainted and plastic making it a very different game for them compared to their other lines. The game looks to be a skirmish "Mech." style game with small tactical units and infantry. The game looks to be approximately. 28mm. Rackham staff are not giving a lot of information on the game just yet. The game is due out for Christmas.

Senbei
15-03-2006, 23:32
Awww..... Crepes. I thought they'd changed their minds about the pre-painting too....... Pancakes for all then ?

Brandir
16-03-2006, 07:51
Here are some pictures:

http://www.gamingreport.com/gallery/v/gamatradeshows/gts2006/games/minis/rackham/

namarie
16-03-2006, 08:56
As far as I know, the game is slightly inspired on the "Dust" series (Paolo Parente).

Dust is (AFAIR) "what if in middle of WWII aliens launched a massive attarck to the Earth, and then the factions fighted against aliens but also against themselves, getting some alien tech"?. Something like this. So, imagine mechs around WWII, not steampunk (IKWM), not mechwarrior, but warmachines on mid XX century.

As it seems, AT43's look is something like Dust, but more "modern". I think it's gonna be something like "actual" armies but with mechs (or more like dreadnoughts like Robocop's dread or like Space Crusade...)

.-: Namarie :-.

Brandir
16-03-2006, 09:15
Harry Turtledove also wrote a series of books about some alien lizards attempting to colonise our planet during WWII.

erion
16-03-2006, 14:57
I must not look at the Rackham mecha...

Persephone
16-03-2006, 21:07
Hmm, I think I'll stick to Confrontation right now. Don't see anything special yet.

Briareos
17-03-2006, 09:36
The search fonction is your friend : AT-43 is discussed on this thread (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23495), aptly named... "AT 43, Rackham's sci-fi game".