PDA

View Full Version : All Scout Army

Dark Hippie
07-12-2010, 06:01
Hello,
I am interested in starting a new space marine army, but I want to do the 11th Company of a space marine Chapter, which I believe is the Novice Company, or the company full of scouts. I have read the new rules and hate that scouts are now BS3, but ill have to deal with it.

Could someone post a good well rounded 750pt list consisting only space marine scouts. Thanks for those who help!

antin3
07-12-2010, 06:38
I don't have a list but this guy has some pretty detailed info on building a scout army,Here is the link
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=200423&hl=metagaming

Charistoph
07-12-2010, 06:51
Just an FYI, you will need at least one unit of power armor on the field as the HQ unit. Who this is is up to you, but keep that in mind.

There are other Space Marine Codicies that have BS/WS 4 Scouts, but none of them have them as Troops.

Gmaleron
07-12-2010, 07:41
Well mate i have also contemplated doing a scout army (however since i will never go space marines because everyone and their buddy is one or has an army, but still its fun to come up with these lists :D) i can tell you that this list does have a handicap but is very fun to play. Have a guy at my store that does an army like this and is quite cool to see. Anyways for 750pts. This is what i had in mind:

HQ: 155pts.

-Master of the Forge
*w/ Conversion Beamer, Bike

(*Cheap, can reinforce defenses which would help with your scouts and conversion beamer for some anti-tank, Bike for mobility*)

TROOPS: 463pts.

- x6 Scouts
*w/ x3 Sniper Rifles, Combi-Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sgt. Telion

-x10 Scouts
*w/ Bolters, Heavy Bolter w/ Hellfire Shells, Combi Flamer

-x10 Scouts
*w/ Bolters, Heavy Bolter w/ Hellfire Shells, Combi Flamer

(*Here you have 26 Marines with some decent firepower in the heavy bolters and sniper/missile combo. Telion provides BS 6 to Missile Launcher to take out targets*)

FAST ATTACK: 130pts.

-Land Speeder Storm
*w/ Multi Melta

-Land Speeder Storm
*w/ Multi Melta

(*Anti Tank Purposes only, that and taking out heavy infantry.*)

DYoung
07-12-2010, 09:23
Hello,
but I want to do the 11th Company of a space marine Chapter, which I believe is the Novice Company,

That would be the 10th...

Reflex
07-12-2010, 10:07
they are possible but dont tend to do so well now that scouts are bs/ws 3. oh weel. still if you want to have some hobby fun go for it!