PDA

View Full Version : Color of Splinter Shards

Kiras of the flame
07-12-2010, 06:05
one of the most commonly used Tech in the Dark Eldar force is Splinter Technology Much like their Craftworld Kin with Shuriken technology...

exactly what color does it spew out? is it diffrent depending on the Kabal? (like one side uses a green color while the other uses a blue one?) or do they all use the sane color (like pink)

theories all about people

Chaplain of Chaos
07-12-2010, 06:17
"exactly" well i'm not sure.

I always saw it as sort of a crystalline clear shard of glass shot through with dark purple black streaks.

Just my imagination at work though.

eldargal
07-12-2010, 06:19
Well, I know in one of the 3rd ed Eldar books it said that there were numerous different configurations of shuriken used by different groups of Eldar for whatever reason. I would imagine it it is the same with splinter weaponry, different shapes, different colours, different poisons.

MajorWesJanson
07-12-2010, 07:58
probably differs based on how they are made/who makes them. I picture them like Needlers/needle rifles in Halo.

Lord Damocles
07-12-2010, 09:32
'...a long splinter of jagged violet crystal.'
Nightbringer, pg.129

Polaria
07-12-2010, 10:20
'...a long splinter of jagged violet crystal.'
Nightbringer, pg.129

...and thus started the great Splinterflame War, which spread into multitude of Warhammer 40K Forums, with word-battles fought all around over if the Canon recognized only purpul shard or if purpul shards were only one possible color of shards...

Idaan
07-12-2010, 10:57
...and thus started the great Splinterflame War, which spread into multitude of Warhammer 40K Forums, with word-battles fought all around over if the Canon recognized only purpul shard or if purpul shards were only one possible color of shards...

If we act now, we can still derail it into another discussion on Calgar punching out the Avatar. Quickly then, to the troll cannon. This sacrifice is expected of us.

Polaria
07-12-2010, 12:29
If we act now, we can still derail it into another discussion on Calgar punching out the Avatar. Quickly then, to the troll cannon. This sacrifice is expected of us.

Ah yes, Calgar and the Avatar. I think the only reason why he could actually reach up to Uncle Avis face to power-slap it was his ingenious way of combining the following:

Kiras of the flame
07-12-2010, 21:53
so... rhino rush it?

Pontiff
07-12-2010, 22:27
I know in the old GW museum 'life size' exhinits in Lenton, Nottingham there was a mocked up section of marine armour with shurikan ammunition embedded in it.

In this case the shurikan discs and fragments were clear slightly off colour yellowish...

If thats any use as a reference given that your initial inquiry mentioned it being akin to craftworld tech.

Kiras of the flame
07-12-2010, 22:32
I think the most common agreement would be that the splinter rifles do vary on the kabal using it... but they have a general color.... perhaps a bright purple or green... or something like that

carlisimo
08-12-2010, 03:35
In this case the shurikan discs and fragments were clear slightly off colour yellowish...

It's a reasonable assumption to guess that Craftworld Eldar make ammunition out of wraithbone... which may be bone-colored.

I'd say splinter shards are mostly transparent. Tint as you like. No justification for me saying this.

Idaan
08-12-2010, 15:23
It's a reasonable assumption to guess that Craftworld Eldar make ammunition out of wraithbone... which may be bone-colored.
Not really. Contrary to popular belief, the Eldar don't make everything from wraithbone - it only forms the cores of their ships and larger craft, the shells for Wraith constructs and small psychic resonance items. They have a range of other psychoplastics for other purposes. The description of the shuriken ammunition in 3e codex mentions "solid psi-crystal cores".