PDA

View Full Version : 2400 WoC

Whitehorn
07-12-2010, 09:38
Looking to field something balanced for all opponents. Not had much joy with my Hellcannon for the last few games, so ditching it outright. Started using a Giant and liking it so far.

The large groups of marauders tend to attract enemy fire (some psychological reason), but it's the Chaos Warriors who win every fight and tear down the enemy.

Sorceror Lord
Lore of Shadow
Level 4
[Arcane] Spell familiar
[Talisman] Talisman of Preservation
[Gift] Stream of Corruption

Exalted Hero
Daemonic Mount
Axe of Khorne

Exalted hero
BSB
Mark of Tzeentch
Halberd
Talisman of Endurance

40 Chaos Marauders
Shields
Inc. Chief
Inc. Std
Inc. Mus
Mark of Slaanesh

40 Chaos Marauders
Shields
Inc. Chief
Inc. Std
Inc. Mus
Mark of Slaanesh

5 Chaos Knights

12 Chaos Warriors
Shields
Mark of Tzeentch
Champion

12 Chaos Warriors
Shields
Mark of Tzeentch
Champion

2 Spawn

Scyla

8 Marauder Horsemen
Spears
Musician

Giant

ROCKY
07-12-2010, 11:39
looks good however i would go with 6knights and secondly you warrior units are too small. i would take them as 14,15,17, or 18 (depending if there are characters or not). with those few warriors they will quickly lose their effectiveness after a few rounds of shooting.

Whitehorn
07-12-2010, 11:43
Bigger units attract more attention from shooting. I keep them small and people seem to target the Marauders, or if sensible, my knights. I don't want to invest too many points in a small attack unit - even 5 models will tear through a rank or two of an enemy unit. I use them as support, to aid the giant and marauders who pit down an enemy ranked unit.

What's the story for 6 knights?

ROCKY
07-12-2010, 17:34
Bigger units attract more attention from shooting. I keep them small and people seem to target the Marauders, or if sensible, my knights. I don't want to invest too many points in a small attack unit - even 5 models will tear through a rank or two of an enemy unit. I use them as support, to aid the giant and marauders who pit down an enemy ranked unit.

What's the story for 6 knights?

i always run six for 3 reasons: slaaneshi at heart lol, secondly works alot better than five because you can afford to take a wound or 2 and still have some get in combat. thirdly 6 is usually a very good size to maximise attacks without going overboard and having people unable to attack because they arent base to base. and as for the warriors your call m8, however any player with any decent strategy will have your giant killed and you marauder unit "shrunken" before they see the enemy line. thus your going to need functional units. another reason to beef them up is to make your opponent panic and have multiple dangerous targets, thus splitting his fire. regardless of any advice given it is your choice in the end. I have played enough games to know that if you make your opponent make difficult decisions you can alter your strategy accordingly. your warriors will kill a rank or two but in return will be ground down into dust if the enemy has more ranks (steadfast) etc.